• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Someone's already started uploading all the songs. It'd be a really **** move to delete them if they're actually good. I'm going through them atm. Also, Pokemon Origins Music. Someone else can do the cycling theme if they want.

Edit: Ugh, the main thing is that his loops are extremely late. Only a few so far are actually clean.
Wow, if someone can extract the music like that, it'll open the doorway to getting the rest of the anime soundtrack that's based off of the games.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I really like the work you guys do.

You guys just take the time to give people the songs they want in their own games and you expect nothing in return. Thank you all for making a great contribution to the community in general :grin:

---------------------------------------------------

I have a curious question though.

I play an online game and the music it has is in a WAV format and loops properly in game. Is it possible that these songs might already have the loop points set on them if they were converted to a BRSTM format?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I have a curious question though.

I play an online game and the music it has is in a WAV format and loops properly in game. Is it possible that these songs might already have the loop points set on them if they were converted to a BRSTM format?

You'd still have to manually find said loop point yourself when converting it due to the way brstms work. The track may not loop at an interval divisible by 14336. Unless say in the pc game, the .wav loops from end back to the start (*Interval here* back to zero) flawlessly, in which case you wouldn't need to find any loop points.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
You'd still have to manually find said loop point yourself when converting it due to the way brstms work. The track may not loop at an interval divisible by 14336. Unless say in the pc game, the .wav loops from end back to the start (*Interval here* back to zero) flawlessly, in which case you wouldn't need to find any loop points.
Pretty sure they don't do that unfortunately.

WELP.

OFF TO THE REQUEST THREAD.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Actually, that might NOT be necessary.

Here's an easy way to check if it's looped.

Firstly, if it's a WAV file, rename the extension (not the filename itself) to lwav (that's Lwav, not iwav). E.g. if you have 'song.wav', rename it to 'song.lwav', but make sure you rename the extension only. Otherwise, you'll end up with 'song.lwav.wav'

Then, open it up with foobar2000, right click the song in the list, and click properties, and then click the properties tag again.

Go down to the bottom of the window. If you see something like the following, it already has loop points:
<LOOP_END>
<LOOP_START>
<STREAM_TOTAL_SAMPLES>

If, however, you only see <STREAM_TOTAL_SAMPLES> it doesn't have a loop point.

Of course, if this is too complicated, just rename the extension to .lwav, and use a converter which convert between loopable formats, such as ADX, AST, AAX, and even BRSTM itself.

Just don't use BCSM-GUI. There are many reasons:
1. It's extremely out of date (the MOST recent version is from July 2009 as far as I know)
2. It does not adjust loop points to a multiple of 14336
3. It ruins the quality (by making it sound TOO centered, or too mono, or less stereo, whatever you want to call it).

The easiest converter and the one that I use is this:
https://mega.co.nz/#!0JpzRKob!ZnTIMSGreYyxyA4A0feHkBz4iG50ck4ap42QGJWG78U

Included, are 3 batch files.
brstmloopfix.bat, dsp2brstm.bat, and lwav2brstm.bat

dsp2brstm.bat and lwav2brstm.bat do exactly what they say. They convert *.dsp files to *.brstm, and *.lwav to *.brstm respectively. And it automatically adjust loop points to be a multiple of 14336. Therefore, when finding loop points, you don't have to worry about that part. As long as the loop points you found are smooth, it'll work.

brstmloopfix.bat technically converts *.brstm to *.brstm. This may not make sense, at first, but essentially, it fixes loop points that aren't a 14336 multiple. The reason these are included, are because I just included it when I sent it to someone else. The lwav2brstm.bat is useful, if you wish to convert multiple files at once, however, you MUST have the *.lwav files in exactly that same folder as the batch files.

Essentially after downloading the ZIP file, extract it, then rename those WAV files to have a LWAV extension, drag those into the same folder that you extracted the ZIP files to, and then click lwav2brstm.bat.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
Would asking for some of the songs that are no longer valid links in the OP to be reuploaded be considered a request? If so I'll move along

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, Segtendo, and all other mods of http://www.brawlcustommusic.com --

You all remember how you're moderators? And did you remember the whole thing where you're supposed to be approving or rejecting uploads? Well, the fact that until today, almost literally no one whatsoever was even bothering to approve anything, and we actually had over 700 pending BRSTMs. We still have over 500.

