• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Bowser vs. Melee Bowser

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I prefer Brawl Bowser, but with out the side B, I guess there is a new strategy. (Never used Bowser in Melee)

Who do you prefer and why?
(I'll bring an argument later when I have time.)

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
brawl's bowser is a better character so i prefer him. i love how he can suicide which leads to some nasty mindgaameesss

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
While the new claw is more useful, I still miss the old one.

I miss awesome up-b out of shield.

I miss crazy matches on Yoshi's Story, with automatic fortress hogging.

I miss L-cancelling, which actually let me use all of my aerials.

And I miss the old firebreath, which wasn't as punishable.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Brawl bowser pales in comparison to melee Bowser, I explained this in the last Melee vs Brawl one we already had >_>

darklink92

Smash Rookie
I prefer Brawl Bowser because overall he's a better character. His Standard B is way better, Bowser Bomb is better, and I like his Side B more. Although his Up B seems worse.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Melee Bowser>Brawl Bowser.
1.F-smash
2.Fortress
3.Klaw
4.The BITING in klaw
dont feel like listing more now.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I missed Bowser chomping on Pikas and Foxes.
I prefer Brawl Bowser a bit because his Infinite Jump pulls off major mindgames, and its fun to do a Bowsercide from the air when some1 tries to spike me.
Brawl Bowser gots better flames, of course.

I still miss the chomping. Id always chomp on Pika and Fox because I hate them Both as well as Sheik.
Bowsercide, Firebreath, and Infinite jump for Brawl Bowser, Chomping for Melee Bowser.

I still love them both because Bowser pwns.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
The reason I like Brawl Bowser is because that side B is a life saver.

I was 200%. 1 life.

My opponent was a MetaKnight. 0%. 1 life.

Not a good match-up.

But I bowsercided into sudden death, and I made the first hit from there.:chuckle:

Bluekaze

Smash Rookie
Brawl Bowser is improved.

But, I miss his old ^B and the way his old side B worked.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
melee bowser could get comboed
Most people are fast enough to improvise, now. Strings are still possible, and moreso on Bowser. =\

He really hasn't changed in position, although I do believe that Brawl Bowser is a much better character than Melee Bowser overall.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I miss the old klaw, the chomping and throwing without grabbing was awesome. The new one is great and you can bowsercide. The only real thing I liked better was the old ^B.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I prefer Brawl Bowser. I've always done better when using Brawl bowser. I haven't used melee bowser much lately so maybe I would do well with Melee Bowser if I tried using him again.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Like I've said, I'd take Bowser's Melee claw with his Brawl claw's speed.

I think the Brawl physics are much kinder to Bowser than Melee's were, overall.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Klaw should of allow you to choose to either Bowserslam, toss over the shoulder, or the terribly strong back throw... Also munching is great also... I also like the whole fact of Melee Bowser's Klaw with the either hit or grab things...

Other than that, things I enjoy from either Melee or Brawl...

Melee:
Fortress = Awesome kill move
Forward Tilts is less noticeable and very quick
L-canceling

Brawl:
Pivot jump = B-air <3
Easier Bowsersides
2 hit Forward Smash
2 hit Buttslam (activate from ground)

Speed Demon 64

Smash Rookie
I prefer Brawl Bowser because overall he's a better character. His Standard B is way better, Bowser Bomb is better, and I like his Side B more. Although his Up B seems worse.
I totally agree with you dude. All of his specials got buffed. Only his Up B got nerfed, but I never really used that move to damage enemies anyway. Also, his side smash got buffed as well. It can do %56 if fully charged and sweet spotted.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
If I could've had one wish for Bowser, it would've either been SA on his down+B or a regular throw that can kill (below 300%, I mean).

I do like the idea of his toward+b being like a separate grab when it connects which you could hit up to do the bomb, forward to do the shoulder and back to use his awesomely powerful back throw (an I assume they'd come up with something for down).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I totally agree with you dude. All of his specials got buffed. Only his Up B got nerfed, but I never really used that move to damage enemies anyway. Also, his side smash got buffed as well. It can do %56 if fully charged and sweet spotted.
Wait so melee you didn't use the fortress... and you think one of his positive traits is his fully charged sweet spotted forward smash...?

Sweet. Ok.

Top Bottom