• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Canada Open: Online Edition. ++Round 3 and Loser's Round 2&3++

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Brawl Canada Open:
Online Edition
ft. Bread
A Canadian Online Brawl Tournament
Janitor and Kithkin present the first major Albertan Online Brawl Tournament!
*Note: Canadian players only. EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH.
--------

Dates & Deadlines
  • The tournament will take place online, with the brackets and results posted in the first posts of this thread.
  • Deadline for entrants will be at midnight of April 20th. There is also a bracket cap of 32.
  • Brackets will be posted on the 21st of April and will be updated periodically.

Deadline Rules
*Note: Please check this often.
  • The bracket will be posted on Monday April 21st (after a run through our judges to attempt to make the bracket as fair as possible)
  • You will have until the night of Saturday the 26th, when midnight rolls around to report the outcome of Round 1, to the one of the two organizers. (Myself and Kithkin).
  • The bracket after round 1 is expected to be posted on Sunday the 27th, and round 2 is planned to end the Wednesday night following. Then round 3 will be posted and the tournament runs as follows, giving about half a week for each round to be played until we have eliminated enough contestants to contact the players directly about time.

Bracket Rules
  • Sets will be best 2 out of 3
  • Winners Finals will be best 3 out of 5
  • Losers Finals will be best 3 out of 5
  • Grand Finals will be best 3 out of 5

IMPORTANT
  • Remember to post the results of your match! Not doing so will end up in the double disqualification.
  • It is your responsibility to contact your opponent and set up a time. If you are unable to complete your match on time, both you and your opponent will be disqualified. Note: If you are having difficulting contacting your opponent, PM myself or Kithkin and we will do our best to contact your opponent.
    [*] If both your opponent, myself, and Kithkin are unable to contact you through your giving contact address or on Smashboards, you will be disqualified.

Stage Rules
General Rules
  • Matches will follow advanced slob picks, first match is double blind pick with random stage, all matches following go: Loser picks stage, winner Announces character, Loser announces character (for all the inept, you use your form of contact (Like MSN) to do this). AllisBrawl.com has chatrooms available as well.*Note: The above rules are not necessary if both players agree, then you may not do the above:.

Neutral Stages
BattleField
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpick Stages
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Castle Siege
Jungle Japes
Corneria
Rainbow Ride
Green Greens
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Distant Planet
Norfair

Banned Stages
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Bridge of Elden
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Drive
Warioware
New Pork City
The Summit
Sky World
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Shadow Moses Island Temple
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Onett
Big Blue

Super Ultra Banned Stages
Green Hill Zone

*If anyone would like to change the neutral, counterpick and banned stages, let me know and if there are enough votes, I will change it.

Additional Rules
- 3 stocks
- 8:00 minute time limit.
- No Items.
- Wall Infinites are banned. (Example: Neutral Jab Infinites, King DeDeDe Wall chain grab)
- Do not spam costume changes before a match, it causes lag.

Confirmed Player list:
If you know you're going to participate, please post your:
  • Alias
  • Name
  • Province
  • Friend Code
  • Email Address (or some other form of contact)
Feel free to add any other information you'd like others to know about too.

THE PLAYER LIST:
Count: 32/32

Feel free to post suggestions about tournament rules. As well, feel free to post any questions you have about the tournament.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Bracket.

IMPORTANT
  • Remember to post the results of your match! Not doing so will end up in the double disqualification.
  • It is your responsibility to contact your opponent and set up a time. If you are unable to complete your match on time, both you and your opponent will be disqualified. Note: If you are having difficulting contacting your opponent, PM myself or Kithkin and we will do our best to contact your opponent.
    [*] If both your opponent, myself, and Kithkin are unable to contact you through your giving contact address or on Smashboards, you will be disqualified.

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol Sid, Tyson was asking about your lag.

I hope you read that section well (if victor has it in the post) (which it looks like he hasnt, so basically in event of major lag we will run a test or two with our secret panel, and come to a decision with our panel and the two players)

>_> Connect brawl directly to your router!

oh and don't whoop me plz.

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh by the way guys, dont spam this thread up if you can avoid it, although I am, once the tournament starts, we will really need to not have it spammed so that we can find results of matches.

kithkin

Smash Champion
With jamey the current confirmed list is 12, meaning we will accept 20 more contestants, I'd suggest mopping up that spot fast, because we have 4 different forums that this is posted in, not just SWF, so what you see might not be exactly up to date.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Norfair
Distant Planet
These. Not banned. <___<

Norfair - Sure, Lava is stronger than Brinstar... and? It's still easily avoided. Most things are seen coming from MILES away. and the giant lava wave? *Shields it, taking no damage and barely any damage to shield* If you have pictochat then have this.

Distant planet... banned?

Alright, Bulborb is an instant KO. Ooooh... and the Klaptrap on Jungle japes isn't? This thing is much easier to avoid, as well. Rain does almost nothing but force hte fight back to the main platform. Pellets are like weak Green green apples.

Speaking of Green greens.

Corneria
Green Greens
Dedede <3 Walls.

Too many wall infinites in Brawl to have these two IMO... <___<

kithkin

Smash Champion
K, Norfair and Displant planet I agree with, Victor edit.

but green greens and corneia I want to keep. if anyone infinites, since its banned the opponent can just quit the match (start l r a) and save replay to prove.

Kk.

kithkin

Smash Champion
DeDeDe's chain grab is allowed, even if you do it back and forth, just not against no walls Dan.

Basically, any way you can screw up, but like ROB's Dtilt on bowser on cornerias wall is not allowed.

Its only cause online is prone to infinites and thats stupid.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Everyone, I would like to point out that the list is now at 27.

Having a cap of 32 means there is 5 slots still open.

Although Victors list isn't updated, everyone whos posted here so far is on it, so dont worry, but if you're not already on it,

GET ON IT NOW OR YOU'LL MISS OUT

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
OKAY THAT'S IT.

Thanks for everyone who entered. Since we reached the 32 cap earlier than expected, Kithkin and I will release the brackets earlier than planned, so keep checking this thread or better yet, subscribe to it.

Vitality

Smash Ace
Mmmm so what do we do when lag arises?

I tried playing with Carl yesterday and didn't work out so well (and we live in the same city).

kithkin

Smash Champion
How many times do I have to tell you guys.

seriously read the posts or I wont help you.

We deal with it as it arises and run tests to see where the problem is, because sometimes its just the two people fac ing eachother with lag, no one else.

kithkin

Smash Champion
anyways, I've generated a bracket,

I've ran it by 3 panelists (wont say names because people might care(ones not even in the tournament))

so we're just waiting on victor so he can clear it, then it will be posted.

Prez

Smash Apprentice
So, because it's earlier, what kind of deadlines are we looking at now for rounds? Just curious.

Also, Kithkin, I'm going to be out all today, but I'm good to get our match done on the weekend.

You have my information so just post here, PM me, email me, or whatever.

kithkin

Smash Champion
alright, I added your e-mail if you use msn, if not I'm sure I'll message you later today about when we can do it.

And the round times, I plan to not change them at all. only because people who havn't been checking in wont know that they've changed if I change them.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Victor... I removed mine, but keep a link to the bigger version of the good one, cauuseee. its hard to read it shrinked

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh and victor, dont update the bracket till the specified deadline, cause I'll update it in TIO itself and send you a good copy.

And people, please dont do matches from rounds ahead of time unless you cant play during a certain time period, because it will mess with our data.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
What? That wasn't me >_> I've been at the mall all day.
Okay. THAT was me. Only cause my brother rarely goes on, and i'm used to it always being on my account. (No Johns).

Anyways, thanks for everyone who posted their results.

Top Bottom