• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Makeover for Smash!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I want Melee Bowser dang it. He's getting more and more goofy every iteration. First a body slam and now a drop kick? What's next, a suplex? A DDT? Why not put some spandex on him and call it a day?

Take comfort in knowing he will never be more goofy than in this.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Speaking of goofy looking.... If we get alternative costumes we need tuxedo bower in for an unlock!

How the hell does he manage to get that on though his shell?

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
Last time Bowser put a tuxedo on it caused a chain of events that nearly ended the Mario Multiverse.

Let's shelve that idea.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Nah bowser got some orthopedic work done to his back. It's given him a chance to get back to the gym and shed some pounds. Word on the street says that him and Wii Fit Trainer have history in this regard.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm not talking about the moves and stuff, I'm talking about his appearance, and how much better/worse it looks!

in comparrison to

Bowser stands upright, which looks more like he did in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story.

Any thoughts on this change of design? I was unsure of it at first, but I like it a lot now.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
If K. Rool isn't present in SSB for Wii U/3DS, I plan to main this new Bowser. He looks like loads of fun.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bowser pictures wouldn't hurt either, and gifs. I wonder if I was to get a Bowser sig, what current Smash4 Bowser footage to use as that small gif in a sig? Probably him drop kicking Mario in the boxing ring after blocking his attack. *thinks*

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Bowser pictures wouldn't hurt either, and gifs. I wonder if I was to get a Bowser sig, what current Smash4 Bowser footage to use as that small gif in a sig? Probably him drop kicking Mario in the boxing ring after blocking his attack. *thinks*

Either that, or his run. He can actually run properly in this game. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Comparing the artworks, it really looks like Bowser has slimmed down. Thanks to WFT. :laugh:

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
I like it. He's less savage-looking than his melee and brawl appearances, but more true to his appearance in the Mario games.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Bowser media? On it.

I think a gif showing Bowser running and then dropkicking Mario with the caption "THE **** TRAIN HAS NO BREAKS" would be nice.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
The new look is certainly better. It has plenty of detail in itself and properly represents the character.

PhlipDarkRiot

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhlipDarkRiot
Has more innate personality if ya ask me. He seems very confident too, which considering how much he captures Peach should be in full effect.

D

Deleted member

I love how Bowser looks in SSB4. He looks more powerful and more menacing. Not to mention the fact that he's getting some buffs such as faster speed and probably more powerful attacks. I think the Koopa King will be far better than he was in Melee and Brawl and I can't wait to play as him.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It does generally fit the way Bowser is generally protrayed in most games he's been in. The hunched over Bowser I guess has appeared a few times but not really very often that I can recall outside of smash.

To me this just seems a much better represetation.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
It does generally fit the way Bowser is generally protrayed in most games he's been in. The hunched over Bowser I guess has appeared a few times but not really very often that I can recall outside of smash.

To me this just seems a much better represetation.
Conveniently better! :D

Also, do you guys think Bowser's shell counter from M&L:BIS will come in some way, shape, or form?

D

Deleted member

Conveniently better! :D

Also, do you guys think Bowser's shell counter from M&L:BIS will come in some way, shape, or form?
Maybe that could be his new animation for when he is shielding.

On the note of BIS, I am a little upset that his side A is still the same and not his punch from BIS, but it's nothing that I will lose sleep over.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Maybe that could be his new animation for when he is shielding.

On the note of BIS, I am a little upset that his side A is still the same and not his punch from BIS, but it's nothing that I will lose sleep over.
Yeah me too but maybe his animations will change from e3 like Kirby's aerial hammer, it is still pretty early development wise

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Apart from his new upright stance, Bowser has undergone a large change in appearance. While I understand they are trying to make look similar to his in game look, he could do with some tweaks to his design because honestly, he looks a bit plastic imo.

Is it just me? What do you guys think of his look as of now?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm pretty happy with his look. Brawl made him look realistic to the pout where it allocate sent Bowser anymore, and this Bowser looks like he does in the Mario games.

Hong

The Strongest
All the characters in Smash 4 use more stark, defining, primary colours, by design. This is a nice change from previous entries, where a lot of the cast just looks kind of washed.

I like the decisions made with Bowser, as well as Link.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, so I'm not the only one who though he looked kind of plastic? But I still do like it more than his look in Melee and Brawl. He looks more badass.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Oh, so I'm not the only one who though he looked kind of plastic? But I still do like it more than his look in Melee and Brawl. He looks more badass.
Yeah I absolutely agree, his overall design looks a lot more promising than previous iterations. I just hope Bowser comes off his botox therapy treatment before the release of the game. The king of the Koopa's should have working facial muscles after all :smirk:

D

Deleted member

Bowser looks more intimidating and that gives me a sense that he is more powerful. I freaking love it! I personally didn't like Bowser in SSBB, so seeing this Bowser was a delight to see for me. I just hope he gets his voice actor instead of rehashed sounds from Brawl.

Top Bottom