• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Frame Data (In-depth and Accurate)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Updated first post with a link to an online metronome so you can practice your leet pummeling skills.

I think I'm done with this topic, I'll ask bowser king to merge the posts with his guide/ frame data thread.

Sliq

Smash Master
Is Bowser's hitlag the same as his opponents shield hit lag?

Also, isn't the frame advantage on f-tilt -15?

(BLOCKHITLAG + BLOCKSTUN) - HITLAG - (DURATION - HIT) = FRAME ADVANTAGE

(9 + 12) - 9 - (37-10) = FA

21 - 9 - 27 = FA

-15 = FA

Am I missing something? I am assuming Bowser's hitlag is the same as his opponents shield hit lag, but I could be mistaken.

Flayl

Smash Hero
They're the same so listing them both is redundant. Seeing the end frame advantage is easy enough - Bowser FTilts and holds shield, opponent hold shield and lets go when hit. I'll check it out myself.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I can confirm that there are 9 frames where Bowser and the shielding opponent are frozen. After that I can get the shield to disappear from the defending character in an additional 4 or so frames (I'm not working with the frame-by-frame code so it's hard).

3GOD's post says the blockstun is 12.

So what happens is that the shield stun in the OP already includes the blockhitlag. Shield stun = (BLOCKHITLAG + BLOCKSTUN)

So 12 - 9 - (37 - 10) = -24 FA.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The necro bump of the DI thread in tactical made me remember something I wanted to check long before I had access to frame advance on NTSC Brawl: Which is better for horizontal momentum cancelling, FAir+Double Jump or Airdodge+Double Jump

Airdodge is better by one frame. If you have the habit of doing either one, you're good.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You can fastfall during F-air. I'm pretty sure it's fair. The only time airdodge is better is someone with a crappy fastfall (like Lucario!)

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
You can fastfall during F-air. I'm pretty sure it's fair. The only time airdodge is better is someone with a crappy fastfall (like Lucario!)
lol, I remember you told me that exact same thing about Lucario at a tourney, PSI.

And yeah, nothing really beats FF Fair for Bowser.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The only reason you should ever fastfall Fair for horizontal recovery is if you're getting knocked into the corner of the blastzone, otherwise it's incredibly stupid.

Not to mention that it doesn't influence hortizontal momentum. I tested it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Which kind of horizontal attack are we talking about here? Things with a 361 degree (which send to the corner) or things like a Fox D-smash (in which FF anything is ********).

Flayl

Smash Hero
Bowser needs space to maneuver around opponent's edgeguarding. FAir lasts a considerable amount of time. Fastfalling the duration of Fair cuts down on time you can use to stall your recovery.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
what is that a response to? >.>
If you're hit by a purely horizontal move, it makes total sense to just try to get that recovery in, lol.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I don't know where to put this, but Jab1 -> Dash grab is a true combo on Jigglypuff. The problem is you can't buffer the dash grab, so practice timing it.

I found this because ever since that Jab -> FSmash thing I was wondering if different fall speeds affected how long characters stayed in the air when they got popped up by Jab. Turns out it does.

I fully agree with Bowser being +2 against Jiggs now lol

edit: This also means grabbing Fox and the likes out of a Jab is a waste of time if your opponent knows the matchup (I feel slightly better about myself now about a certain matchup). OverB still works if your opponent is close enough.

edit2: Character height also plays a part, Samus is "safe"

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Flayl how many frames do we have to do this on jiggz. Is it easy or really hard timing ??

If its easy enough, jab kills jiggz now at 70... terribly stupid >.>

MrEh

Smash Hero
I have a feeling that it's only a couple. Shouldn't be too hard though, as long as the knockback on Bowser's jab is consistent.

2 frame links aren't too bad.

Flayl

Smash Hero
It depends on how close Jigglypuff is to Bowser:

- Close: 2 frames
- Mid: 3 frames (yes it's weird)
- Far: Frame-perfect

B!squick

Smash Master
Someone made a topic a while back that listed the frame advantage of every Jab for every hit box of every character. I remember Bowser has a 9 frame advantage on the closest one to Bowser and Jiggs being Jiggs that probably isn't too hard to get.

Flayl

Smash Hero
If you had paid attention you'd know that's not true for everybody. It depends on the weight and height of the character.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yeah that was a bit much. I don't think anyone has the capacity to look at posts from a galaxy far away...lol

anyway we just **** on jigglypuff more. :D

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yeah but no one cares about you

and my bad flayl lol. technically it's not within my scrolling range :p

-_-

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's not something new but it occured to me that Bowser's jab canceling and pummeling have the same timing. Cool how the only two things that can't be buffered have the same timing.

B!squick

Smash Master
I thought you were talking about the thread I was referring to. I somehow didn't remember that you mentioned it just last page. I would like to point out then that the thread mentions fall speed being a factor, too... But not height.

D

Deleted member 189823

Sorry for the necropost.
I'd like more accurate information reguarding the tilts' startup.

For example, the U-Tilt says it has 8-13 frames startup, and it's really hard to tell.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's really handy. I like to get surprise KOs on dairing GWs with it. :)

:phone:

D

Deleted member 189823

So I noticed after that, that...

Snake: 6 frames
DDD: 7 frames
Bowser: 8 frames

Bowser's is the fourth strongest U-Tilt in the gaem, but Snake and DDD outclass his'. :E

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I've lost count of how many times I've KO'd Peaches with U-tilt.

If Bowser's U-tilt was any more awesome, it would be Snake's.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Who have you played that plays Peach, Uncle? o-o
CJ (From Charlotte, not UNCC)
****** (from FL, yes, it gets censored on here, lol. He entered the last big ECU tourney.)
HeroChima (from GA)
Willie (a Peach who used to play with us back at UNCC, entered a few tourneys a few years ago)
Stingers' Peach (back when he goofed around with her)

Lots of opportunites to u-tilt. ;)

Note: MUST STOP ACCIDENTIALLY HITTING EDIT ON OTHER PEOPLES' POSTS :ohwell:

Top Bottom