• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace

genandnic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-6683-5828
Oh good, I'm not the only one worried about why the site has slowed to a crawl.

Rikarudo

Smash Rookie
Can you guys re-upload the missing tunes from Castlevania?
They are all down. I want the right music for Project M´s Dracula´s Castle, please.

Thanks in advance. :D

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Can you guys re-upload the missing tunes from Castlevania?
They are all down. I want the right music for Project M´s Dracula´s Castle, please.

Thanks in advance. :D
Are you talking about the first post or the main site?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
We'd probably have to remake them, cuz I don't know if the original user has them or if they're even around.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Oh, the site is stable again. Great.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Indeed.

Now as sick as you are of me mentioning it...

I would like to remind you that, yes, I have the ability to approve or reject songs from the pending list. However, I am NOT going to be the only one who does it. So, it'd be a bit more helpful of ANY of you BCM mods did something at least once a week. I can almost guarantee, if I purposely didn't do anything to the list, no one here would bother to do it, and it'd definitely, without a single ounce of doubt... exceed 1000. Infact, I could just deliberately not do it, to see if anyone else actually uses their brain's cognitive functionalities to remember the fact that they have the ability to approve or reject songs, as well as myself.

soneek

Smash Ace
Indeed.

Now as sick as you are of me mentioning it...

I would like to remind you that, yes, I have the ability to approve or reject songs from the pending list. However, I am NOT going to be the only one who does it. So, it'd be a bit more helpful of ANY of you BCM mods did something at least once a week. I can almost guarantee, if I purposely didn't do anything to the list, no one here would bother to do it, and it'd definitely, without a single ounce of doubt... exceed 1000. Infact, I could just deliberately not do it, to see if anyone else actually uses their brain's cognitive functionalities to remember the fact that they have the ability to approve or reject songs, as well as myself.
This week I'll help out. Starting next week though, I can say that I won't even be paying much attention at all to the site, unless I'm paying bills or something. I really need to stay focused at school (university) this semester and kick some ass. Seggy will probably be in the same boat as me, so I wouldn't expect him to have much time for the site either. I'll have a couple hours on weekends that I'll check here and on my site email account, so you'll be able to fill me in there on important info, and I'll also see who applies to be a mod or whatever. I may contact some worthy candidates to see if they'll have time to help keep the site in order.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Indeed. I am starting my new college. However, I only have morning classes, so I'll be free in the afternoon if I don't have work in the evening.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Would it be evil of me to suggest that uploading is blocked to EVERYONE if the pending list gets too large? It's already at 217. Maybe disable uploading if there are more than 100 or something?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Would it be evil of me to suggest that uploading is blocked to EVERYONE if the pending list gets too large? It's already at 217. Maybe disable uploading if there are more than 100 or something?
Does seem reasonable. I'm for the idea.
So apparently km-cc is a known malware distributor.
Huh, thought that was just the school computer acting up.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I wanted to check up on the current status of active persons here- the last time I came by, people were going on about how a host was down, now something about a virus?

Anyhow I wanted to cross check the sound quality of this track;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/09uh4u8ht37211a/Possibilities Unleashed Redub.brstm

anyone who's willing to give it a listen.

(Source Material)

I notice this popping noise during playback. It wasn't present in the WAV of the track, but I'm thinking I missed something in the audio settings. I recently switched over to Brawl Box 0.71 after using 0.69 primarily. Has anyone come by this issue with 0.71?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
yea, poping is present in your BRSTM. I believe it was a brawlbox issue. One usually arises with every new brawlbox installment.

But you could always just download the brstm made by Seg over here: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/33621

As for the virus talk, we're referring to brawlvault, not brawlcustommusic.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Much appreciated. I'll see about inserting the WAV into one of the older versions. Good thing that's all it takes.

As for the virus talk, we're referring to brawlvault, not brawlcustommusic.
Not really sure about the distinction you're trying to make. I never mentioned anything about either site.

you could always just download the brstm made by Seg over here
And should I feel so compelled to make my own?

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
And should I feel so compelled to make my own?
Oh, no. Go ahead and make it yourself if you want. It's just that a lot of people tend to be unaware of existing pre-made BRSTMs. Thought I could save you some time.

Not really sure about the distinction you're trying to make. I never mentioned anything about either site.
My bad. I've misread your first statement.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
It's just that a lot of people tend to be unaware of existing pre-made BRSTMs.
Understood. Forreal though, BrawlCustomMusic is my second home. This is for those times where I've searched for a particular song either here or on that site, and they haven't actually been made yet. It happens.

Also I got down to the root of the problem. For some reason or another 3.2 Khz rate omits the noise. I ain't mad, it sounds fine and it results in a smaller filesize. Win-Win

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Apparently, Falk released the full version of that song (IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL), so I'll make another entry for it.

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well did you at least amplify it in Audacity or whatever? Some people will for example take a rip of a PSF file (PSF in this context being the general name for all xSF formats, not just PlayStation), which are usually generally extremely quiet (especially USFs), and don't even do anything whatsoever with the WAV file, and just make BRSTMs and then wonder why it's so quiet :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
On a much more globally catastrophic disastrous scale of seriousness....

"This week I'll help out." said soneek.

8 days later....

Nothing.

Soneek? I want your permission first.

Can I reject all songs in the playlist and put "This song was rejected as it was on the pending list for too long I couldn't be bothered to see if it was worth approving or not" for the description?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I know that myself and others have to be approving BRSTMs and all, but I have school and work. I wish we could get someone who could approve some BRSTMs in their free time.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, first things... I uploaded Super Mario 3D World (as you may already know).

Secondly... I moderated (approved and rejected) BRSTMs today. There were 233 when I started, and when I finished, there were about um... 50? This was over about 2 hours (not non-stop). Then PiSquar3d (TNG) did a few more (30 ish).

I just thought.... hm.... I have the Super Mario 3D World OST... and I'm going to make BRSTMs whether people like it or not! Muaha... but I couldn't due to the thing where mods (or me) can't upload things if there are too many songs pending. So then I was like... I'm just going to sort that list out and get those BRSTMs uploaded, before anyone else! (inb4soneektellsmethatthelimitwastakenoffformeandlaughssayingicouldhaveuploadedanywaywithoutapprovingorrejectingsongs)

KingTiger

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new here and thought of a couple songs that I would love to have in Brawl, so I just went ahead and used BrawlBox to do them myself. Thought I would share them here in case anyone else wanted them too. (Yes one of these is a song I made, don't judge me)

Read through parts of this thread, and was confused whether BRSTMs were even supposed to be posted here anymore, but here they are just in case (they're up on CustomBrawlMusic.com as well).

Sonic CD - Schizophrenic (Collision Chaos JP) - Temporal Duality By KingTiger - DEMO
note: this one has a loop point near the end that jumps it back near the beginning
Sonic CD - Road Trip (Stardust Speedway US) - Temporal Duality By KingTiger - DEMO
note: this one doesn't have a good loop point, so it just ends and starts over

I'm hoping to do a couple more from Temporal Duality, if I do I'll probably just edit this post.

D

Deleted member

THE SITE IS DOWN, THE SITE IS DOWN
ABANDON SHIP

In all seriousness though, the site is down D:
What happened?

ThomasSpeedrunner

Smash Rookie
Perhaps there's just something wrong with the site. I'll wait for an admin to confirm this though.

Also, yes, I have been registered on brawlcustommusic.com. I just haven't bothered to make an account here until now.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Not that anyone gives a ****....

Is it LITERALLY

IM!!!!

****ING!!!

POSSIBLE!!!

To use the site.

There is no way that ANYONE can approve or reject any songs...

It took me FOUR.... ****ING .... MINUTES... just for the MP3 preview to load ONE MINUTE of a BRSTM.

Normally, if there's even such thing as normal with the ****ING GOD DAMNED SLOW ****ING PIECE OF **** SITE... it loads at a rate of about 20x (i.e. about 20 seconds are loaded every second). But it's LITERALLY loading 80 times slower (in other words, it's loading at 1/80th of the speed, which is basically 1.25%).

Top Bottom