• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Priority?!

Grimga

Smash Cadet
What moves do you think Bowser has that give him great priority? I think his down smash has great priority

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Uh.. His jab is awesome in terms of priority iirc, it cancels out alot of projectiles and clinks with a lot of attacks.

His down smash is.. Lacking. Bad range, good power. I only use it to punish rollers or near the ledge, if at all. I guess it's priority is okay but... I barely use it so I don't know.

His UpB's priority is ****. It cancels out everything (or in my experience it has). It even cancelled out a fully charged neutral B from Marth, lulz.

Bowser isn't made of priority, though, so it's not really something to dwell on.

TL;DR = Jab and UPB..

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Bowser's moves all have great range, damage, and some even are equipped with disjointed hitboxes if I recall right, so technically, his priority itself is fine.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

Grimga

Smash Cadet
Uh.. His jab is awesome in terms of priority iirc, it cancels out alot of projectiles and clinks with a lot of attacks.

His down smash is.. Lacking. Bad range, good power. I only use it to punish rollers or near the ledge, if at all. I guess it's priority is okay but... I barely use it so I don't know.

His UpB's priority is ****. It cancels out everything (or in my experience it has). It even cancelled out a fully charged neutral B from Marth, lulz.

Bowser isn't made of priority, though, so it's not really something to dwell on.

TL;DR = Jab and UPB..
actually when i think of it you're right

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser's jab has freakish amounts of priority, for a jab anyway. It clanks with Pit's Fsmash. :p

All of Bowser's moves generally have good amounts of priority though. I'm not going to mention the Fortress, since we all know that crap rules.

Fsmash has a humongous hitbox though. It outranges Marth's Fsmash. I CAN HAS HITBOX PLEASE?!?!?!?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
=/

None of Bowser's moves have disjointed hitboxes, except maybe FTilt.
Bowsers claws are disjointed so even if it's tiny a lot of his moves have a bit.

upB clanks with near everything in the game making it an amazing projectile block. The only projectile that WON'T clank afaik is Wolf's laser but that thing doesn't seem to get blocked by anything.

LinIsKorean

Smash Journeyman
I'm going with UpB on this one.

And regarding his forward smash, there is like... a huge spot right in front of him where he doesn't hit at all, so if your opponent is close enough nothing hits them.

I'm not sure if that was what Havokk was talking about, but he does also have space in front of his head that counts as a hitbox.

Lotopius

Smash Cadet
Yea, I've been thinking about that.
I am not a very good player (actually not good at all), but to me it seems like a good way of approaching with bowser: short hopped bair, meaning that it will cancel many moves thanks to it's priority (I might be wrong, but it seems that it has more priority than marth's fsmash) and you can always claw your way instead if the opponent shields.

Now wether the 2% damage and priority are worth the landing lag and the "punishability" if you mess up... I can't really tell yet.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Short hop back air...

IS terrible.

Good move for edgeguarding, terrible in a short hop. Bad landing lag, plus the predictability of it, will mean that you're going to get shield grabbed or worse.

No.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Agreed, the landing lag on B Air is horrible from a SH. People used to visually show the effects of L Cancelling in Melee to noobs by L cancelling Bowser's B Air lawl.

Top Bottom