• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
That said. Puff's are annoying as hell to fight. And getting locked into a Air combo probably means death for Bowser.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Finally got the name change. Happy New Year to the Kings.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Sooooooo, on a scale of 1-10, how patient should you be with bowser? (Im expecting like 9s and 8s)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well, to be completely honest, due to Bowser's weight and the mechanics of the game, you CAN afford to take risks and be reasonably aggressive, while still maintaining a fairly large presence of a threat. But who would really do that?

Bowser's best tools reward patient play a lot more in comparison to aggressive play (Pivot grab, Jab traps, his absurdly improved, albeit different punish game, UpB OoS, Klaw, Run-stop tactics, Walking, etc.) There is no real reason to be, nor any reportedly successful aggro Bowser, as far as I can tell.

edit: none of that really answers your question. On a 1-10 scale I guess anywhere between a 6-8? You don't HAVE to be a complete turtle in this game with him. You can kind of play like an idiot and get away with it with this game's Bowser.

Last edited:

MrEh

Smash Hero
Should we all use cute anime girl avatars? I think we should.

EDIT: We definitely should.

Sooooooo, on a scale of 1-10, how patient should you be with bowser? (Im expecting like 9s and 8s)
As patient as you want. You have the leeway of smashing into people like an idiot when you use Dash Slash though.

But yeah, fast Bowser doesn't and has never worked. Too laggy and doesn't have good ways to pressure. I could be totally wrong, but even the Japanese Bowsers I've seen have played pretty slow and safe for the most part. If someone figures out how to make fast Bowser work, they would be some sort of goddamn wizard. (or they just got good with Dash Slash, whichever)

If your region doesn't allow customs, then you're basically forced to play super patient to get anything done.

Last edited:

Huben Draknir

Smash Rookie
NNID
HubenDraknir
3DS FC
4570-9317-8482
Hello fellow bowser mains!

I'm Remi from Florida I've played smash forever and always mained bowser. Favorite bowser incarnation has to be Super Mario RPG and I dream of the day bowser makes it as playable into another RPG.

No real comments as of yet just thought I'd say hey, add me if you'd like to play.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Hello fellow bowser mains!

I'm Remi from Florida I've played smash forever and always mained bowser. Favorite bowser incarnation has to be Super Mario RPG and I dream of the day bowser makes it as playable into another RPG.

No real comments as of yet just thought I'd say hey, add me if you'd like to play.
So have you ever heard of Bowser's Inside Story? Play that. You will not regret.

Huben Draknir

Smash Rookie
NNID
HubenDraknir
3DS FC
4570-9317-8482
I have heard but isn't that a mario&luigi only?

I'll definitely have to check it out I'm pretty old school and only got a 3ds and wii u for smash I've never played the ds(any kind) or wii u a day in my life outside smashes release lol

When I went to buy the 3ds I called it a gameboy and the GameStop guy said "what's a gameboy?" And I almost slapped him right there, I don't care if your 16 how can you work at the game store and not know a gameboy -_-

Edit: after doing my homework you are correct I did not know bowser was playable again, you just gave me the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ty much.

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master

I'll definitely have to check it out I'm pretty old school and only got a 3ds and wii u for smash I've never played the ds(any kind) or wii u a day in my life outside smashes release lol

When I went to buy the 3ds I called it a gameboy and the GameStop guy said "what's a gameboy?" And I almost slapped him right there, I don't care if your 16 how can you work at the game store and not know a gameboy -_-

Edit: after doing my homework you are correct I did not know bowser was playable again, you just gave me the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ty much.
I hope you enjoy discovering why Bowser likes carrots so much. :)

MagiusNecros

Smash Master

Awesome game. Pretty much the bonafide Bowser game.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I would honestly recommend playing all M&L games. All of them are reasonably good; BIS being the best in my opinion. But, even the worst M&L game is still a great game in my opinion--that's saying something.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I would honestly recommend playing all M&L games. All of them are reasonably good; BIS being the best in my opinion. But, even the worst M&L game is still a great game in my opinion--that's saying something.
But if they want to skip Partners in Time they should feel free to.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
It's not as if PiT is such an abysmal game that it's not worth touching. The soundtrack is great, and tbh it was the last really challenging M&L game lol. The worst M&L game (it's either PiT, or Dream Team honestly) is still a great RPG that's worth a run-through.

It's hard, and in my opinion, impossible to call any of them BAD games. It's just when comparing all four, there's one that clearly stands out (hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge "did someone page the King of Awesome?"). It's very difficult to top BIS. Everything went right with that game...obviously because any game with Bowser as a protagonist would be superb, right?

edit: If we ever make a Koopa Kommunity Kombo Video again (it will be impossible for it to be as poorly received as the previous one) I vote that we use "Paging the 'King of Awesome'..." as the title, or any random BIS quote honestly

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
As long as the vid starts out with "SHOWTIME" or have that said when the best combo's start coming out.

Huben Draknir

Smash Rookie
NNID
HubenDraknir
3DS FC
4570-9317-8482
Lol I'll have to pick them up then, they don't look like they play to much like the seven stars but seeing how they(and paper mario which also don't play the same) are suppose to be the successors to it I'll give atleast BiS a go and if it's good I'll get the rest.

Last edited:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I wasn't a big fan of all those minigames in BiS but playing as Bowser and having Fawful as the main villain made it my fave in the series. I do think Dream Team has the most epic final boss fight though even if it isn't the hardest

Dream Team final boss spoiler

Bowser literally becomes A GOD

Last edited:

MrEh

Smash Hero
The problem with PiT was that it dragged really hard. And since the game was medicore in most gameplay related aspects, that became a huge issue.

SS was a really well balanced game. BiS was amazing.

Huben Draknir

Smash Rookie
NNID
HubenDraknir
3DS FC
4570-9317-8482
I'm a young'n and grew up on Pokemon. I got Blue when it came out in America when I was 5 and haven't stopped playing since.
You and me both, well I wasn't that young and I have stopped... So no nothing the same :-P

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Before Pokemon was for fun but now with the recent games I'm all into the deeper and finer mechanics of breeding and making competitive Pokemon that make any legendary not named Mega RayQuayQuay look like crap. Those EV's and IV's make all the difference.

Same with Smash 4 being the first Smash game I take seriously on a competitive level to make the very best out of my favorite characters. Which are Bowser, Ganondorf, DDD, and Meta Knight.

Mainly because of Bowser being good this gen. That Side B though.

rekt

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-9141-7498
I've played Pokemon through everything and I scoff at those who dropped it during HS!

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
It really bums me I can't grab fools out of the air like I used to in Brawl with Klaw. I've been playing around with the move and I know you can choose to move backward or forward a bit after slamming your opponent and if they don't jump out, tech or DI(any good player will do all 3 though so this won't work in any practicality unless your opponent is an idiot) you can get a Ftilt off and even a Fsmash.

Just want to make the best of this move. I would rather find ways to implement it then use it for the guaranteed kill move when any opponent is at 150%. Until then for this move to get a safe Command grab I have to rely on our Jab trap. We do have our lunge grab and Pivot grab but the properties of Klaw just frustrate me.

Top Bottom