• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser now has a true infinite! The impaler!

swordgard

Smash Hero
Me and Kingkong just discovered Bowser had a true infinite, it has some requirements though, but it is a true infinite on every character but DK.

No air release. No extra inch DI. No DI/SDI. Just pure infinite : )

Update : Does not work on MK and kirby!(more testing to be done)

To do this new infinite, you need a wall. You need to run in and grab the character(effectively pushing him against the wall). You then pummel once(can be done without, but still), the character will instantly and always ground release. You then run and regrab. There is a strict timing, if you mess up either your opponent will have time to hit you or you will not have dashed(and thus not do wall pash push, and thus he can air-release and has to be timed). The timing is the same on every single character, but some seem to land behind for some reason, this is the case for MK and Kirby. They will land behind, but you can turn around grab and do the normal grab release on them. Character testing will be done on sunday, vids too. Easy to do since the timing is the same on every single character.

This is called the impaler since it looks like bowser is consistently impaling the guy on the wall and then retracts to restart.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I assume this has something to do with a grab release. Considering that you only said "no air release" versus "no grab release".

:D

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey, knowledge is power, man.

I'm still glad I main Kirby. Marshmallows unite, man.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
The fact that people actually believed this... <_<

Also lolwalls

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Cuz he took all the possibilities of infinites on him from the game, and concentrated them all into DDD's infinite, so he gets ****ed harder than everyone else by DDD, but can't get infinited by Bowser. ;)

Chuee

Smash Hero
Why this wall infinite doesn't work on DK?
because it's a GR infinite.
Bowser has 10 frames less than other characters when he grabs another character and releases them. DK has 10 frames less when another character releases him.
So the lag for both of them ends on the same frame.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Dedede has a wall infinite on every character in the game. <_<
What? Not true lmao. Fox? MK? Jiggs? Seriously, this is different from normal grab release near a wall, when you push them into walls, it auto ground breaks, which is really good.

mofo_

Smash Ace
delfino, PS1, RC, Frigate, Pictochat, PS2, Halberd, Norfair, Pirate Ship
though not infinitely just for a while.

mofo_

Smash Ace
i also dont think its an efficient way to rack up damage...cuz it says "pummel once(can be done without, but still)" which makes me think that it does very little damage or possibly none at all rendering it kinda of useless

Flayl

Smash Hero
It looks like you unnecessarily hyped this up, but thanks anyway for contributing.

I usually avoid stages with walls, maybe I'll try them if this isn't too hard to pull off.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Mofo, you can pummel more than once. It will also work.
By the way, Halberd? Where? =0

Uffe

Smash Hero
****, Vlad Tepes sure turns into some crazy stuff in the gaming world. :dizzy: If nobody got that little joke, I'll be sad.

bobson

Smash Lord
By the way, Halberd? Where? =0
There're small walls on either side where the platform lands on and takes off from the ship. Not really worth noting, but I guess you could use it as a suicide kill when it takes off.

mofo_

Smash Ace
delfino- Shine Gate, building in front of Shine gate, by the boat, by the umbrellas
PS1- rock form, water form?, fire form
RC-the ship, to the right of pendulum platform, just before you have to go down
Frigate- when the vertical moving platform is at its lowest
Pictochat-obvious
PS2-rock form
Halberd-where the platform comes from
Norfair- inside the escape pod
Pirate Ship- when the ship crashes, king of red lions

in theory, you could do it in Castle Siege when it changes from lava to castle walls, just stay on the transformation platform and hopefully go by the wall
also same concept with the the grass pillars in delfino as the platform disappears into the water

do we have to run and grab each time? cant we just pummel, ground release, regrab?

swordgard

Smash Hero
delfino- Shine Gate, building in front of Shine gate, by the boat, by the umbrellas
PS1- rock form, water form?, fire form
RC-the ship, to the right of pendulum platform, just before you have to go down
Frigate- when the vertical moving platform is at its lowest
Pictochat-obvious
PS2-rock form
Halberd-where the platform comes from
Norfair- inside the escape pod
Pirate Ship- when the ship crashes, king of red lions

in theory, you could do it in Castle Siege when it changes from lava to castle walls, just stay on the transformation platform and hopefully go by the wall
also same concept with the the grass pillars in delfino as the platform disappears into the water

do we have to run and grab each time? cant we just pummel, ground release, regrab?

No, this is the whole point. You can air release if you pummel >.>. They can ALWAYS air release if they want if you pummel, its easy to time. You need to push them in. But it allows you most often not to infinite to death but rather to infinite in order to either bowsercide at the end, or if the stage is going up to infinite until you both die. In the case of RC, on the boat you can infinite until they die and you can still make it back.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Heh swordgard, you could also do it like you said on the wall of the ship in RC, then when you're as low as you can go (before you both die), jab 'em (once or twice, depends on the player... I'd jab once so I can follow up with something else as they try to jump towards the stage), then jump backwards and fair as soon as you do for some nice extra damage, as well as knocking them back farther away. If they don't have sexy recoveries, they're probably gonna die while you recover with your second jump and upB.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
this can be done against every character except Bowser,DK,MK,kirby and Ivysaur.

when bowser grounds breaks and the opponent keep his joystick in the opposite direction, bowser will go behind you since he is so huge.

we cannot on dk since we dont have 10 frames advantage and he is so huge that he does like bowser

when mk ground breaks, he does a litte step in front of him, since he ground break directly in front of you, but during his ground break he will do his little step to go behind bowser same for ivysaur. (they still have to keep their joystick in the opposite direction)

for kirby I just dont know why lol but he goes behind bowser

Im gonna see swordgard wednesday so we will be able to make the video.

I praticed the timing and it is really not that hard honestly...

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
with fire into a wall, the spacie can SDI and you cannot kill him

with the infinte, the spacie wont be able to escape it and u can follow up with a fresh sideb\UpB to kill

Top Bottom