Now what soneek has done, is made it so that ALL mods (and only mods, including admins) are not able to upload ANY BRSTMs whatsoever, if there are more than 100 BRSTMs pending. Therefore, if you want to upload anything, stop being so lazy and GET THE HELL ON THE SITE AND DO WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO...
Linkshot, FlameHyenard, bxaimc, etc.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
SpellingPhailer - Science Blaster - DEMO

And finally... (I suck with HTML)

Here's SpellingPhailer's "Science Blaster", best known as the theme song of video game (over)analysis internet show Game Theory created by MatthewPatrick13 of YouTube.

This is my first public .brstm file, and it is perfectly looped! :D

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, Segtendo, and all other mods of http://www.brawlcustommusic.com --

You all remember how you're moderators? And did you remember the whole thing where you're supposed to be approving or rejecting uploads? Well, the fact that until today, almost literally no one whatsoever was even bothering to approve anything, and we actually had over 700 pending BRSTMs. We still have over 500.

Now what soneek has done, is made it so that ALL mods (and only mods, including admins) are not able to upload ANY BRSTMs whatsoever, if there are more than 100 BRSTMs pending. Therefore, if you want to upload anything, stop being so lazy and GET THE HELL ON THE SITE AND DO WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO...
Linkshot, FlameHyenard, bxaimc, etc.

And just in case this wasn't clear enough...

FlameHyenard, Segtendo, Linkshot, bxaimc, and any other members of http://www.brawlcustommusic.com who are either Site Administrators OR Site Moderators:
STOP BEING SO ****ING LAZY AND DO YOUR ****ING JOB!!!

GET YOUR ****ED UP ***** ON THAT ****ING SITE AND ****ING MODERATE THEM LIKE YOU SHOULD BE DOING! STOP ****ING COMPLETELY IGNORING THE "PENDING SONGS" FOR MONTHS!!!! OVER SEVEN ****ING HUNDRED SONGS WERE PENDING YESTERDAY BECAUSE ABSOLUTELY NONE OF YOU ****ING PRICKS CAN BE ****ING BOTHERED TO DO ANYTHING!!! **** THE ****ING LOT OF YOU, YOU ****ING *****!!!!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
How about you shut your trap? We all have lives outside the site, you know.

soneek

Smash Ace
It'll be finished when we don't have more important things to worry about. (Homework, exams, work, going outside, eating, sleeping, acting our age)
We've all been guilty of uploading and approving our own songs, rather than actually checking stuff on the pending list, which is why I'm enforcing that rule. However, this site isn't a job, and we don't make livings off of it. You can't expect everyone to be on top of it constantly. If all you're gonna do is complain, you can just gtfo. I don't know how you keep coming back if you apparently hate us all.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I do try to approve in my spare time, but it's extremely time consuming.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
How about you shut your trap? We all have lives outside the site, you know.

I'm sorry :sadeyes:

I know people have lives outside the site. But IMO, there's a difference between having lives outside the site, and almost 6 weeks of no moderation by anyone but, apart from people approving their own songs. I can understand if it was a few days. But there are literally songs still pending approval from as early as October 7th, if not earlier. 41 days ago, or so.

As hypocritical as it sounds, the reason I haven't been doing it, is simply BECAUSE it'd got so large. Currently however, it's at 466... it's still large, but not as large as it was.

Also, Xermo? I didn't know you were a mod on BCM.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Remember when I got pissed and rejected all the songs last January?
Well I did the opposite

I got pissed and approved all the songs.
The bad thing is that bad songs might have been approved
The good thing is that good songs aren't rejected
The other bad thing is that you can't tell which ones should have been rejected
The other good thing is that this will make soneek's decision easier

He told me that he wasn't sure if I was trustworthy enough to ever become a full mod again. Well I'm pretty sure this made his decision much much much easier... that I'm clearly not trustworthy enough.

Also, there is something to note. While mods can't upload if more than 100 songs are in the pending list... you can only actually upload a maximum of 91 songs. Because the 9 "Multi channel songs pending approval" count towards the 100.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Do you really think that was a good idea just to approve everything without checking them?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
No. But I wasn't really thinking as usual.

Anyway.... you were all saying how you have been 'guilty' of approving your own songs...

The funny thing is.... sometimes I do the opposite. Deliberately leave my songs pending. Not to deliberately make the list longer for other mods to do, but because I want to make sure it's actually good... i.e. a second opinion.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
WHO IS THE ****ING ******** **** WHO KEEPS ADDING VIDEOS FROM BRAWL THAT ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ADDED?
TELL ME YOUR ****ING NAME YOU TROLLING MOTHER ****ING PIECE OF SCUM!!!!!

RAINBOW ROAD IS FROM MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH!!!!
SCRAP BRAIN ZONE IS FROM SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!!!

