• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser ***** MK so hard it ain't even funny.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Obviously, when at a tourny and fighting MK mainer. Ask them if MK should be banned or not and then they'll rant about it for quite a while, during that time, unplugg their controller, when you start playing the match again charge a f smash and kill him at 0%. Thats why bowser ***** MK so bad.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I am curious about this matchup myself, as Samurai Panda mentioned Bowser in a list of characters that go even with MK.

All I know for certain is that Bowser's f-tilt aparently has more priority than the tornado, and Bowser has some odd chain grab against MK.

EDIT: can a good Bowser take a good MK edge-guarder and bowsercide him DURING the edge guard?

Mmac

Smash Lord
From what I've heard, Bowser should take on MetaKnight in the same matter as Yoshi does, and play a full defence, using his range on his Tilts, Fair, and Specials to his advantage.

WITH

Smash Apprentice
Yea i dunno bout bowser ****** mk, but its not a horrible matchup. ^^^^ down B does **** MK. The usual up+b spam outta shield works well. Mostly its just that MK's awesome recover is nullified by the fact that bowser will hit him so hard he can't recover.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Firebreath stops the Drill and Tornado. Against the spammy MK's, that's all you need. Throw in lots of DownB's and you have an MK that can't do anything against you. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure you can use firebreath as an edgeguard against MK. If they catch on and try to fly higher, just full jump and hit them with a Fair.

I've KO'd MK's at unusually low %'s by just using DownB when they hit me in the air. :D

And LMAO Jigglymaster.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
From what I've heard, Bowser should take on MetaKnight in the same matter as Yoshi does, and play a full defence, using his range on his Tilts, Fair, and Specials to his advantage.
I'm pretty sure yoshi isn't a good choice against meta. Though I'm not 100% sure on it.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure yoshi isn't a good choice against meta. Though I'm not 100% sure on it.
There's been a lot of stir about yoshi *possibly* (I disagree) countering metaknight thanks to a grab release spike.

Bowser, on the other hand, has nothing like this. :( Countering spam with bowser is great; actually fighting a competent opponent is a whole 'nother matter.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
lol, Meta ***** bowser. A good MK can 0-80 bowser. ****, I lol'd so freaking hard.

MrEh

Smash Hero
First of all, I have to say that there's no way in hell that Bowser has an advantage against Meta Knight. If Yoshi only has a neutral matchup (for now :)) against Metaknight, then I'm pretty sure that Bowser is at a disadvantage. Hell, Yoshi has a freaking Chain-Grab-Into-Spike against him!

As a long time Bowser player, I have to agree with you.

Like Yoshi, has to get on the defensive and try to counterattack Metaknight the best he can. Sadly, he doesn't have Eggs to throw at him like Yoshi does. Nor does he have an awesome pivot grab or a beastly Up Smash. I'd have to give Bowser a hand for having a tad bit better Tilts though.

However, Bowser does have some tricks up his sleeve. Let's look at Metaknight's Down Smash. The crappy thing (for most characters) about Metaknight's Down Smash is that it comes out fast, and it hits on both sides of him. However, Bowser has an attack that could potentially outspeed it; The Fortress. It comes out almost instantly, has good knockback, and it's has a sexy hitbox of 360 degrees! The Fortress, like the name implies, is also a freaking wall of priority.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
All I pretty much know is that Bowser can chain grab Meta knight. I never really faced a MK with Bowser.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
meh, Bowser can hold the fort but it's still not really "****" for Bowser. He does better against MK than most I guess but hey, it is MK.

Mk get to caught up on comboes and then I use b down and it kills Mk during sky combos...
lol

The first time I used Bowser vs MK in tourney, it was the last stock and he tried Nadoing me off the top so I jumped and bombed on his face grabbing the ledge. Best KO ever.

I then said "Sat on your face *****" and felt kind of bad cause Clouderz was so surprised and I shouldn't be talking like that to him but he replied similarly with "what the **** happened?" lol

And Bowserciding their edgeguarding is dope. This is probably one of the funniest match ups actually...

New Thread Title
Bowser lulz MK so much it's freakin funny

Albert.

Smash Master
Obviously, when at a tourny and fighting MK mainer. Ask them if MK should be banned or not and then they'll rant about it for quite a while, during that time, unplugg their controller, when you start playing the match again charge a f smash and kill him at 0%. Thats why bowser ***** MK so bad.

LMFAO

and if you got in trouble it'd be worth it

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Skyflyer, never talk again until you learn what happens when a person actually knows how to play Bowser.
Sorry but it's true. MK does **** Bowser. Being such a huge target allows mk to actually combo him. If he tries fire breath, then MK will punish with tornado. 90% of Bowser's moves have terrible lag, While 90% of MK's moves have no starting or ending lag. I know MK is light and bowser is powerful enough to kill him a 70% but you'd have to be a fool to get hit by bowser's kill moves as slow as he is and as fast as MK is. Bowser along with Ike is MK's easiest match-up IMO.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
You wish. Meta Knight beats most things. Every time I have faced Bowser, he has fallen to the awesome power of the sword.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwujAhtaEyQ&fmt=18

lol I WAS getting *****, but I still managed to pull a win. Cheap, but a win is a win, especially against MK. :p

I didn't use firebreath as much as I normally do because this was my first time playing this MK. I didn't know if he was a Drill/Nado spammer so I just played it like if he wasn't. And he wasn't but his style caught me off guard lol.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I am curious about this matchup myself, as Samurai Panda mentioned Bowser in a list of characters that go even with MK.

All I know for certain is that Bowser's f-tilt aparently has more priority than the tornado, and Bowser has some odd chain grab against MK.

EDIT: can a good Bowser take a good MK edge-guarder and bowsercide him DURING the edge guard?
absolutely true, im a bowser mainer, and his Ftilt can be angled like samus's can, and can cancel out the nado, and bowser has an infinite grab release on meta, just hold your shield button and mash grab, and you will grab meta again before he touches the ground, and if he jumps out of your grab he still cant do anything until his feet have touched the ground so u can easily chase him for another grab or a quick Fair for a kill, its actually not a hard match for bowser to win.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Knowing the Physics of Grab Releases, I wouldn't be surprised if he could do this to Squirtle or maybe Ganondorf too. Wolf, Fox, and Sheik are Maybe's
i've tested it quite a bit, and it seems to work on all of the shorter characters, as when bowser grabs them he lifts them pretty high from the ground, i think thats the reason for it anyways, it might work on some of the medium sized ones too like fox or marth im not sure.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I like Grab releasing to Jabs or Tilts to mix it up and keep them guessing.

Side B out of a grab release is fun too.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Sorry but it's true. MK does **** Bowser. Being such a huge target allows mk to actually combo him. If he tries fire breath, then MK will punish with tornado. 90% of Bowser's moves have terrible lag, While 90% of MK's moves have no starting or ending lag. I know MK is light and bowser is powerful enough to kill him a 70% but you'd have to be a fool to get hit by bowser's kill moves as slow as he is and as fast as MK is. Bowser along with Ike is MK's easiest match-up IMO.
Bowser has specific kill moves? Oh, last time I checked, everything he touches you with is potentially lethal.

You've never played a good Bowser. Don't repeat yourself.

Metaknight brickwalls Bowser?
This is simply stating that if you can't counter everything MK throws out at you, you are in fact, screwed. MK can brickwall an inexperienced Bowser like no tomorrow and it depresses me, because it spawns more posts like the one I originally quoted.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i lol at skyflyer, i don't think he's ever done the matchup before, or else he knows that firebreath pwns the tornado, and that bowser can kill meta with any tilt, smash, Bup, Bdown, Bover Bair, Fair, Uair, thats pretty much every move bowser has besides firebreath and Dair and Nair lol.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser has specific kill moves? Oh, last time I checked, everything he touches you with is potentially lethal.
The guy you quoted is hilarious. He clearly doesn't realize that Bowser if FULL of killing moves. Let's see what Bowser can use to kill MK....

-Ftilt
-Dtilt
-Utilt
-Fair
-Uair
-Bair
-Up Smash
-Down Smash
-Forward Smash
-Klaw

THAT'S MOST OF BOWSER'S EFFING MOVES!

90% of Bowser's moves have terrible lag,
Like you said, this guy clearly has never fought a good Bowser before. Nor does he know anything about the character. Let's see some fast attacks that Bowser has...

-Jab
-Fortress
-Ftilt
-Fortress
-Dtilt
-Fortress
-Utilt
-Fortress
-Klaw
-Fortress
-Fair
-Fortress...

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
Gotta love the Fortress... still among Boozer's best moves, even if it did get nerfed from Melee.

Yeah, I use the Fire Breath more than usual against MK, who loves spamming Mach Tornado and Drill Rush. I still need to find a decent MK though; everyone in my area uses Lucario and Snake. (I tend to use the underused...)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
MK wins vs Bowser. If he gets close(hes a little bugger, he will get close) he wins. a single uair is about 50-60% if the MK knows what they are doing. Then for edgeguarding they just jump below the stage and upb as you recover.

Top Bottom