• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser is the best character in the game!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's going to be a tough decision, since i support Pit and Bowser the most.
From Bowser,
Gold Bowser pwns
He's the only character in the Home run thing that has gotten over 2000 in my records, about at 2657.0 F.
His Bowsercide is useful in catching up when you have high damage and the opponent has low damage.
I favor heavy characters, and Bowser is the heaviest.
Gimpy plays Bowser, and I idolize him.
Boozer's Infinite Jump is perhaps one of the best mindgames ever.

From Pit,
He is perhaps the most Versatile character ever, with 2 reflectors, an aimable projectile that is fast, great recovery, and the ability to glide.
He was the one who beaten Boss Battles on Intense mode for me.
Projectile spammers will have a hard time against him.
He counters annoying snakes which my Metaknight cannot beat.
He has so many Adv. Techs that proved useful like Arrow looping.

The list goes on for these 2.
I'll be supporting Bowser and Pit since I enjoy using those 2 the most. I cant pick between them since they both got strengths that the other doesnt have, which would fill in each other's weaknesses.
I favor Bowser more than Dedede though, so you got my support otherwise.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Bowser's in trouble by huge majority basically, and Bowser remains bad in another game and the world keeps turning :D

Buuman

Smash Ace
Never count bowser out lol, if played right you can complete with plenty of nasty characters. From my experience..pit has never really given me trouble, snake on the other hand is a pain in the ***, bowser takes it from the behind when theres explosives everywhere. The night before Mass Madness, we were at omegablackmages' place and me and solid jake had some nasty rounds. At one point I 2 stocked his snake..when playing snake..GET IN HIS FACE..don't let him set up the playing field to his advantage..pressure snake..the only problem I had..was against OBMs' G&W...I cannot find away around GW..the only thing I can do is attempt to punish him on the little lag he has..but it was omegablackmage still xD

KevinM!!! We never got to play haha, I heard the melee tourny went pretty well

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Buuman, if you get in Snakes face, and he doesn't F-tilt the ever living bejesus out of ya, you did something wrong :p

Beo

Smash Apprentice
I think Bowser and Kirby are pretty cool guys, strong, awesome, and doesn't afraid of anything.

acv

Smash Journeyman
no he isnt.snake and wolf are.he would be good if he could do a falcon punch.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Lmao Kevin...yeah that **** happens alot..I try to avoid it 90% of the time. I had ALOT of practice against solid jakes snake the night before, I don't really play an aggressive bowser until they're off the edge. I usually wait for snake to **** up and then get in his face. Fire breath is a life saver against snake believe it or not. But yeah, look out for snakes tilts. They're pretty much broken...they have the knockback of smashes..and come out just as fast as a jab. Try klawing him from the air or out spacing his tilts with your f tilt

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I beat a couple Bowsers at mass madness just spacing Bairs and walking around and F-tilting.

And then went and played Bowser cause he's more fun. We should have played. I could have shown you some trixies :(

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Bowser's in trouble by huge majority basically, and Bowser remains bad in another game and the world keeps turning :D
umm hes not bad, he just isnt too great 1on1, since when is brawl strictly a 1on1 game
saying characters like ganon/dk/bowser suck is because no one plays free for alls where he kos the living crap out of everyone there

bowser isnt terrible like all characters because you can just dodge everything like all characters can... hes pretty good on battlefield, not much they can do if there's little to run to eh?
and his up attacks go through the platforms

Buuman

Smash Ace
Aggression apparently you have no smash experience at all. Smashboards is for competitive play (1v.1 and teams). His up smash goes through platforms yes. Infinite jump is good for platforms yes, and his up tilt also goes through platforms. And since when can bowser not dodge?! xD

You're silly :/

J4pu

Smash Champion
It's going to be a tough decision, since i support Pit and Bowser the most.
From Bowser,
Gold Bowser pwns
He's the only character in the Home run thing that has gotten over 2000 in my records, about at 2657.0 F.
His Bowsercide is useful in catching up when you have high damage and the opponent has low damage.
I favor heavy characters, and Bowser is the heaviest.
Gimpy plays Bowser, and I idolize him.
Boozer's Infinite Jump is perhaps one of the best mindgames ever.

From Pit,
He is perhaps the most Versatile character ever, with 2 reflectors, an aimable projectile that is fast, great recovery, and the ability to glide.
He was the one who beaten Boss Battles on Intense mode for me.
Projectile spammers will have a hard time against him.
He counters annoying snakes which my Metaknight cannot beat.
He has so many Adv. Techs that proved useful like Arrow looping.

The list goes on for these 2.
I'll be supporting Bowser and Pit since I enjoy using those 2 the most. I cant pick between them since they both got strengths that the other doesnt have, which would fill in each other's weaknesses.
I favor Bowser more than Dedede though, so you got my support otherwise.
Bowsercide isn't useful in catching up when you're behind in damage because your opponent will have much more control than you do in where you land (I believe we're talking about competent players)
and since when has arrow looping ever been useful? I can see wingdash being somewhat useful, but arrow looping?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thats y i got Mindgames for. They dont know when Im going to do the Bowsercide. They might think i'll do it one time, and another they dont, so i catch them at the right time and then go for the kill. Some ppl like to pursue me off the edge, so that's another Bowsercide oppurtunity. It has happened before.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
When should bowsercide ever work, when I have just as much control over it as you do? just wondering... It's not really THAT good.

Buuman

Smash Ace
It isn't. I'm sick of people creaming themselves over the friggon bowserside. Use it everynow and then. Personally I like jumping out to edgeguard them when I'm a stock ahead and klaw them so they don't have much room or time to DI back to the stage.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Bowser is FAR from the best characters in the game. He is prolly one of the worst, but he isn't god awful like ganon. He HAS good moves, but he is SO punishable, and his speed is terrible and his recovery could be better... he cant really combo, he gets in a couple moves and the knockbask sends them away. Thankfully he kills early consistantly with his high knockback and gimpimg. Bowser isn't GOOD, it takes a GOOD player to make him win because he really only has a few good match-ups. Sorry, hes not the best, hes doomed to be branded as "bad because he big" although d3 has done alot to change that and D.K. even is moving up the tier ranks because of his good matchup against snake and mk(dont ask me how).

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
who cares if everyone thinks bowsers the worst as long as we know how good he is thats all that matters and if anything i think that bowsers lack of popularuty favours bowser players as the opponents wont know how to deal with them and btw i always use bowsercide when they r on one stock its great

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bowser is no where near the worst player in the game. I think he's on the high side of mid-tier at worst. He actually does REALLY well against metaknight/snake, who are easily the top 2 in the game.

Bowser is solidly in the middle of the pack.

Top Bottom