• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl = Broken Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
So I've played melee, I've played smash 64 and I've played brawl. In order of my favourites it would be Melee - Brawl - 64. In order of BUGGED GAME it certainly goes BRAWL - MELEE - 64. From the first time playing Brawl there was something about it. Something lagged, broken, strange, weird. Different from Melee. Now that I've played Brawl ALOT (like im sure everyone else has) I'm nearing the point where I'm no longer interested in playing this game. The number of ingame videos I have collected that contain bugged game mechanics and weird glitches is approaching so many that its hard to discerne one recorded video from another (Nintendo just couldnt let us name our videos could they?). Heres pictures that show the clear bugs of this game (there is no hacks or anything of the type applied here, this is just playing the game normally without any modification).

Me Dodging **THE DODGE CERTAINLY HAS NOT ENDED BY THIS POINT IN TIME**
Me getting hit during that dodge animation.
Glitched Illongated Kirby mouth.

I have many other videos of me dodging/blocking and still receiving damage, It is supremely annoying when it happens to me ingame and it is what makes me want to quit this game. The kirby glitch happened after I had killed him with snake by the top of the screen. Immediatley after he died he teleported onto the stage with that glitched model and then suddenly disappeared from the stage.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Perhaps you should email Nintendo, and complain to them. Be sure to attach your glitch pictures for them.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I say if the same number of people played some other game with the same intensity then they would find the same number of glitches in that game. Its all because of the many Brawlers out there.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I would also point out that games are getting more and more complicated and they are beginning to go to other companies for major pieces of the games engine (Brawl uses Havok, and many PC games already use various engines that power other games) so there is definitely a lot of things that would contribute to glitches. While that is the case, I think Brawl is a very glitch minimal game and a lot more polished than many other titles out there.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Yeah I totally agree that there are more buggier games out there but I just thought that people might like to see the kind of weird glitches ive experienced in brawl and also to find out if anyone else is having the same problems as me.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I've gotte say I never had any trouble with Brawl concerning glitches and bugs.
The only thing I ever had in a match is the Wolf-Side B-Edge bug, in which you end above the edge and then fall to your doom unless your reaction time is not n00b (which it was when it first happened to me).
Other than that, I never have trouble with glitches, bugs, or anything else in the game which seems/is out of place.
(except the buffer system, which is no glitch/bug, spam A with Ike, get knocked of stage, do a Nair, Death...)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Melee had over 100 glitches/tricks, and they were more awesome than Brawl's, too. YYG Thunder Jacket, Soul Shocker, all the cool boomerang + grapple tricks... and Pika's gigantic collision bubble during Agility.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Glitches and bugs aren't really bad in ANY smash game that I've noticed. If you want to see glitches take a look at GTA 3 on PS2...holy crap its so glitchy.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
You do realize that the airdodge animation doesn't start for like, one or two frames. If you're pressing it as soon as you're about to get hit, that's why you're getting hit. Press it earlier.

This thread seems dumb. It sounds like you just lost a lot of games due to your own botched airdodges, and now you are complaining that it's the game itself. :\

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
Brawl glitchy? Ha, any game has glitches, and brawl have few compared to other games.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
You do realize that the airdodge animation doesn't start for like, one or two frames. If you're pressing it as soon as you're about to get hit, that's why you're getting hit. Press it earlier.

This thread seems dumb. It sounds like you just lost a lot of games due to your own botched airdodges, and now you are complaining that it's the game itself. :\
Sorry but thats just not true :p I rarely lose any games against the opponent I fight regularly (my brother) its just that I have noticed this happen on MANY occassions and it is extremely frustrating. Oh and in that picture I posted, the animation has already started.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Air dodges have a set frame of invincibility and then like a few open frames.

it's not a glitch.

Example Ness' air dodge.

Air dodge
ENDS: 50
Invincibility: 4-30

Meaning there are 20 frames of opening after you air dodge plus a 3 frame start up.

Solution? dodge the hit so that the hit box passes between frames 4-30. Your opponent just needs to do the opposite. Hit the Air dodge during the 3 frame start up or 20 frame end time.

THIS IS NESS' AIR DODGE. Some characters have different air dodges.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
So....what's your point? You basically just made a thread saying that brawl has a lot of glitches and you don't want to play it anymore. Go play Melee or something else, then. The community really could care less if you think Brawl is a glitched game. You probably haven't even taken the time to try and understand why it is that you're getting hit while airdodging.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
So....what's your point? You basically just made a thread saying that brawl has a lot of glitches and you don't want to play it anymore. Go play Melee or something else, then. The community really could care less if you think Brawl is a glitched game. You probably haven't even taken the time to try and understand why it is that you're getting hit while airdodging.
Oh yes I have :p

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
That usually happens to me too. When I see that happen, I just say, "Hey, I airdodged" and continue to fight. :ohwell:

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Air dodges have a set frame of invincibility and then like a few open frames.

it's not a glitch.

Example Ness' air dodge.

Air dodge
ENDS: 50
Invincibility: 4-30

Meaning there are 20 frames of opening after you air dodge plus a 3 frame start up.

Solution? dodge the hit so that the hit box passes between frames 4-30. Your opponent just needs to do the opposite. Hit the Air dodge during the 3 frame start up or 20 frame end time.

THIS IS NESS' AIR DODGE. Some characters have different air dodges.
This.

I still feel you're trying to find a scapegoat for losing.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Sorry but thats just not true :p I rarely lose any games against the opponent I fight regularly (my brother) its just that I have noticed this happen on MANY occassions and it is extremely frustrating. Oh and in that picture I posted, the animation has already started.
...did you read this? :p

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
ok, maybe wavedashing wasn't a glitch, but it was an unintended result of the game physics.
i dont want to start a melee debate in here but once again, lol no. it was intended.

to the OP, is your disc scratched or something then? i've never heard of that kirby glitch before. and if you really are getting hit in the middle of your airdodge, there could be something wrong with your game.

or you could just have bad timing.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Broken game...?
Mine works just fine...

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
I never had any of the "glitches" you mentioned happen to me, maybe you are airdodging too early or too late, cant really tell just by looking at those pics, it'd be easier if we had a vid or something.

As for getting hit while the shield is up, you do know that the shield gets smaller the longer you have it out right? Certain parts of the character's body become vulnerable, this is more noticeable in bigger characters like 3D, DK, etc

Richard7

Smash Ace
I am the brother mentioned by Corpsecreate and I can say without any doubts that Brawl is bugged. The word 'glitchy" has been used a lot. I think the more correct word is inconsistent. Brawl is massively inconsistent. Bugged is also an acceptable word :p.

1 question. If you are on the very left of a stage and then you power shield an attack, is it normal for you to fall off? I don't think it is because when you powers shield you don't move or get pushed from attacks.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I should point out that if Falcon's Upair only hit you where it shows it's hitting you in the second picture, then your airdodge worked, since that's a later part of his hitbox. So airdodge later. It's likely you just aren't as familiar with the lengths and mechanics of Brawl's dodge system as you think you are.

Before this complaint is taken seriously, actual video footage of someone being hit out of their airdodge would need to be shown.

And no, you will not slide off the stage if you PS an attack properly.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Before this complaint is taken seriously, actual video footage of someone being hit out of their airdodge would need to be shown.

And no, you will not slide off the stage if you PS an attack properly.
Properly? How do you power shield something properly? Isn't it just a matter of shielding at the right frame? Also, we have videos of many bugs and inconsistencies, its just a matter of getting them from our Wii and onto Youtube.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I can upload the video to youtube when I can get my hands on a camera, I'll show the video and you will see that I am CLEARLY dodging on time and yet I still get hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom