• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You know, Segtendo, I'm not sure if you're a ****ing ****, or just ********.
http://brawlcustommusic.com/38155

What part of DON'T UPLOAD NON-VIDEO GAME SONGS WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE ORIGINAL ARTISTS/COMPOSERS DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

And before you say I've done the same, the ones I uploaded, are either deleted, or if they're still up, but they were uploaded before soneek decided to make that rule. OR, in the case of Alone, I got permission from bLiNd himself, or at least he said it was OK to do it.

But even then, I don't make BRSTMs of actual real songs (i.e. mainstream commercial whatever the **** you call a real song). They're either video game songs, video game remixes, or just non-mainstream "fan-made" music (e.g. original compositions from OC Remixers).... but I never (at least not since the rule was made) upload BRSTMs from real artists.

I also want soneek to answer this question.

If you (soneek), made this rule, WHY THE **** ARE YOU LETTINGS PRICKS LIKE SEGTENDO GET AWAY WITH IT?

He did it with Gangnam Style as well.

http://brawlcustommusic.com/26271

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Jesus christ. So I'm not around all the time. Sue me. I didn't approve that ****.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You say you didn't approve that ****? Well guess what, **** face.

You UPLOADED "that ****". At least Gangnam Style. And I'm PRETTY sure you uploaded that Flo Rida one as well.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So I did it with Gangnam Style. Sue me.
Besides, wasn't that before we implemented the "real songs" rule?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The "no real songs" rule was implemented around January 23, 2013.

You uploaded Gangnam Style on September 10, 2012, and updated on October 15, 2012

BUT, who uploaded http://brawlcustommusic.com/38155 ?

I was sure it was you, but maybe I didn't read it properly. Whoever it was, it was uploaded in August 2013, 7 months after the rule, and was even approved. I could have sworn it said Segtendo.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I was sure it was you, but maybe I didn't read it properly. Whoever it was, it was uploaded in August 2013, 7 months after the rule, and was even approved. I could have sworn it said Segtendo.

Perhaps it was Segatendo?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
If the DNS records are still at freedns.afraid.org, the account's about to expire from inactivity. I don't have the password, and don't want to request a new one because then whoever has the password wouldn't have it anymore.

soneek

Smash Ace
If the DNS records are still at freedns.afraid.org, the account's about to expire from inactivity. I don't have the password, and don't want to request a new one because then whoever has the password wouldn't have it anymore.

I'll take care of it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Soneek. I thought you wanted me to do the Pokemon X/Y music. >.>
Besides, where did you get that wild Pokemon theme without the SFX?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
He mentioned something about a CD in the IRC. But I think he also said it was only those 3. I'm sure he'll let you do the rest. Also, soneek told me that I'd be able to upload again, by the time the OST is released. So if I am, are we going by the original plan of you doing Battle themes, and me doing... the rest?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
A CD, huh? Haven't heard anything about it besides the one coming out in a few weeks.

And yea. We can do that.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Cool.

Also, on November 27th, the soundtrack to Sonic Lost World is released. Soneek said that you're the "Sonic guy" or something, i.e. the one who usually does 'Sonic' BRSTMs :p

http://vgmdb.net/album/41504

Are you doing the whole thing? I don't mind doing some of them, (but I don't mind if you want to do them all :p). I'll probably do the Final Fantasy X HD ones (OST is released December 25th).

http://vgmdb.net/album/42208

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm all up for doing Lost World's as well. I'm a sucker for Sonic music.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I can tell.

But still, why can't we view uploads by a particular user? And also, the chat is still not working. (Why does everything go wrong when soneek's not here? :p)

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
So, it seems the entire BCM database is ****ed.

No hubs, uploads have failed for the last 30-ish uploads.

Still? It seemed to resolve itself by now the last time. Hope nothing dumb happened.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Site's not working ATM >_<

It's working now, but now it's back to that ****ing stupid mode where the database is ****ed up, and NOTHING is appearing in the pending list, NOTHING is appearing in hubs, and searching for BRSTMs isn't possible. And as a result, uploading BRSTMs is literally impossible because EVERY single BRSTM you upload has a very high chance of failing processing.

Moosehunter? You're the most likely person to possibly know what's wrong, right?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You can upload them. I'm gonna upload the actual soundtrack once it's out.

soneek

Smash Ace
Soneek. I thought you wanted me to do the Pokemon X/Y music. >.>
Besides, where did you get that wild Pokemon theme without the SFX?

Sorry, I'll leave the rest to you guys. And yeah, those three themes are part of a Pokemon Center JP pre-order bonus. I'd rather not have any of the line-in recordings on the site, because the quality is REALLY bad, since the game uses streams this time. I guess they had to nerf the quality in order to fit everything they needed onto the cartridge. A week from tomorrow is when YouTube uploads will work again for Pokemon X/Y.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Holy ****. Who finished off the pending list? To whoever did it, good job.

soneek

Smash Ace
Holy ****. Who finished off the pending list? To whoever did it, good job.

Lol, it was a bug in which the pending list appears empty. I have to get a site mod/programmer application up. I'll never really have the time to stay on top of everything anymore.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Question: I know that we can't upload songs by bands/artists, but what if it was covered in a game (Donkey Konga, for example). Would it be okay to custom loop them and upload them?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Question: I know that we can't upload songs by bands/artists, but what if it was covered in a game (Donkey Konga, for example). Would it be okay to custom loop them and upload them?

The same could be applied to Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

And then, of course, there's things like the Sonic 2 Ending Theme being Sweet Sweet Sweet by Dreams Come True.

Or how the invincibility music in Super Mario Land is based on Infernal Galop from Jacques Offenbach's opéra bouffon, "Orphée aux enfers" (or "Orpheus in the Underworld" in English), commonly associated with a dance known as the "can-can", so much so, that the piece of music is widely, yet very very very wrongly, called "can-can", itself?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So I'll take that as a "Yes, we can upload game covers of actual songs." Cool.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure. But I can say that the entire irc.brawlcustommusic.com (and .net) is down.

I can't even connect via IceShat.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So Segtendo? The X & Y OST is available in the US and the UK (on iTunes at least).

Now obviously tracks that have a name like "Battle (Trainer Battle)" or "Battle (Wild Pokemon)" are "battle" tracks. But if you're doing the battle tracks, are there any battle tracks which don't actually have the name "battle" in them? In other words, which ones should I let you do?

soneek

Smash Ace
Someone's already started uploading all the songs. It'd be a really **** move to delete them if they're actually good. I'm going through them atm. Also, Pokemon Origins Music. Someone else can do the cycling theme if they want.

Edit: Ugh, the main thing is that his loops are extremely late. Only a few so far are actually clean.

Top Bottom