• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
You need the "disable custom stages" code in your GCT. Otherwise, when you go to the SSS, the game will look at the stacksmash exploit stage and crash.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Glad you got it fixed :)

I don't know if the StackSmash was updated to 1.5 version or not (the download page may not be updated), so you may want to download CodeManager 1.2 and use the .TXT file that comes with the standard download and add in the Disable Custom Stages code. Otherwise, you won't have the correct version of the game.

I'll make a mediafire account and upload an updated GCT for SS, assuming the download page's is 1.0 still :x

EDIT: Apparently you can upload to MediaFire without an account :o
This is the 1.5 version for StackSmash (only thing that is different is that it defaults to put handicap on, but it starts at 0 anyway, so just don't put in a value there :p)

Make sure you rename it to RSBE01.gct!

http://www.mediafire.com/?gu2uzttekgynfnz

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i noticed that a few weeks ago, but when i showed others, it wasnt the same for them. me and you though, we have brawl minus as higher than brawl plus. thats all that matters.

peril1337

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhyetRhyet
The GCT for StackSmash still isn't working for me, I don't know what the problem could be. I have the boot.elf at the root of the SD Card and the st_exploit.bin at private\wii\app\RSBE\st, same places I used for B+. Is there something I'm missing?

Goddratini

Smash Rookie
As a Ike user all I want to say is, "Ikes Nair lag reduced? lolzomgwtf how?" XD
Seriously, Ike will be most fun :D.

bleyva

Smash Ace
they did this in Balanced Brawl too...

also, thats the only thing that excites you about ike-? XD
not gonna lie, considering the ending lag for his nair in vB never ends, the new one in B- gave me a bit of a stiffy as well.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I'm with BPC, some (if not all) are not B-. Look at the CF grabbing with UpB in the ditto, there's no way that is minus. Not even close to SHOW ME YOUR MOVES! BOOM time.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Japan has always been a frontrunner in offensive play but lacking in defensive and receiving options. Notice the lack of techs, little attempt to PS, and very little if any SDI (Marth tipper on sheik, falco nair hits). It shouldn't be a surprise that they like the faster characters more so than they like ones that perform best in the environment.

5ive

Smash Champion
Yeah, there was no DI at some points, and yeah, no techs, but that's what a combo video is. It was still enjoyable nonetheless. <3 the Japanese.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Japan has always been a frontrunner in offensive play but lacking in defensive and receiving options. Notice the lack of techs, little attempt to PS, and very little if any SDI (Marth tipper on sheik, falco nair hits). It shouldn't be a surprise that they like the faster characters more so than they like ones that perform best in the environment.

They say that offense is the best defense.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
The sepia filter over the Brawl+ footage implies that it's old, or "past", and that minus is "present"

Or at least that's what I got out of it.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know where to find that Battlefield texture @6:19? :o

I'm incredibly in love with this video :) There always seems to be SOMETHING super crazy with Fox/Falco in the combo vids Japanese people release of B- :o

EDIT:

Just curious, how're things going with Baroque/MegaCrash? :)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
We haven't been testing it. It was buggy, so we took it out, and then AFAIK, we haven't even really tried to make it not buggy. But I'm not in the BRoom, so who really knows?

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys fixed the wifi desynch problems? I Brawlminused somebody and it desynched(Note: we both have the same version(1.5) )

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
a few different things can cause desynching. one is if you have different .pac files. say on mine i have ganondorf with the OHKO punch, but youre ganondorf doesnt. i hit you with a ganon punch, and you die on mine, but on yours you just got knocked back. desynch.

another is if a bit variable(?) is set. i dont know if its still coded like this, but before, with link, his arrows changed a bit variable. or something. bit variables dont get reset when you go into the actual game, so if you shot an arrow in the waiting room, then your bit variable would be different then the other person's bit variable.

im no expert, so i could be wrong about the bit variable. or whatever its called. the ganon punch example is right, for sure, though.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Does this have the purple menus and stuff? Or could you not get that ported?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I wasn't able to get it ported, but I checked with a Japanese friend of mine if it really mattered. He said that it doesn't really matter to them. I'll try and port it fully when I get the time.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
mmm can anybody help. im trying to go back to vbrawl, cause im bring my wii setup for a smashfest.
but my snake is still doing brawl-grenades( more kb with it). i deleted the pac file and the gct. but i did keep the csp and menu 2/ but hes still doing brawl-nades. everythign else is vbrawl with him..
did i miss something?

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Sounds like you forgot to delete his fighter pac.
Also nades don't have more knockback, they have vertical trajectories now is all iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom