• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl at Hals monthlies (Videos are up!!!)

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
are you guys gonna come to the sarasota melee tournament thats coming up? i know polmex is getting pretty good and mooney etc enjoys playing melee as well...tampa should def come to that

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ok good sir. I better be impressed and you better get Top 3 at chu's weekly on saturday.
Well I can guarantee the vids will impress....

But I can't make any guarantees about Saturday. My chances of getting Top 3 are about as good as Inui's at gigs. They're there, but they're not too stellar. >_>

"Too much pressure" lol.

CO18

Smash Hero
Well I can guarantee the vids will impress....

But I can't make any guarantees about Saturday. My chances of getting Top 3 are about as good as Inui's at gigs. They're there, but they're not too stellar. >_>

"Too much pressure" lol.
You're too unconfident lol.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah Im definetly going with the VCR next time so I dont have to re-record everything with a fricken digital camera and then have to upload it. Everything should be re-recorded tonight and uploaded sometime tomorrow.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I would love it if we could get another one of these in before the next semester starts. For myself, that's the 12th. I'm not positive,... but I think USF starts the 5th?

But yeah, don't rush things. I understand you need to clear things with your parents and such.

'Nyways,... Monk keeps yelling at me and I'm done listening to it,... so I'm just gonna go ahead and pick up Gdub again. I haven't used him in forever, so you'll see him the next time I'm at a smash thingy.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Brawl @ Hals 2 is gonna be awesome. Please don't host it really early Jan, I'm gonna be in Ft. Lauderdale till the 3rd.
Brawl at Hals 2 will have moneyz.

God knows when its gonna happen though. The PnT tourneys might keep me occupied enough not to feel the need to host one. Hopefully everyone can still come out to those. :D

Grand Finals set one is uploading right now, and EVERYONE watch Petey vs. Monk match 5.

TOO INTENSE. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D_pi3fLNnE

OverLade

Smash Hero
Next tournament should be MK banned...Mario only, Final Destination
I'll make it happen. :D

Finally all the fricken vids are up except the very last match which is uploading right now. Thanks again to everyone who showed up and the next one will be even more epic.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
So the next tournament will be around the end of Jan? Will there be Melee? :[ I really want to participate in tournaments, but nothing ever happens here in Tampa and I'm still a Highschool student, so driving around the state is out of the question for me.

m00g267

Smash Cadet
Well I had mix feelings since Moog was complaining XD. I'll put it up in that case lol.
just tape a better match! lol i dont mind cuz we both goofed in this one anyways. but the first two where so much better like during one of them everyone was just *stare* "why are we not taping this?!"

anywho whens the next one so i can unleash the fury of my new main, Jigglypuff ?</jokes>

also!

God knows when its gonna happen though. The PnT tourneys might keep me occupied enough not to feel the need to host one. Hopefully everyone can still come out to those. :D
Tong said the next PnT tourney is gonna be in january..... of 2016.

OverLade

Smash Hero
just tape a better match! lol i dont mind cuz we both goofed in this one anyways. but the first two where so much better like during one of them everyone was just *stare* "why are we not taping this?!"

anywho whens the next one so i can unleash the fury of my new main, Jigglypuff ?</jokes>

also!

Tong said the next PnT tourney is gonna be in january..... of 2016.
klfdafjlkfsafjlafjafa *will probably not be playing brawl in 2016.

Also, I have good news and more good news.

The good news is my Wii is working fine. I can still play brawlz. The more good news is I just got a dazzle and video maker thingy.

But the surprise bad news is that no moar brawl at hals until I get accepted into college. XD

So write me recommendation letters!!!! :D

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Well,... that's good news, well, the recording and Wii aspect.

That blows about the college acceptance thingy though. I wish you luck in your search for an institute. I'd write you a letter of recommendation, but I'm neither an institute, or a teacher.

m00g267

Smash Cadet
lol just apply to hcc, they accept everyone, and say look i got accepted to <i>a</i> college, not necessarily gonna go there

not that there's anything wrong with hcc.... *goes to hcc*

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
There's absolutely nothing wrong with community colleges. I should know,... I'm currently attending one, Monk is too.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah I understand that, but in theory Im a "smart" kid and "should" be going to a university. I fear its mostly because of the whole financial crisis going on that I haven't been accepted anywhere yet (last year people with worst stats then me got accepted into USF etc..).

If it comes down to it I wont mind going to HCC but I'd really do ANYTHING to get out of my house because the rules are so strict XD. If Im somewhere at University I can at least get out to tournaments outside Tampa etc...

But I have plenty of time to worry about that so oh wells.

*Goes back to working on Combo video*.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
klfdafjlkfsafjlafjafa *will probably not be playing brawl in 2016.

Also, I have good news and more good news.

The good news is my Wii is working fine. I can still play brawlz. The more good news is I just got a dazzle and video maker thingy.

But the surprise bad news is that no moar brawl at hals until I get accepted into college. XD

So write me recommendation letters!!!! :D
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up. So there's going not going to be a tournament anymore until you're accepted? .... *sobsssss*

OverLade

Smash Hero
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up. So there's going not going to be a tournament anymore until you're accepted? .... *sobsssss*
Yeah, basically, don't assume anything is going to happen until I post that it is. >_>

I wanted to have a quick one on the 5th, but that's not going to happen unless UF decides to accept me extra early and make my mom flip out XD.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Depending what you are thinking of studying, there's different schools that are best in this or that subject. as for UF, did u submit the application by the deadline which states early selection?

i don't think i ever had to get letters of reccomendations ever for my applications. just the essays and transcripts and that's it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Depending what you are thinking of studying, there's different schools that are best in this or that subject. as for UF, did u submit the application by the deadline which states early selection?

i don't think i ever had to get letters of reccomendations ever for my applications. just the essays and transcripts and that's it.
Yeah, I turned it in, in october, but they arent telling anyone until February. So supplemental material could still help my application.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Meh you don't need none of that there fancy book learnin'
XD Theres literally no arguing with my mom on stuff like this. If I want my parents to every love me again I better get in somewhere good lol.

But this is a forum for barwlz, not Cllogez. So lets talk barwlz.

<3 Dazzle.

m00g267

Smash Cadet
Yeah I understand that, but in theory Im a "smart" kid and "should" be going to a university. I fear its mostly because of the whole financial crisis going on that I haven't been accepted anywhere yet (last year people with worst stats then me got accepted into USF etc..).

If it comes down to it I wont mind going to HCC but I'd really do ANYTHING to get out of my house because the rules are so strict XD. If Im somewhere at University I can at least get out to tournaments outside Tampa etc...

But I have plenty of time to worry about that so oh wells.

*Goes back to working on Combo video*.
i had a 4.2 gpa and went to HCC. i didnt have the money for a university and i just wanted to get my basic **** out othe way in a small cheap college. i plan to transfer to a university though, for art! :D (hopefully)

anywho good luck with that sir

Top Bottom