• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I've told you this before, and I'll say it again, you have no idea how much the site means to me!

Anyway, Segtendo and I have just sent notes to Yui on his youtube page to let him know about this, so now we have to wait on him to answer, and while we wait,..., WE ARE NOT STARTING ANOTHER CONVERSATION ABOUT THIS WHOLE "Growing up" SUBJECT AGAIN!!!!!

Yui Hirasawa

Smash Cadet
Okay, 2 things.

1. I haven't pushed any additions in the past week towards the website's coding.

2. The fact the site is down currently is completely host-side, nothing in BCM's code caused this.

I'm looking into it as we speak.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Was caps lock really needed? >.>

Glad to see that you're looking into it.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

Considering that TUK gave me the impression that the site wouldn't return, and that Yui confirming that there is hope for the site,..., yes. I get overexcited about these kinds of things a lot.

Yui Hirasawa

Smash Cadet
Oh ****, looks like I'll have to rebuild the entire login system, getting a licence for that **** is way too costly (I could also just crack it though)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Oh ****, looks like I'll have to rebuild the entire login system, getting a licence for that **** is way too costly (I could also just crack it though)
Damn.
I wish you luck on that.
And I'd crack it if I were you :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, guys, let's say you press a button on something -- and it turns out to be a wrong button. Then not long later, that thing goes wrong, whatever it happens to be.
It could be a button on a PC, or maybe a TV, or whatever, maybe a car.

Is it normal to assume that, based on the timing, that your pressing that wrong button is what caused it to go wrong?

Basically that's what happened. I have a feeling I did something wrong in the Admin CP. Then immediately as soon as I go back to the site, that thing happens.
The fact it's immediate, lead me to believe it was something I did. Now what are the chances of me randomly doing something at a random time, let's call it 4:16:32 am (yes, even counting seconds). And then just seconds later, that PHPLogin thingy? Is that REALLY just a really unlucky coincidence? I doubt it.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
In other words, we're basically using the funds we get to repair some of the "damage" the site has endured? (FYW, when I say "damage" I mean "the problems that are going on with the site.") Anyhow, I hope the problem is resolved soon. Good luck everyone.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

(Imitating Sonic's voice) Nice one, Knuckles. Nice one.

(Starts praying in hopes that TUK doesn't question the nickname in an angry tone.)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Alaric...

I wouldn't say that if I were you...

I told you on Facebook last night. He's probably gonna take that into offense.

soneek

Smash Ace
Um.... I think I changed something... I forgot what it was. Something to do with the site's name?
Hopefully we can figure this thing out.

Actually, shouldn't there be a backup of what the site was before last night? I'm not sure if it'll change anything though.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

As I've told you on Faceook, the reason why won't be revealed out loud, and if he asks me why I called him that,..., well,..., I might send him a private message so that no one else besides you and me knows (and I think it would make him less angry at me if it were a private message instead of a public message).

@TheUltimateKoopa

It's not that I worried that you didn't know who he was, I was more worried about your reaction to being called that name. If you really want to know why,..., as I've just told Segtendo, I'll send you a private message,........., if you: 1. promise not to yell at me about it; 2. really want to know; and 3. will just keep the business between you, me and Segtendo. Just give me the thumbs up, and I'll see what I can do. In the mean time, let's hope that the problem is fixed soon (or at least before moosehunter returns. I don't want to think about the look on his face if he returns before we fix the problem. It might be a remix of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" from Fantasia when the master returns and gives Mickey "The Look.").

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
<_< WTF?

Why would I be worried? I'm going to be honest. I didn't even know you WERE calling me Knuckles. I just assumed you were simply quoting something that Sonic says.

If I quoted Homer Simpson saying "Great plan, Bart!", I wouldn't worry about your reaction to me calling you Bart.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Linkshot

By "find something else to do" you mean what? (I'd like to know what you're referring to so we don't get too much confusion from anyone.)

@Yui Hirasawa

Excellent job! We all owe you one.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
There are only 3 admins as far as I know.
Moosehunter, Ijah and me.

Hey, Seg? If you don't, should I just trust you and just approve all the MP3 BRSTMs? Or should I not trust you and actually check each one? :D

Also I have the perfect idea for a few BRSTMs. Wait... unless someone's already done them.

EDIT: YAY!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

How long have you been an admin? (I'm having a hard time remembering with all of the homework I have sending my mind in loops.)

(Looks at the pending approval list) Holy Fudge!! That's a lot of BRSTMs. :grin: Good luck checking them all guys. :grin:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Moosehunter made me an admin just before he left. Do you remember that post in this topic where he said "Can I trust you" and stuff like that?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also guys? Don't even think about uploading any SM3DL BRSTMs.

Also, is it snowing? It is (or was?) here. *looks out window*

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Moosehunter made me an admin just before he left. Do you remember that post in this topic where he said "Can I trust you" and stuff like that?
If I saw the post, I would have to look back at it to remember it now. Let's not forget, I tend to have a hard time remembering stuff when there's a lot going on at my end, especially the recoloring and reorganization of my room, and my parents and I are now just touching up any spots the paint didn't cover on the walls and ceiling. Well, that pretty much gives me an idea of the time. Thanks for the reminder.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Basically, let's say about 6 weeks. Since the end of last year, or maybe slightly later?

Also, as I said in the edited post above. If anyone's thinking about uploading SM3DL BRSTMs, don't. I'm doing it, so *nyah*!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I see.

Is that the reason why you didn't want anyone to upload any SM3DL BRSTM's? At first, I thought that your reason was "It would cause problems for the site."

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I see the site was fixed.
However, I can't get on it :\
Hey, Seg? If you don't, should I just trust you and just approve all the MP3 BRSTMs? Or should I not trust you and actually check each one? :D
Yea.
I usually approve my BRSTMs right away cuz I listened to them in BrawlBox and the loops are fine. I'll listen to your uploads to approve them.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Er... I'm scared. BCM is taking a long time to load.

It's still lo... ****!
It's down...

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

WHY! IS! THIS! SITE! SO! FREAKING! YO-YO!?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Maybe it had "hibernation sickness" and is still recovering from it. (FYW, the site going down being the site being frozen in carbonite.)

Something tells me that dollars will be flying soon.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yui's still on, so don't worry. We'll get an explanation.

And TUK, weren't those rips over on FFShrine mono?

Top Bottom