SONEEK!!!! BAN THE ***** WHO IS DELIBERATELY DOING THIS OR I'LL ADD OVER 1000 SONGS TO THE PENDING LIST AND REJECT EVERY UPLOAD THAT ISN'T MINE!!!!!!

Also, I Z:Lined myself by 'flooding' yay!

13:54 -!- TheUltimateKoopa has quit [Z:lined (Flood from unknown connection)]

soneek

Smash Ace
Riivolution users will be able to connect to the site, and load songs directly from it. We will have the option of choosing each other's song templates, based on our custom lists. The templates will update each time somebody adds a song to their list.

http://brawlcustommusic.com/crap2keep/BCM.xml

Throw this XML inside the riivolution folder on your SD card, and there will be a "Brawl Custom Music" section loaded when you run Riivo with Brawl in the Wii.
If you chose the tempate with my name, you'll have these longs loaded when you play.

Songs in Soneek's game

I'm working on full support for Mario Kart Wii, Mario Power Tennis (Wii),, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and Pokemon Battle Revolution as well.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
It can only be Segtendo, soneek or Moosehunter. So I want to know now!

WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ADDING!!!!!!!!!!!!
MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!
SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!
BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRAWLBRSTMs3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ADDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Is there such thing as a BRSTM Equalizer code?

I heard one member discussing about having it in their RSBE01.gct file but I haven't seen the code for it. Supposedly it equalizes the BRSTMs for files that may be too loud or too soft during gameplay.

Also, is there a reason as to why there's a delay in some brstms playing in-game? I'm having that problem with a few brstms in my hackless Project M.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
SmashBroski said...
Yes, there is a .brstm Volume code (worded differently) that sets all of the .brstm files at one steady volume.
Here it is, courtesy of Deathwolf:

.brstm File Volume [Deathwolf]
4A000000 D0000000
143494D8 43000000
E0000000 80008000
07305800 00000118
7CE94214 EC200132
FC001040 EC030032
7FDCF378 818DA704
2C030000 48000018
3B9C0004 4E800421
83A10014 93E1001C
4BFB51DD 901F01B8
7C030378 2C030000
4BF1E749 38A00000
88050004 5404043E
38E00000 2C070000
41810014 54C6402E
4CC63182 93A10014
38600002 54000FFF
88990000 6884000E
5400063E 7C001B78
4180FFCC 3BC30034
FC400890 C0428068
EC422028 EC802028
EC632028 38610010
1C040014 4E800020
5463063E 93C10008
93E1000C 7CA40214
80010014 38A00000
93FE00AC 7FC3F378
2C030000 483D0D9D
90810008 38C001E0
98030350 7C7E1B78
7C7B1B78 38800001
900DBC3C EC20082A
FC000A10 EC001028
A0030000 E0650000
7CA50214 B0010008
D0010090 D001008C
60000000 00000000

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings

I heard one member discussing about having it in their RSBE01.gct file but I haven't seen the code for it. Supposedly it equalizes the BRSTMs for files that may be too loud or too soft during gameplay.

Also, is there a reason as to why there's a delay in some brstms playing in-game? I'm having that problem with a few brstms in my hackless Project M.

If you're using some riivo server, it takes a while for songs to play in-game because it has to download the BRSTMs each time they're used.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet

If you're using some riivo server, it takes a while for songs to play in-game because it has to download the BRSTMs each time they're used.
I think that if you don't want the delay from downloading the songs directly from the site, you can put the songs you want to replace directly on an SD Card, under this extension:

X:\private\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm\.brstm files go HERE, "X04.brstm", for instance.

And any and all .brstm files will play over the song number listed in the front page of this thread.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Just for clarification, Riivolution uses a different routing.
iiirc, current 4.3U Version uses something like
X:\app\Riivolution\Brawlmods\music\sound\strm\file.brstm

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hey, Seg?

https://mega.co.nz/#!IlZjjR7I!R7lNHHfl42cupfcdyPMhzV-jkf5fUv3HUBGUgYT8mr8

If you're not too busy... or if you haven't downloaded (or bought) it yet :p

No it's not a virus. Unless Sonic Lost World Original Soundtrack Without Boundaries is a virus now. :p

I just did a custom BRSTM of the extended OST version of Windy Hill Zone 1:
http://brawlcustommusic.com/41552

As mentioned in the description, if you want to make it as it is in the game, then, if you can, edit it so it loops from 0:11 to 2:35 (i.e. when the piano bit starts, to where the extra bit starts)

Top Bottom