• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge; A Project: M Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Bowser's Revenge

A Project: M Tournament

Please Note:
The venue is a family store; moms with kids come in on Saturdays. Try not to curse.
This tourney starts earlier because we need to leave venue by 9PM, so we'll be running things smoothly. If you're going to be late, let me know via text/etc!

Energy drinks available on site, bring a couple extra bucks so you can be caffeinated out.

When: starts 11AM Saturday, May 26th.

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Road, Suite 170
Plano, Texas 75075

What: Project: M Singles and Doubles.
There are no current plans to have any side event (IE melee/brawl); UTDZac and I want to have a tournament mainly featuring P:M, and adding anything else might take up the focus.

Sethlon’s cell: 832-482-5588
UTDZac's cell: 361-676-2223

Schedule:
11:00AM Doubles registration and friendlies
12:00PM Doubles start
2:30PM Singles registration
3:00PM Singles Start

Setups: Bring them. FREE VENUE if you bring a full setup that we use for the tourney.

Entry Fee:
Venue: $3 (free if you bring a setup)
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 per person

Payout:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
7. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.​
8. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.​

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.

STARTERS:
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

COUNTER-PICK:
Metal Cavern
Pictochat
Skyworld
WarioWare, inc.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Dracula's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Temple: M
Green Hill Zone
Rumble Falls
Kongo Jungle 64

BANNED:
Everything Else

Other Rules

1. The TO is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players.
6. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload to the internet. If you have a problem with your video being uploaded, notify the TO asap.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This will be great info for the team, thanks for hosting!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.

I have to wonder why this rule isn't used more often (aside from "time constraints"). But it really is the most fair way of solving things.

Sudai

Stuff here
So like. . I miss you guys. . I love P:M. . No school or work that weekend. . ****, I think I have to come.

Now to find someone willing to use their car to go. I think I got this though. Is there anyone willing to house OoS and can reserve a slot for a car from Louisiana? Should know soon if we're gonna come up.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
TIL that tournaments you post aren't added to your subscription until you post in them :upsidedown:

This will be great info for the team, thanks for hosting!
No prob! I'll be recording a bunch of matches too, so expect to see those up on youtube afterwards.

I should be there, bringin that 2007 tech :).
Legit! I've been having P:M on the main tv at my wednesday smashfests, if you want to get a feel for it ;)

So like. . I miss you guys. . I love P:M. . No school or work that weekend. . ****, I think I have to come.

Now to find someone willing to use their car to go. I think I got this though. Is there anyone willing to house OoS and can reserve a slot for a car from Louisiana? Should know soon if we're gonna come up.
Legiiit! I can possibly house you guys, but it might be a tight fit. I'll have to talk it over with the roommates.

Are you going to be supplying the SD cards with fresh PM downloads to prevent cheating/textures? Or checking any setups that people bring?
Probably not. Texas brawl has always had people bring custom wiis, and theres never been a problem.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

Man Sudai I haven't seen you since I saw you at one of Dphat's Smashfests back in the day.

Would be awesome to hang with you again.

I think I'll try to go Sethlon, I'll see what Problemo is doing that weekend.

I"ll be using my wario :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hahahaha this is such a good name for a PM tourney! thanks for hosting this Sethlon, probably one of the greatest joys us in the PMBR have is seeing tourneys being held for it and people having fun playing it seriously. =)
invite darkrain to thisss

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Hey sethlon r u planning on having a project m only smashfest? I know u said u will have one setup at ur smashfests but i need serious practice and a teammate and im not familiar with the melee scene around here

:phone:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
hahahaha this is such a good name for a PM tourney! thanks for hosting this Sethlon, probably one of the greatest joys us in the PMBR have is seeing tourneys being held for it and people having fun playing it seriously. =)
invite darkrain to thisss
My only regret is that I didn't have the foresight to think of this name earlier and focus on playing bowser instead of sonic lol

I told Darkrain about it, no response back from him yet tho.

Hey sethlon r u planning on having a project m only smashfest? I know u said u will have one setup at ur smashfests but i need serious practice and a teammate and im not familiar with the melee scene around here
I gotcha. I'll probly have my next smashfest be P:M only. You free on wednesday afternoons?

D

Deleted member

Project M, and close to me? Ok, definently going to practice project M ALOT more. I dont have a single good character or idea on one though, its just a mish mash.
I can stream and upload to youtube, i have a little usb webcam mic but it works great so if anyone for some reason wanted to commentate that'd be cool. But im pretty sure I wont.

Edit: UTDZac and Sethlon should commentate if they can. I'd love to hear that.

Edit: did I just kill the thread?

BlinkIV

Avenger
We just had a side-event tournament for Project: M singles, it went by really fast and it was really hype, as well as fun. I'm really stoked to come out to this and play with other Project: M players.

since

Smash Journeyman
any way Leaf and I could get housing for this? probably just friday

we will likely show up around 11-midnight on friday if we can get it

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Set ups are required to be the "non-wifi compatible" version correct? There is a difference. It affects the way the input is read.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So, Darkrain is confirmed for attendance :awesome:

Set ups are required to be the "non-wifi compatible" version correct? There is a difference. It affects the way the input is read.
Yes! Setups must have the non-wifi compatible version. The other version has some differences with shield buffering and other stuff.
Not that big a deal if someone brings the wrong version though, changing it is as simple as changing one file on the SD card.

So I have a car confirmed with 4 people. If you can still house us that'd be awesome Sethlon, if not just let me know. :]
Talked over with the roommates, and unfortunately we just don't have enough room for that many people =( I'll keep asking around though.

any way Leaf and I could get housing for this? probably just friday

we will likely show up around 11-midnight on friday if we can get it
Sure, we could house you guys.

D

Deleted member

Hey Sethlon, I have a question. Would there be a good enough conncetion to stream at this place? Before I ask anything else I'd like to know if I can.

D

Deleted member

Well the streams themselves can be uploaded to youtube and i can cut the videos for each set. But w/e you want I guess.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
I'll definately be making this!

If I bring my wii up would anybody be kind enough to help throw homebrew and project M onto my wii? O:

sidenote: I've never played project m before.

:phone:

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Playing with this ruleset a bit has reminded me how awful Lylat Cruise is.

Can we ban a stage based on the fact that everyone hates it?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I actually was seriously considering not having it legal Drew. I hate it too =(
Alright, invoking TO powers. Does anyone actually want Lylat to be legal? If not, I'm just gonna take it off. I'm using a fairly conservative ruleset as is so personally I wouldn't mind it being gone. (There are quite a few stages like the new Port Town that I think could be viable stages, but that can wait for another day.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom