• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

Osi

Smash Ace
Falcos Dash Cancel to forward smash is pretty badass imo.
I often kill with up air and back air on brawl+. The ability to combo into them really helps them become safer kill moves. Much like the knee, being able to combo into these aerial attacks helps their viability as standard KO moves.

D

Deleted member

uair -> knee -> sweetspot knee *****.

also fox is a lot better now, not as good as falco, but still a lot better.
one major problem: tornado spam is broken at 9% hitstun or higher, and since I haven't tested lower I'm afraid it will be at all hitstun levels from about 5% and up.

MuBa

Smash Lord

one major problem: tornado spam is broken at 9% hitstun or higher, and since I haven't tested lower I'm afraid it will be at all hitstun levels from about 5% and up.
It seems like MK is going to require a specific nerf no matter what :/

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Posted this in the other thread too, but we're having trouble with the stale moves code. Any update to the codes?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
What are you having trouble with?

This stale system (1/2) works fine for me:
06FC0988 00000028
3D4CCCCD 3D4CCCCD
3D23D70A 3D23D70A
3CF5C28F 3CF5C28F
3CA3D70A 3CA3D70A
3C23D70A 3C23D70A

poklin

Smash Apprentice
So which stale code does every like 3/4 or 1/2? o, using 3/4 right now, im also using gravity if anyone thinks that makes a difference.

kupo15

Smash Hero

Its not the hitstuns fault. If you use a high gravity then that is why its broken. I find no problems even at 11.75%

Ballin brian

Smash Rookie
does anyone have any of those codes by phantom wings like super captain falcon super ike and others like that then please post then!

PXG

Smash Journeyman
I saw this Brawl+ thing on NeoGAF....

I played some competitive Brawl when it first came out. Got pretty good at it too. But school/work/ other games/ girlfriend take up a lot of time :laugh:

All I want to say is that I am MIGHTY impressed with the work that the Smash community has done. I may not fully agree with turning Brawl into Melee 2.0....but god ****....that is some fine work. Great job guys.

GPDP

Smash Ace
All I want to say is that I am MIGHTY impressed with the work that the Smash community has done. I may not fully agree with turning Brawl into Melee 2.0....but god ****....that is some fine work. Great job guys.
Again with the Melee 2.0 thing... that's not the goal of this project at all. If it were, we'd be bending over backwards to keep the Melee Air Dodge (MAD) in the project. We're not, so it isn't. Plus, just about all the modifications we've made so far were also in Smash 64. Why isn't anyone calling it 64 2.0 then?

If anything, the more accurate name should be Smash 3.0, since that's what we're actually trying to do: make Brawl into a worthy successor to both 64 and Melee.

D

Deleted member

hey, if we just came up with a new name, like smash carnage? (ok not the best one, but you get the idea)

D

Deleted member

too bad that sound isn't is the game.

maybe mayhem would be a better name.

Almas

Smash Lord
I've been working on a jump height code - no code yet, but I do have some news. It seems there are variables hidden in the ether that directly affect how high you jump. Better still, these variables seem to be added to the jump height instead of being a multiple - meaning that a change in them will cause a much larger change in short hop height than full jump height.

The bad news is that they can move around a little bit, so it'll take me a while to track them down. They're hidden in a place which I don't really understand the purpose of. While we're on the subject of hidden places, I DID find the place where the 'in game' variables of things such as knockback ratio and damage ratio are stored - it turns out they're saved in two separate locations. This means that it's possible to change these values during a game. Although I don't quite know yet why you'd want to.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
We need a new air dodge system, preferably one very heavily based on Brawls current system to keep the lines short. I thought either shrink the time you dodge and add a slight delay between dodges, or limit it to one dodge per jump (but don't go helpless). I like my first idea better but I don't really know what other people would think about this. I do think we should get this soon because the air dodge is too powerful right now and MAD takes too many lines up and just doesn't feel right (in my opinion anyways). And if anyone cares I have my down gravity at 1.3 right now and it feels perfect (you fall at the same speed you go up) and I feel 8.5% hitstun complements it nicely.

storm92

Smash Ace
After we decided MAD probably wouldn't make the cut we discussed what you said, where you have one BAD and no helpless afterwards.
The problem is (as was MAD with a few other things) coding space, and priorities of codes.
Simply put, BAD is not broken anymore. We have created, as far as we can tell now, a much more offensive metagame, where approaches and baiting opponents have become more important than camping. Spamming ADs, which would work in vanilla, simply isn't effective anymore in Brawl+.
On the topic of off-stage, with grav mods and the increased importance of edgeguarding, BAD does not have a big effect anymore. They will most likely get one AD off if needed, then the edgeguarding player has to in turn react and continue and fight the guard break.
With air dodges saving people from dying, hitstun fixed that.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Okay I'll take your word for it. I don't really play competitively that much, I'm mostly just here for the ride getting the better Brawl. Until the hitstun code came around I thought the main problem in Brawl was just the speed and still felt it needed faster overall gameplay until I tried the downward gravity code a couple days ago. If most people feel the air dodge is fine as it is then that's okay with me. It just kind of bugs me how there's no risk reward to air dodging outside of a fraction of a second where your open for attack. It wouldn't hurt to have someone make a code and decide upon what to do with it based off of the number of lines it eats up.

Osi

Smash Ace
I don't mind BAD much in the air. If we can make it one BAD instead of multiple with extra code space in the end than that's fine too. With hitstun you can't just spam BAD to escape everything like before. I do dislike it on the edge.

I liked using my MAD to move up onto the stage, or for that extra movement to land on stage rather than grab an edge or up B when falling. All that is so minor though, and not broken in any way. It's just a small personal preference.

With dash dancing, momentum, and shield stun the offense will get even better too. It may even be to the point where BAD in the air balances the game more than MAD in the air would have(this is strictly considering the MAD vs BAD in the air, not really opening the ground debate again). With enough pressure on brawl+ they must use good DI and teching now to escape, so it's adding many more elements to avoid damage. In this aspect brawl+ has actually added both defensive and offensive elements to the game.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I know hitstun prevents escaping by air dodge, but it doesn't really do anything before your combo starts. Maybe I'm being naive, but it seems like BAD is a pretty overpowered form of defense. And a couple quick questions, what exactly do the lagless edges and dash cancel codes even do? I think I could feel a difference, but I really don't know exactly what. Also, are Pokemon without fatigue more powerful than normal characters? I feel like they are and was wondering if there was a way to lock them in one spot between fatigued and fresh.

Osi

Smash Ace
I know hitstun prevents escaping by air dodge, but it doesn't really do anything before your combo starts. Maybe I'm being naive, but it seems like BAD is a pretty overpowered form of defense. And a couple quick questions, what exactly do the lagless edges and dash cancel codes even do? I think I could feel a difference, but I really don't know exactly what. Also, are Pokemon without fatigue more powerful than normal characters? I feel like they are and was wondering if there was a way to lock them in one spot between fatigued and fresh.
Air dodge in the air to avoid combo starters would be a good defense against juggle combos started with an air attack, but it does little to avoid starters on the ground. There are normally plenty of options to attack people during lag on the ground. Also BAD can be used to get closer to the opponent just as it's used for defense.

Lagless ledges allows you to cancel off the edge faster with back/down. This allows for more stalling and spiking techniques when edge guarding from a hang. It also allows for you to jump up to the stage right after grabbing the edge. This makes the edge game have a faster pace. Dash cancel just cancels out of a dash once the start up animation is finished by using down. This allows to dash at someone and press down on the c stick then follow it up fast with something like a forward smash. This changes ground entry out of a dash a bit. There is still some minor sliding.

The PT stamina code makes it so the pokemon does not get weaker when left out past 2 minutes. It does not make the PT stronger, but it does stop it from becoming weaker as the match progresses.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
air dodge has it's downsides. the air dodge animation lasts long enough that some characters will die if they air dodge below the stage because of the lag.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Have you seen some of my matches? Itll show that BAD is not overpowered. The first ganon match is excellent and the two ness are pretty good also

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6265716&postcount=2860

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thanks but I think you misunderstood what I was asking about PT (or I asked purely, no reason to point fingers on someone who is trying to help me out) . I was wondering if when a Pokemon is first sent out (the state they are locked in with the code) are they generally more powerful than most character for a brief period of time and would it be better to lock them into the middle point of their fatigue process. It probably isn't even worth the discussion though because the code will never make it into the final Brawl+. Thanks for all the help though and I hope I'm not being a useless leech and may possibly be adding something to the project even if it is something as minor as getting people to provide insight into why some ideas (mine) are bad.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
air dodge has it's downsides. the air dodge animation lasts long enough that some characters will die if they air dodge below the stage because of the lag.
This is a very good point that I hadn't thought of. Also as I am thinking about it, restricting the air dodge would probably over power Din's Fire

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
This is a very good point that I hadn't thought of. Also as I am thinking about it, restricting the air dodge would probably over power Din's Fire
i have a whole theory regarding brawl originally having hitstun and l canceling, and im sure that the brawl air dodge was balanced pretty well in those regards. it works fine, to be quite honest. if youre getting comboed off stage and you air dodge a killing blow, you're most likely going to die because of your proximity to the stage and the lag from it.

Osi

Smash Ace
Thanks but I think you misunderstood what I was asking about PT (or I asked purely, no reason to point fingers on someone who is trying to help me out) . I was wondering if when a Pokemon is first sent out (the state they are locked in with the code) are they generally more powerful than most character for a brief period of time and would it be better to lock them into the middle point of their fatigue process. It probably isn't even worth the discussion though because the code will never make it into the final Brawl+. Thanks for all the help though and I hope I'm not being a useless leech and may possibly be adding something to the project even if it is something as minor as getting people to provide insight into why some ideas (mine) are bad.
PT code for stamina has a decent chance to make it in the end I would think. I don't think the code effects them when first sent out. I think it's just the same as before the code, but the only change is they do not degrade like before after 2 minutes. I could be wrong, but I think that's how the code works.

Osi

Smash Ace
It is super important. They are using a code set now we expect to be much closer to the final version than the previous brawl+ held, so the results will say a lot.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Is there a results thread? Couldn't find it in the forum...

Anyway, I was just thinking about that "debug" code request that was made a while, and I had an idea. It would be really awesome if it was possible to create a code that forces the CPU to DI a certain way in training mode! That would do wonders for combo practice. Ideally it would be as simply as overriding the CPU's direction input anytime they are in the air. It'd be even more awesome if you could change this direction in-game with a button press or something. Would something like this be possible?

zxeon

Smash Lord
I suppose we should be thankful that we don't have our own forum and smashboards lets us post our topics in general discussion. Because if this had been like hack discriminating AiB this would have never gotten any exposure.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Does anyone have the code that makes PT and stamina free Pokemon separate? Is that what people are considering making part of Brawl+ or just the Pokemon Master as I call it (no stamina, only switch when want to).

Top Bottom