• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Makeover for Smash!

Seeing it like this kind of makes me like Bowser better when he's hunched. He looks more like a creepy turtle dragon man now, at least in that picture anyway. Not too big of a deal though.:p He does look more like himself now overall.

People are right: his new posture will make him a better fighter now that his head isn't hanging out in front of him.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Considering that Bowser now stands with a straighter pose, he's not quite as big as in Brawl, where he was hunched over most of the time.

The following is just a size comparison that I did up, to at least give you an idea on the size change.

Lol I'm gonna show this to the Ridley haters. Saying smash always follows size yet bowser is smaller then his brawl form. Nice and thanks for this bowser size comparison! :)

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Wow looks like I'm responding to an old thread here, but I like and dislike the new bowser. The colors are more vibrant, which is a big plus. However, in doing so, they've compromised the detail. Same with mario. The detail on the fighters was what set Brawl apart from a lot of other Nintendo games during it's time. Also, I kind of liked Bowser hunched over.

This new Bowser will have a new way of walking, I think. We'll see how it goes, but I'm on the fence with this one.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I LOVE Bowser's walking animation, THAT is the strut of a villain, I hope Ganondorf gets one that's equally as brilliant.

Edit: Scratch that, I want a better running animation for Ganondorf, the one in Brawl was pitiful in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
One thing that kinda bothered me about the older model was that his shell always seemed like it was made from leather or rubber instead bone or whatever hard, durable material they are typically made from. Whenever he moved it would flex and bend very noticeably, I suppose it couldn't be helped too much but maybe the new design will allow the shell to remain at least a bit more static without too many animation issues. However, looking at his new animations, and stances, it looks like this has been addressed.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I'm gonna take this would be the "Bowser redesign appreciation thread". Well, I' ll leave my input here.
Love it! Bowser was one of my favorite heavyweights since Melee and things like the nail skating run animation always made me wonder "wut?". I understood the look Sakurai was going in Melee "64 models but with a very realistic make up". But some of his animations and how his shell worked was always confusing (the shell bended, shells don't bend, they are rigid!).
Also, Im hoping this trend of updating models also means a power boost. SSB4 should be the era of heavyweights.

BanjoK&MarioBros

Smash Cadet
I was blown away by how amazing he looks at last years E3, but now after all this footage and pics of him... Man, I gotta say that I have a new main in the making right here. I always feel like maining him in Smash, but he's always been so darn slow with rather sucky attacks. But this time around he looks exactly the opposite, I can't wait to try him out!

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Before, I've always wanted to like Bowser, but I couldn't. Sliding across the ground instead of running, slow, not standing upright... he didn't feel like Bowser. Now, he is just perfect. He looks so much better, standing correctly, actually running, new and faster moves, and yeah... this is how Bowser should have been all the time, and I'm SOO looking forward to play as him in Smash 4! ^^

Shök

Smash Champion
I LOVE Bowser's walking animation, THAT is the strut of a villain
^ x 100. I LOVE his walking animation... Well, I actually love everything about him, at the moment. Ha ha. He looks amazing.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He uses Ridleyroids that Ridley`s clone has been using. Unfortunately, its side effects include bad plot, lame death and fortunately awesome boss battle.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Bowser isn't using anything, he just got tired of everyone jeering at him and decided to fight seriously for the first time.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Bowser: Is standing up straight a steroid?
Ganondorf: No Bowser, standing up straight isn't a steroid. Being faithful to your characterization from your own games isn't a steroid either.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's called WiiFitivitus.
Found in Rare Wuhuzai Trees.
Side Effects include (but not limited to);
  • Standing Upright
  • Better Shading
  • Better Complexion
  • Top-Tier Status
  • Powerful Toushe
  • And the sudden urge to flex your Chest after every 2-8 Minutes.
Take 200 Doses every 8-14 Years.
Available at your local BoarderSmash for only $5584.99, order now.

...Mad props if you get every refrence I just used.

Top Bottom