• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl characters we hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
Well still havent played brawl, but lets sum it up, shall we:

Ganondorf: i seriously hated him in melee. especially if it ever happeed to be a sudden death. i run all my might to take him fast and easy. ganon uses normal a with light speed. "goofy screaming sounds". or i just stand there waiting for him. he just stand there too... annoying. walks up to him normal a.... again goofy sounds.

Pit: AGGH SIDE B!! IT HURTS!!!1!1!!one! it can easily give you like 100% if it hit correctly and is just annoying sounds. and lets not forget the spam arrows.

R.O.B.: yup another classic Who the hell character... whats his itentions here? thanks for you help? idk... wasnt mario kart enough to say thank you? <_<

G&W: Simply, i never liked him. just a black 2D guy. Booring atacks. annoying sounds <_<

im just happy no one said mario, DK, Kirby or Link xD

Fawriel

Smash Master
simply i hate jigglypuff there is just no point to her she has the most terrible moves in the game plus for all u people who think r.o.b and g&w suck guess what im a pround rob and g&w mainer
I do wonder, though, why do you think it matters to us that you are a good ROB and G&W player? That has nothing to do with anything.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
I love the whole roster pretty much.

The only thing I hate is how unbalanced they made some characters such as Meta-Knight, ROB, and Olimar

TwilightKnight

Smash Cadet
I hate.

Jigglypuff: I just despise this lousy excuse of a pokemon being in Smash period.

Pit: I can beat him and all. I just find him annoying as hell though.

DK: I don't know I'm just not very fond of him in Smash. Although I do like the DKC series and DK64 though.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Pikachu is annoying and overpowered. Thunder isn't punishable enough for how powerful it is. Dsmash is the same way.

Fox/Falco/Wolf are ok but three characters from a series which is not THAT popular is overdoing it. Wolf is at least different in terms of moveset but honestly I'd rather see Fox/Krystal than Fox/Falco/Wolf.

R.O.B. is a good character that I have no beef with but I have to say that he is not even close to the top 35-ish in terms of characters deserving a Smash roster spot.

Olimar's non-Pikmin moves are too good. Seriously they should do almost no damage because in the real games he can't do crap without Pikmin. Also they didn't even give him the one non-Pikmin attack move he has from the games.

Wario is just odd. I like how unique he is but I can't help but feeling that he is a waste of a roster spot.

Marth/Ike is a lot lamer than Eliwood/Hector. Seriously that tandem would be really cool.

Jigglypuff is the worst Smash character ever though. Seriously if anyone is undeserving it is Jigglypuff. Not popular, really crappy, and too hard to unlock in Brawl for being such a bad character.

snapcracklepop*

Smash Rookie

These guys are so... boring.
dude 1 ur wrong
and 2 u might as well have listed the entire **** game
and for the character i hate, 6 letters
O-L-I-M-A-R!
my friend pays as him and is the biggest gay baby flying through the milky way because he will win and then say he has skill, when im playing as lucas and my other friend is playing as ike, and we're duking it out, and he just sits on the side and throws his **** pikmin, an so i kill ike, have 1 life left, and have 100% when a little grass/plant/gay baby pikmin comes flying out of no where and hits me and i die. then he goes and brags that he rules at brawl, and me and my other friend bunch the nachos out of him because he really sucks

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
Pit's annoying to me, especially when a noob picks him up and spams thinking he is owning. Pikachu is a pain to fight especially after they buffed him, other than that i don't really hate the other chars.

Slayer Wong

Smash Rookie
Samus is a woman therefore she has breasts. Get over it.
Best response to 'That person is only there cuz of the fans!" topic I've ever read.

TOON LINK

What is the point? Its just Link, but in different animation. How did Sakurai think it was ever a good idea to put him in Brawl?

Oh and also Wolf, Lucas, Falco, Ganondorf, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Zelda/Sheik, King Dedede, and R.O.B.
Most likely you tried Link a few times, got the basic move set, then you tried Tlink, got the basic moveset. Oh, TLink is just faster and smaller, well..no.

First off, Link's Gale Boomerang attacks on the main throw, and blows objects or people back on the return with no damage. This can be used to bring space between you and the oppenent, or reduce it depending on how the gale returns.

Tlink's boomerang is similar to SSBM's where it hits both on the release and the return.

For the Down Smash moves, both Links crouch down and swipes their sword left and right for damage.

When you use Link's Down Smash, if someone get hit by it, they automatically pop up or are immediately blow back. When you use TLink's Down Smash and they are first hit but the frontal swipe, they are blow back and are then connected with the 2nd swipe, causing more damage.

For Link's Fair, he swings his sword forward twice, and for his Dair he kicks backwards twice, and for his Up smash, he does 3 overhead swipes. Two which contains the oppenent, and the last one to send someone flying.

For TLink's Fair, he swings his sword forward once, and for the Dair, backwards once. TLink's Up Smash does only one focused upper swipe, which i believe it more likely be able to KO something (an assumption)

And Lastly, For both Link's Dairs, they both have similar animations where they put the sword under them and fall downward, but when Link connects with it directly at the tip of the sword, the oppenent flies off to the left, right, or sometimes even upward. With TLink's connects, it acts as a spike with sends the person downwards. Both the same animation, but totally different effects.

If similar movesets are the only reason, I haven't seen and others saying Ness/Lucus, Fox/Falco/Wolf (not saying they do, incase that inaccurate) but only Link/TLink?

The character I hate the most is Pikachu. Every other attack I hear is PIKA!!! *hears crashing thunder* its the new version of Link's B recovery back in SSBM.

The taunt I hate the most is Too Slow!! Too Slow!! Too Slow!! Too Slow!!

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Lucario- why? Mewtwo was better known and he was one of the original 150. He does not have much personality.

I don't hate wolf but- why does he have country accent?In Star Fox 64 he had a better british accent.

Scylen

Smash Cadet
PIT!!!!!!!! ok why is pit in this game? why does everyone play as him? i have never and will never lose to a pit player. but the main this is this. this is supposed to be nintendos top characters in a fighting game, right? Pit was in ONE game, 22 YEARS AGO, and that game was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Raptor Jesus

Smash Rookie
I hate the Ice Climbers. First off, they're not anything special. Once your stupid nanny dies, survival is futile. That's all I hate. Everyone else I'm ok with.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. I like all the characters. I'm trying to be mean to one but there isn't one in particular that I "hate".

PEACE! LOVE! HAPPIIINESSSS!!!

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Lucario.

I hate Lucario and all those who play as him. One of the posterboys of why the 4th generation sucks.
I could not agree more. If it wasn't for the fanboys, I'd MAYBE be indifferent to him, but with all the idiotic fans he has, good luck with that.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Wario's pretty gross. I don't really understand how anyone could pick him up, fart a character off stage, and then take pride in their win. He's just not a very respectable character in my eyes.

As a side note, I think people who hate a character due to their inability to beat that character are mighty funny.

quantumphotonkid

Smash Cadet
There are very few characters I hate, and a lot of the hate I've seen comes from spamtastic moves. Also note: I main Lucas

On Pit: The only thing I don't like about Pit is his >B move and only b/c it's so hard to DI out of. I can stand all the other stuff, but that might be because I main Lucas. Psi Magnet/stick handles arrows nicely, and PK Thunder pwns Pit's ^B move.

On Ike: Ike is what Roy should have been. He's great and I see absolutely no potential to spam stuff against people who know how to spot dodge.

On Lasers: A lot of people have complained about Falco and Wolf's lasers. I personally have no problems with that. Lucas can absorb/redirect/spam PK Fire. Heck half the cast seems to have projectile deflection now (Lucas, Ness, Pit, Mario, Fox, Falco, Wolf off the top of my head.)

On T. Link: This character draws the same hate Y. Link did. Let me tell you guys, T. Link is my second best character, but Link is one of my worst. Same deal with Lucas/Ness. A small difference in speeds and moveset can make a huge difference when you play the game.

On Pikachu: Again I think the fact that I main Lucas helps here. He seems to work well against spamable moves. He can keep out of Thunderbolt's range with PK Fire/Thunder/Freeze (don't use Freeze) and absorb/deflect/PK Fire annoying projectiles.

Hm... maybe Lucas is the most annoying character? He seems to do quite well at avoiding final smashes. PK Hang Time... er... Thunder.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
No.
It's the best. Taunt. Ever. It'll make any opponent kill themselves before matche's end. Observe:

You're too slooow!
You're too slooow!
You're too slooow!
You're too slooow!
You're too slooow!
You're too slooow!
You're too slooow!
You're too slooow!
You're too slooow!
You're too slooow!
You're too slooow!

QFT! Best argument in this thread. ooh and "Samus is a woman therefore she has breasts. Get over it." too.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wario's pretty gross. I don't really understand how anyone could pick him up, fart a character off stage, and then take pride in their win. He's just not a very respectable character in my eyes.

As a side note, I think people who hate a character due to their inability to beat that character are mighty funny.
Awwwwwwwwwww, that's such a pity. I think Wario is a blast. I mean, like. In more than one way.
Watching him fight is like watching some sort of slapstick cartoon. He's just so hilariously over-the-top, and you never know what he'll do next! One moment he's bouncing all over the place and drilling through enemies, then suddenly he's on a bike and rolling them over, and when they least expect it, BAM, atomic fart!
I didn't like the idea of him much on the paper, but in practice, I think he's one of the most well-designed characters in the game. Then again, I am childish. ^^

Also, I'd like to distance myself from people who hate characters because they can't beat them. I mean, I don't even own the game, and I never really got beaten in Melee, either. My hate for overpowered characters is simply out of principle. I don't see why they treated most characters with the decency to make them somewhat balanced, giving at least most of them visible strengths and some weaknesses, and then just went "oh screw it" and made their favourite characters overpowered monsters.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I have this feeling that someone will ramble on about how we don't need this, that there is a complaint thread.
For me, I don't prefer Jigglypuff, Falco, R.O.B., Pit, and Ice Climbers. (I'm ok with Lucario, but Mewtwo owns the universe, and G&W, the great grandfather of gaming)

Jigglypuff's popularity was only there in anime (which is funny, Sakurai tried to avoid putting in characters that were popular in anime *cough* Goku and Naruto *cough*), therefore, put into SSB64 roster. Now, it seems like she is disliked and unpopular, make room for Plusle and Minun.

Falco seems to decreasing in popularity from other Star Fox characters. I liked the idea of adding Wolf to the roster for a villian and history reasons, but Krystal should have replaced Falco, the loner (and loudmouth).

R.O.B., enough said. Honestly, who had it in their most wanted character list for Brawl?

The annoying little brother of Smash has arrived! Pit, take your stand!

The Ice climbers were only featured in one game, and Climber, for the Game & Watch, seemed like a better game. With little popularity, this duo needs to step down, and please, make room for Plusle and Minun!

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Marth/Ike is a lot lamer than Eliwood/Hector. Seriously that tandem would be really cool.
Someone finally agrees with me. Plus, Lyn should have been playable. Not a fricking AT with a horrible 40-year old voice. She's 15!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Dude, Sigurd. If any Fire Emblem character deserved to be in the game in the literal meaning of the word, it's him.
But Lyn would have been shiny, too. Or Micaiah! *_*

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Someone finally agrees with me. Plus, Lyn should have been playable. Not a fricking AT with a horrible 40-year old voice. She's 15!
I found it funny they had the age wrong on her trophy... and yeah, her voice sucked in Brawl. She should have been playable...

Anyway... I don't really hate many characters. I mean, I hate that Jigglypuff got in even though no one really cares about it anymore. I hate that Ganondorf is so ridiculously weak.

I guess the only actual character I don't like is Yoshi.

JNS

Smash Cadet
Lucario- The fact that they cut mewtwo probably one of the best and coolest looking pokemon, just to please your average 10 year olds disgusts me

ROB- sooooo many charachters should have made the game before him, hell he's not even a char. just an accesorry. what's next the powerglove makes it?

toon link- no real need to have 2 links, plus the real link always ends up getting the shaft and is the inferior one.

pit- i hate his playstile

wolf- We truly didn't need another space animal.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
This thread's still going...

I'll post mine, then:

Pit: everything about him annoys me. How he looks (like a 14-year-old from an anime). How he sounds. His animations. His special moves.

I will never add someone who mains Pit to my friend roster.

Smash Journeyman
Sonic in FFA, I haven't played a single FFA with items on where he did not get atleast 3 kills with the FS.

Ike in FFA, I'm tired of getting knocked into his Fsmash (I don't walk into it, someone else knocks me into it), and that Ftilt is pretty powerful too, I haven't seen anyone spam it though, and Ike players who roll towards the edge and charge Side Bs.

Pit, for Side B spam, sure you can DI out of it before it does anymore than 3 % damage but unless it's held out you can't punish the ending lag in time. Not powerful but very annoying.

Marth for everything, no need to mix up Ftilts and Fsmashes, just Fsmash (in fact, his Fsmash has more range than his Ftilt). And that Side B, it's like Pit's except it does decent damage. Anyway can you lower your shield to avoid getting shield stabbed by the Side B?

And I find Diddy rather annoying, not because of his moves, but because of his taunts and victory poses.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
The only characters that i hate in Brawl are the ones that should not have been in the game, should have been cleared out to make room for characters that would represent other series. So many of them deserve to be jammed down an assist trophy (or pokeball):
Lucas: I'm sure Earthbound was a great game, but it is so much less popular in America. Earthbound is not worthy of double representation, it didn't even manage to cross consoles. Ness is enough.
Zero Suit Samus: My gripe is different from most people's... it is too nonsensical for me that any character would prefer to fight without their body armor. That doesn't make any sense. It makes as much sense as adding in "Link, from the portions of games before he has found his sword and shield". There's no way Zero Suit Samus would be on par with Samus. She's "faster" without it? Her body armor assists her movements, else she would clunk very slowly to get anywhere. Without it she would become slower.
Captain Falcon: Pilots do not fight, and do not have fiery punches. There is no way the F-Zero series could be faithfully represented, besides making stages set on racetracks. So they put in Captain Falcon, without a single move that represents his history?
Lucario: The Pokemon games doesn't need a sixth character.. Jigglypuff and Pikachu are entrenched, they already showed up. Lucario supposedly was supposed to make people o.k. about Mewtwo getting cut. Do you know a single person who has said "I loved Mewtwo, but since they added this completely insignificant fourth generation Pokemon, I'm ok with it.".
Toon Link: This is a tough fight, but, there really really is no sense in representing the same character with two forms. (If you shout that Sheik is a second form, i agree. thatd be an o.k. cut.)
Link should be a representation of all Links, past and present. It should all fall on one Link. Since Link is always incarnated into different individuals (one raised in a forest village, one raised on an island.. so on, there are a few more) two Links couldn't possibly represent them all better than one anyway.
True, they did a good job gameplay-wise, but history-wise, it should be one Link (one that either has normal boomerangs, or an option between normal boomerangs and gales. And so on..).
R.O.B. : I cannot discuss R.O.B.'s inclusion in this game without heavy use of caps lock, which smashboards prohibits.
Wolf/Falco: One of them needs to go, if not both. It's a jolly fun little series, but it certainly doesn't deserve three characters. Two of them are shameless clones of eachother. I would so much rather see another series represented. Anyone. Even Gene. (if you know who Gene is you get a golden sticker)

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised this thread didn't get locked by now... I guess a good ol' hate thread is just what we needed, huh?

From the look of this thread, the most hated characters seem to be Pit, Ike, Lucario and the Space Animals.

The only characters no one has hated on yet (I think) are Mario, Bowser and Pokemon Trainer. But then again, who could possibly hate them? ;)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Awwwwwwwwwww, that's such a pity. I think Wario is a blast. I mean, like. In more than one way.
Watching him fight is like watching some sort of slapstick cartoon. He's just so hilariously over-the-top, and you never know what he'll do next! One moment he's bouncing all over the place and drilling through enemies, then suddenly he's on a bike and rolling them over, and when they least expect it, BAM, atomic fart!
I didn't like the idea of him much on the paper, but in practice, I think he's one of the most well-designed characters in the game. Then again, I am childish. ^^
In all honesty, I'm more hung up on the flatulence than anything else. His quirkiness is nice because, if nothing else, it's different. And in practice, he has some attacks that are all his own. No one else has a move that works like Bite or Wario Waft. And his jittery movement is kind of cool, although it weirds me out because I still think of Wario as the Wario from Mario's games. So the differences in their movements don't gel in my brain properly.

But he's just so gosh darn icky. I mean, he'll use his hand to scratch his *** and then grab you with it in the same battle. Or fart in your general direction. And between 12 costumes, I can't seem to be find anything that makes him aesthetically appealing to me (which is kind of a big deal for me. I can make this complaint about other characters though).

I guess that doesn't seem like much to dislike, but maybe that's a clue to how good the rest of the characters are. Basically, I can tolerate everyone. Wario's one of the few characters who carries traits I specifically don't like.

I may also be a little bitter that they gave Wario 6 pairs of overalls but couldn't squeeze in a Shadow alt. for Sonic. >_>

Daichi

Smash Cadet
this is NOT a hate speach against pit users. simply observations i've made.they may be incorrect, and mostly are based on my opinion.

as a character in brawl, i really dislike pit. now i have nothing against you if you main him, i just rfeel that Pit is the new Roy. Noobs are sttracted to him(not saying only noobs use him, but most noobs i know do), its fairly easy to get decent with him, but overalll theres not too much depth. Now i could be wrong, cuz i havent played pit all that much. these are just observations. Oh, and "HI-Yi-YI-YI-YAAAWWWW" is annoying as all hell , especially when spammed.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, and "HI-Yi-YI-YI-YAAAWWWW" is annoying as all hell , especially when spammed.
Have you heard Japanese Pit?

Not that your annoyance isn't well founded, but after hearing the "nanananananana" of the Japanese Pit, I was relieved to hear it's English counterpart.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
God I hate pit. Not for any gameplay reasons, but mostly for the annoying sounds he makes.

Thank god the "nanannanananaaaaaa" is gone, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom