• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Computers: Q&A (1 Player Directory Included)

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I have tried doing that, but I can't quite get it yet unless I am facing two Ganondorfs ;). Congrats! Though, now onto 3 haha.
Yeah i set the cpus to random and they came out as Falcon n Falco and they were really tough. Its gonna be even tougher in a 3v1. O_O

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I can and have JV 5-stock'd 3 Level 9 Ganons on a team without hitting them once.

You guys are giving the Melee CPU's intelligence too much credit.
This. I've seen a vid of someone just sitting on the ledge and 3 Falco CPUs just used aerials and SD'd without even touching him.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
That's no fun if you just sit and wait for them to kill themselves, it kills the potential for a challenging match.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That's no fun if you just sit and wait for them to kill themselves, it kills the potential for a challenging match.
If I want to have fun and a challenge while playing Smash, I play against actual humans.

I only play against CPUs when I am making sure my tech skill is consistent in pressured situations.
GrimFandango is winning this. Horribly. This^^^

I only use CPUs when Humans aren't available, and i need to practice teching or something. I really don't find CPUs (Moreso Melee wise) to be all that fun when i'm in leisure time.

Gatlin

@GrimFandango,

Sure, that's true. I just think it would be fun to try and beat 3 MK CPUs in a 3v1 match, seeing as their difficulty level doesn't really differ that much from each other. Fighting 3 human MKs, chances are there is going to be at least one who is a lot easier than the others. At least that's how it is whenever I fight friends. :p

@Zatch,

So you never, ever, play CPUs just for fun?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
@Zatch,

So you never, ever, play CPUs just for fun?
I have humans i can play against "just for fun." No offense.

I really only use CPUs nowadays to test certain repetitions or rumors about their play style. Other than that, just tech practice on Hyrule or something, unless a (good) human player is present.

Gatlin

As do I, but like I was saying with GrimFandango, human difficulties and playstyles can differ so greatly between each other. You can play against 3 friends, 2 of those friends may be fantastic at the game, while 1 isn't so good. Hypothetically, if all three of them pick the same character, the difficulty is going to be wonky seeing as it would be comparable to two level 9s and one level 3. The only reason I said fighting three of the same character on the same difficulty, is because it would be an even difficulty as well as playstyle, seeing as the CPUs really don't differ that much. I just think it would be a cool thing to try at least, just to see if you could do it. That is probably just the casual player talking, though.

Sort of like that "300% challenge" idea someone posted.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
As do I, but like I was saying with GrimFandango, human difficulties and playstyles can differ so greatly between each other. You can play against 3 friends, 2 of those friends may be fantastic at the game, while 1 isn't so good. Hypothetically, if all three of them pick the same character, the difficulty is going to be wonky seeing as it would be comparable to two level 9s and one level 3. The only reason I said fighting three of the same character on the same difficulty, is because it would be an even difficulty as well as playstyle, seeing as the CPUs really don't differ that much. I just think it would be a cool thing to try at least, just to see if you could do it. That is probably just the casual player talking, though.

Sort of like that "300% challenge" idea someone posted.
I've beaten 3 lvl9 MKs with MK >.>
Just go on Lylat Cruise and plank and they'll suicide a lot :awesome:

Edit: But if you're looking for a challenge, just go play cruel brawl or something. (though that gets really boring since you have to plank to do any good on it >.>)

Gatlin

Really, it is hard to explain what I mean because I am not part of the competitive scene, I guess. I mean a clean, no tactics, nothing to offset the CPUs and make them do stupid things like kill themselves. "Planking" is doing this, correct? Of course the CPU would die easily seeing as they would be jumping off the course in attempt to get you.

Gatlin

Sonic is fun to punch around, especially after hearing "You're too SLOW!" over and over... :dizzy:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Sonic is fun to punch around, especially after hearing "You're too SLOW!" over and over... :dizzy:
Every time I see a Sonic KO someone especially in Sudden Death they always use that taunt and nothing else. Some Sonic player when they take the lead will run away (Especially in Temple.) so they can win the match.

Gatlin

Haha for sure, I see that all the time. I vote Sonic's taunts as being the most annoying out of any character :p

FIREL

Smash Ace
Meh, all the noobs sonics made a bad reputation for sonic (goes for all othre noob characters too).

Gatlin

I don't think badly of Sonic himself, I like the character. I just dislike when people spam his taunts or sprint away. Lol

FIREL

Smash Ace
Yea i'll respect decent to good ones (any charcter thats good), though theres just too many sonic noobs.

for every 100 sonics i probally see only 2 that are good... maybe less.

Delta-RS

Smash Cadet
More than i can count <.<
I play offline with CPUs more than 80% of the time now, you think i wouldn't learn anything by now
I have to noone will play with me not even my bro.

Oh i have to say 2 luigis on a team (Lv 9) Team attack actually used the luigi ladder
when i was playing in lylat cruise no joke.

Yea i'll respect decent to good ones (any charcter thats good), though theres just too many sonic noobs.

for every 100 sonics i probally see only 2 that are good... maybe less.
Unless you can train sonic which i dont

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I have yet to encounter a good Sonic online. I see OK ones that can hold their own. Those Sonics crack me up when they're are in 1 Vs. 1 and me and another player just sit and watch. Of course Sonic will go "Your too slow!!!" when he KOs the other player.

Gatlin

Ugh, that taunt is dreadful to listen to. Especially when they do it an excessive amount of times.

Gatlin

Maybe you guys should stop playing on banned stages that let Sonic run away...?
I try to. Most of the time I will always choose Final Destination, but sometimes people seem to like picking stages like Temple. So I don't really have all that much control over which stage I play on.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Just give that sonic a big beating on a normal stage (try to piss him off or make him ragequit). That might shut them up.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Whenever I get Sonic players that rage they repeat the same attacks over and over. They mostly use dash attacks, Ftilt, Fsmash, and Usmash. That is why I enjoy the smaller stages with Sonic since he can't really run away unless you have a really slow character that he can avoid the whole time.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Sonic's annoying plain and simple.
Would you mind elaborating? Sonic's game is quite frankly comprised of mix-ups, fake-outs, and tacking on damage at every interval possible. It's not often that I get to play a Sonic that isn't running around. Not to mention he's one of my mains.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Would you mind elaborating? Sonic's game is quite frankly comprised of mix-ups, fake-outs, and tacking on damage at every interval possible. It's not often that I get to play a Sonic that isn't running around. Not to mention he's one of my mains.
I'm referring to those spamming Sonic users. I never said his game was bad. I'm sure you're a decent Sonic user/mainer.

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Ok, I have one question. Do CPUs learn moves from you. I remember when i first played brawl, the Mario CPU sucked a lot, now since I've come up with new combos with Mario( edge guarding, some combos), it starts using them against me. I can still beat it, but it kind of ticks me off a little. So do CPUs copy the moves you do?

Top Bottom