• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

moosehunter

Smash Ace
What's the technical reason behind BRSTMs with a loop that isn't 0 or a multiple of 14366 being rejected?
Also I'd like to apply for BRSTM moderator but I have no past experiences so I have no idea what I'm supposed to enter there.
What Xermo said. And if you use BrawlBox or makebrstm (which uses code from brawllib), it automatically adjusts the loop points.

LolCakeLazors

Smash Cadet
Uploaded this a while back on brawlcustommusic and Brawl Vault but for the sake of archiving:

Sword Art Online: Luminous Sword - DL ~ Preview (Extended and looped)
Sword Art Online: Aerial Fight - DL ~ Preview (Goes well with Skyloft or Pit's Stage)
Fate/Zero: Let the Stars Fall Down - DL ~ Preview

Last edited:

TGE

Smash Rookie
Whenever I convert a certain song to BRSTM with BrawlBox, it has this clicking noise while the wav file used for conversion doesn't.
What do I do? lol

soneek

Smash Ace
Whenever I convert a certain song to BRSTM with BrawlBox, it has this clicking noise while the wav file used for conversion doesn't.
What do I do? lol
Which version of Brawlbox are you using?

I'll be updating songs from MK7, and some other games with cleaner versions.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So does this mean we can rip 3DS music now?
I sure hope so. Full loops with no engine noises and with intros not cut off!

Also, am I the only one who's actually planning to use the "Edit Highlight Reel" in Mario Kart 8, setting it to have the full race, and setting it to music only, for the purposes of recording the music, which will then be used for making BRSTMs? I'm obviously choosing "Full Race" because as you know, the "60 seconds" duration, which is what most people are uploading, isn't long enough for the full tune in a few cases.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I want to help, Soneek >.>
Tell me how. I want to learn to rip 3DS music.

Last edited:

soneek

Smash Ace
I've been getting rips from people that are able to decrypt their games. There's no way we can do it ourselves very easily at this point.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I hope we get KIU rips :p

Also, I've uploading Wario Shipyard and Piranha Plant Slide BRSTMs.

But I already did that, said Segtendo.

Yeah, but.... they're multichannel streams :p

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
My Wario Shipyard BRSTM and your Wario Shipyard BRSTM sound the same o-o

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You don't have to. You could always keep it and do what Moosehunter does where he does each part separately, and then does a 'mix' of all of them. Or even do a medley where one 'morphs' into the other, and back.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, Seggy, I rejected some of your Mario Kart 7 BRSTMs because... they weren't doing anything.
Like, literally, they were "processing", but there was actually no process whatsoever going on (at least not in queue.php), so really, they were just stuck not doing anything at all. Try uploading them again (but maybe do just one, to see if it processes, and then if it does, do the rest).

soneek

Smash Ace
For MKWii and MK7, if it's 4 or 6 channeled, each stereo pair is one specific version of the song. For 8 channels, the first three pairs are specific songs, but they need to be mixed together with the 4th pair.

In Skyward Sword, usually the first pair is one song, then the remaining pairs get mixed in. Same thing with Yoshi's New Island.

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That's not entirely true with the case of Koopa Cape (the Mario Kart Wii version).

That is to say, each section (in order of when you hear them in the game) goes like this:

Section 1 = Channels 1, 2, 7, 8
Section 2 = Channels 3, 4, 7, 8
Section 3 = Channels 5, 6

As for Mario Kart Wii's menu...
The first part (i.e. Mode Select) contains 2 channels.
The second part (Character/Kart Select), then adds another 2 channels.
The third part (Course Select), doesn't add 2 more channels, but replaces the last 2 channels.

That is, if the menu was one single stream, it'd be like this:
Mode Select = Channels 1, 2
Character/Kart Select = Channels 1, 2, 3, 4
Course Select = 1, 2, 5, 6

Also, soneek, tell the site to stop going down please?

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Actually multiple "awesome songs" are missing :p

Also... I hope you feel better.

Also, why does BCM constantly redirect to http://uk.search.yahoo.com/web?fr=linkury-tb
Well, of course. However, that particular song was one of the best songs from Tropical Freeze, and it always stood out to me. It might be one of David Wise's best compositions. Thank you for the well wishes, I'm still recovering but I am feeling better. Also, BCM didn't redirect for me either.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Did you use your method of recording? I'm thinking of trying it out for myself.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I can't play MK8 yet but I did get it today. It came with a nifty poster since I preordered :)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Did you use your method of recording? I'm thinking of trying it out for myself.
Yep. Just a few notes.
It never plays the final lap version. It just plays the course's music continuously. Therefore, you don't have to worry about doing the course too quickly. Infact, generally, all the course themes are short enough that it'll loop at least once long before you reach the end (except for N64 Rainbow Road, maybe), but even then, you can simply press R or ZR to restart the replay (with the music still playing, which doesn't restart).

Also, variations such as Water Park's underwater part, will not play. Speaking of which, IMO I'd try doing this for BRSTMs that are already uploaded, because I have a feeling the quality of the BRSTMs currently uploaded are not the best quality, compared to directly recording from the GamePad straight to WAV. My thoughts is that converting audio from flash videos embedded on a site is not the best quality.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm trying my best to get whatever isn't on the site. My male-male cable is making the left channel more dominant.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Guys? Please... remember to delete videos from BrawlBRSTMs3 BEFORE deleting the BRSTMs. Like someone did with a few Mario Kart 8 BRSTMs. E.g. the original DS Tick Tock Clock upload that FireLuigi94 uploaded.

Also, to be honest, when I uploaded TTC to compare it to the original upload, my version is better quality. Therefore, IMO, I think all BRSTMs from MK8 should be updated by directly recording them from the game, since let's be really honest.
MOST of them were converted from flash videos on the official site, which is, to be really honest, not much different than converting a YouTube video. Which is not the best quality.

TGE

Smash Rookie
2 of my songs got rejected because they had 'too much popping'
However I converted these songs straight from the OST, I didn't change the volume.
What should I do?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, I re-uploaded Cloudtop Cruise because it got deleted (the video) but then I listened to the BRSTM and.... why the **** does it skip at about 0:54?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, someone *cough* messed up. A load of Mario Kart 8 BRSTMs got deleted. I already told you, if you delete BRSTMs, remove the video first. Otherwise, we have a video that has no BRSTM linked to it. And people will be like "I can't download the BRSTM".

When I uploaded my BRSTMs (i.e. the ones that were already uploaded by other people), the idea was to either remove both the videos AND BRSTMs of the previous uploads, OR to simply replace the original BRSTMs with mine, either by soneek renaming mine, OR the original uploaders (mostly thaCASHdude) to use mine to update his, after which I would delete my uploads.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I GOT ALL MY OLD BRSTMS BACK TODAY GUYS!!! :D Hopefully now a good portion of them can go up to BCM and stuff once I sort out the good video game songs that loop seamlessly and stuff. I did the whole Paper Mario soundtrack off of the mp3 soundtrack, for one, and I'm not sure about any of the others right now, but this is BIG for me and anyone who wanted a song previously. It also means I should be able to fix some of the dead links in here since I know there's a lot of mine since Mediafire deleted my songs. YAY!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
What should we do with all those "E to S" Sonic songs?
If they're pending, reject and demand seamless loops. If on the site already, ask the uploader to redo them properly or someone else will have to do them. Also, going through my old songs made me realize I was close to seamless with a lot of them, but they're JUST off. I should redo some of them, and probably will in time.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
The songs I just uploaded took me FOREVER to get seamless. They're custom loops, and tough ones at that, but I got them.

EDIT: Also just completed the Luigi's Mansion soundtrack on BCM for you guys. There's others I'll do, but later, such as the Spyro soundtracks and finishing up Super Metroid!

Last edited:
Top Bottom