• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge; A Project: M Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, side event idea:

A "No Melee Top Tiers" event to encourage some diversity. That means banning Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Jiggs, Peach, Falcon i.e. all the characters that saw little to no changes.

Not sure if there's time to run this or not, but I thought I'd share and see what others think :)

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
this should be interesting

no one has improved since 2005 so I have a chance right?

;x

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Project: M Patch 2.1 is out, guys! Make sure to have that version if you bring a set up this saturday.

Check here for patch notes

And as always, here for the download

With fire
:phone:
Firestorm death.
So this is how Lylat Cruise dies....with thunderous applause.

Also, side event idea:

A "No Melee Top Tiers" event to encourage some diversity. That means banning Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Jiggs, Peach, Falcon i.e. all the characters that saw little to no changes.

Not sure if there's time to run this or not, but I thought I'd share and see what others think :)
An interesting idea...but I'd think that people who want to play the melee vets wouldn't want to enter, and those who want to play other chars would already be doing so in the main singles event.
this should be interesting

no one has improved since 2005 so I have a chance right?

;x
Holy ****.
Moast3 was my first smash tournament ever, it'd be an honor to have you here!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
gonna be three members of dkrew there, though i'm showing up later (around... 1230 or 1...) due to previous plans!

and sudai's gonna be there? i see that guy on the smashmods site all the time (i'm bamfalu). if i somehow get in for teams we should go double lucaryu : o

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
An interesting idea...but I'd think that people who want to play the melee vets wouldn't want to enter, and those who want to play other chars would already be doing so in the main singles event.
Think of it as a new age low tier event. I just get the feeling this tournament will have a lot of "try new p:m character, lose, switch to melee vet character" happening, this tournament would prevent that. And hopefully these would become less and less significant as the new character metagames catch up with the veterans. Also we should call this an affirmative action tournament.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sad day... Won't be able to come to this. :[ I know you guys will be hosting more though and once I get my car fixed up I can definitely come and show you guys the power of the butthole in P:M.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
ANNOUNCEMENT!!

If you are bringing a setup or SD card with Project : M on it, please please update to the May 23rd release (Version 2.1). You can download it here if you don't have it already.

The store owner is gonna have hotdogs, snacks, and drinks for sale. Bring your spare change and buy them! Help support our awesome venue!

D

Deleted member

I already got 2.1 so im set. Im glad they set the CPUs the way they did, its alot more fun not playing mario and also having a decent opponent.
LOL Lumpy, you havent played the game before but I could help you seeing as how ill be setting you up. Also, hackless, or homebrew? I dont feel like using riivolution.
Probably going to bring like 10 Dollars extra for MMs and FOOOOOOD

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Dont worry, I can play falco, or ness! :3

Idk bro. I've wanted to throw homebrew on my wii for a while though. I also want to be able to make texture hacks. :/

D

Deleted member

Ok, I can set you up with homebrew and show you how to texture. I know a bit about hacking SEVERAL things. I'm no Hacking backroom team or anything like that though. do you have your own SD card or should I give you one?\
Any ideas on a team Combo? Ive got a fox, falco, marth, and ike. TL for friendlies/lolz

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I need an sd card, and unfortunately I dont have one.
That's an awsome hack though. I think i'm going to mainly mess with character hacks though. Maybe make squirtle koopa and have a robocop falcon?

We can play falco/marth, or falco/fox.
i also have a good sammy.. I think.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I figured this much.

bro we can falco ditto's if you want to.

I'll also play wolf, pika, G&W, and ness with a falco.

D

Deleted member

Lol, lets just see what we have when we get there. Also, this may be stupid, but the way I access homebrew involves your Mac address for your wii. IDK if ill have internet access there, but just incase it'd be cool if I got your files on my computer right now.

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Does my wii have to be connected to internet for this? Because I dont have internet lol. I can get the mac code for you though.

D

Deleted member

I just need your mac code. I use that to download the files for your wii

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
HEY! So the Project M team updated the game to version 2.1 today! Are we going to all use that version for the tournament? It has a lot of important bug fixes that affect gameplay. *cough*sonicsideb*cough*

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

Well theres your problem...2 :awesome:

Actually Lumpy, the SD card I had planned to give you got chewed up by my puppy today... :| I have a Flash Drive but I need to keep that, so Ill get you homebrew and try out project M and later if you can get your own SD card then you can download the files. Sorry man.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm glad someone caught it, lol.
HEY! So the Project M team updated the game to version 2.1 today! Are we going to all use that version for the tournament? It has a lot of important bug fixes that affect gameplay. *cough*sonicsideb*cough*
And thus, Sethlon's plot to attain free money has failed. Curse you, Project M!

D

Deleted member

Well i know its not preffered to stream, but I set everything up for streaming and just tested it all. Everythings working fine and is amazing. I can obviously record, but something might come up to change some minds.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if this somehow starts late (like... 1230 ish...) i can totally team with someone. then hit them in the back with spirit bombs and ganon fairs and stuff.

i'm a legit partner.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
if this somehow starts late (like... 1230 ish...) i can totally team with someone. then hit them in the back with spirit bombs and ganon fairs and stuff.

i'm a legit partner.
Keep in touch with me or Zac via text and I'm sure we can work something out.

Well i know its not preffered to stream, but I set everything up for streaming and just tested it all. Everythings working fine and is amazing. I can obviously record, but something might come up to change some minds.
Having another recording setup would be really nice. If Bowser's Revenge ends up being a recurring thing (which it very well might), having a stream down the line might be nice, but I'd prefer to keep it simple for this one.

D

Deleted member

Sethlon, I got 2 people who would love to commentate so theres always that just incase. Anyways, I guess its time to pack up and stuff.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Keep in touch with me or Zac via text and I'm sure we can work something out.
don't have either number, but i'll be talking with drew. if you see this in about 30 minutes and wanna pm or let me know your number, that's cool, though : D

D

Deleted member

Typing something in on the thread itself while at the tournament. Cuz pro. Oh hey theres Sethlon drinking Dr Pepper!... He doesnt even realize im typing this. I am happy.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Singles - 19 entrants
1: Sethlon - Sonic ($57.00)
2: UTDZac - Lucario ($28.00)
3: Awestin - Ness ($10.00)
4: Tai - Mario/Marth
5: Rob
5: Denthorn
7: Problemo
7: DrDrew
9: Cory
9: Rexozord
9: Sentenal
9: PFHOR
13: Xeven
13: S->RY!
13: Doom
13: Lumpyfish
17: ZachAttack64
17: Ryan
17: Six

Doubles - 8 teams
1: Sethlon / UTDZac ($56.00)
2: Awestin / Xeven ($24.00)
3: Problemo / Denthorn
4: Cory / S->RY!
5: DrDrew / Sentenal
5: ZachAttack64 / Lumpyfish
7: PFHOR / Rexozord
7: Rob / Tai

Tio File download link.

I will definitely be hosting more of these. Probably one in June when I find time for it. It was a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom