• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bottom Tier Beatdown

Chaco

Never Logs In
So I know most of you guys are tired of hearing Yoshi is bottom tier, whatever, we all know the story. So how many of you go to tournaments, placing or not just post here.

I personally have only participated in local tournaments, but I won those with ICs.

But anyways, we need to do something about this, so who here can go to tournaments?

I can only go into a certain radius due to my age, but there are none in that radius. T_T

Mmac

Smash Lord
Too bad I'm stuck on an Island T_T

Maybe if I had a Blue Shell... maybe I could fly to the mainland >_>

D

Deleted member

I go to tournies, but i cant drive, so i cant go to as many as id like. Tourny this weekend and next weekend tho so i hopefully will place decently.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I plan on at least entering weeklies at my college, and if I do decently well there, I might go to larger tourneys in that area. That won't start until September though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I wanted to go to Kumite, but I have to prep for Florida, which I wanted to enter FAST 1, but I'm going to be to far away. Around 500 miles.

Scala

Smash Ace
I go to tourneys here every other week. Only played yoshi in 1 match of 1 tournament but I decided to play yoshi 100% in the next one I go to.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Thank you, I think we need Yoshi reps at every tourney, we could arrange rides and everything.

You see if Pride goes to a tourney he could take Levi since they live close. double Rep.

bigman40

Smash Master
I can go only if tournaments are made in Georgia (which most likely won't happen cause everyone went to melee, or dropped smash) <___< maybe Flordia, but that's pushing it with the price on gas right now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, I wanted to go to Kumite Badly, it starts tomorrow, it's only an hour and a half away.

EggZavier

Smash Rookie
Ive recently been to a few tournements.i live in florida. so I hope This helps. sigh ive been yoshi for 6 and a 1/2 now and im tired of hearing the rants about him

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I got to tournaments once a week sometimes twice. I usually place top 17 with 60 plus people in attendance. I took 7th two weeks ago in nyc. I only use Yoshi. Going to fast next florida, gonna only use Yoshi there too..

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Yeah not many tournaments out here :ohwell:. We have a tournament once a month and thats about it.

Our first major tournament is coming up in a couple weeks. There will be a few renowned smashers coming out :3 so maybe there will be a little coverage. Hopefully we'll be able to host more in the future, but we're never going to have as good of a turn out that you can get on the mainland.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
We need to make a topic to track tournament results, as the main arguments against Yoshi's placement is his tournament results and it's a good one. We can link to the tournament results thread when the argument then comes up.

Also, I live in England and will therefore not be repping Yoshi, or any other character for that matter :/

Chaco

Never Logs In
I got to tournaments once a week sometimes twice. I usually place top 17 with 60 plus people in attendance. I took 7th two weeks ago in nyc. I only use Yoshi. Going to fast next florida, gonna only use Yoshi there too..
You've played Les in person correct. I think you two could make a good doubles team and hopefully place high in singles. I was wondering since Les has no transportation, could you take him to some NJ tournaments? lol

But I wanted to go to FAST but I'll only be in the pan handle area, and I can't drive, which sucks, I' only 15. <.<

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Going to a tourney later this month. I'll be primarily playing Melee but if I decide to Brawl, hopefully the dino gets some credit.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, since I live in Mississippi and am working full time, there's pretty much no chance of a tournament for me...

I've actually heard of a tournament near Biloxi in the late summer, but I don't know if I can/want to pay for gas to go. Maybe I can look into playing in/organizing some tourneys up at Mississippi State in the fall. How many do you need for a legitimate tourney? 16?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
yeah I played with Les. We havent been in contact since the Rutgers weeklies stopped. I didn't know he wanted rides. AIM me! I would love to team with another Yoshi lol.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sweet Pride. He said he was all for going, he doesn't want to be aburden so I kinda pushed it on you. Sorrry for tat but I'll relay the message. Thanks Pride.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Sweet Pride. He said he was all for going, he doesn't want to be aburden so I kinda pushed it on you. Sorrry for tat but I'll relay the message. Thanks Pride.
LOL Chaco <_<

Pride, that would be awesome if we took NJ by storm as a double Yoshi team, lol. Expect to hear from me on AIM

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
So here's a list of all the Yoshis that we know of that are currently planning to or
have already used him in tournaments...

Tentative Yoshi Reppers
Burntsocks
Bigman (Scatz)
Chaco
DarkLeviathan
DKKountry
DstyCube
EggZavier
Kiwikomix
Les
Pr!de
Scala
Shiri

People Who Should Bother Spending $1000 and Free Time to Rep Yoshi
Biohazard
Blistering Speed
Mmac

Chaco

Never Logs In
KOKingpin is repping at Kumite today.

And Kiwi Les is Dark Leviathan.

bigman40

Smash Master
heh, unless they can count Georgia Southern's tournies (I think they only play 2 per semester), then my rep is a huge if for offline.

bigman40

Smash Master
I was thinking about online. Why just they don't make an online tier so all the ppl who say about they can't do anything to get to tournies in the offline tier? I know online doesn't show alot of skill, but it takes some to play well in it, and it takes enough to beat someone in lag. Just a thought.

*Puts up flame shield*

auroreon

Smash Ace
If I ever did start going to tournaments I would deffinatly be using Yoshi, infact, as suprising as this may be... I have NEVER used another character in matches since I bought Brawl. The only time I have ever used a character who isn't Yoshi is to do all the single player stuff like SSE and events.

I would deffinatly go to tournaments if I could but unfortuantly I live in the UK where Brawl tournaments are very rare. If there are ever any tourneys in the UK I will deffinatly go.

Chaco

Never Logs In
LoL. First Chaco doesn't realize Bigman and Scatz are the same and now I'm just as bad. @_@
I knew all along they were the same person. Don't drag me in. I sometimes call him Scat.

Chaco

Never Logs In
o I seriously call him Scat...ask Les. Or Leviathan. LOL

Chaco

Never Logs In
LOL. So you wanna come to a chat with a bunch of crazies?

Cuz we are bored...Les and DL are there.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
So here's a list of all the Yoshis that we know of that are currently planning to or
have already used him in tournaments...

Tentative Yoshi Reppers
Burntsocks
Bigman (Scatz)
Chaco
DarkLeviathan
DKKountry
DstyCube
EggZavier
Kiwikomix
Les
Pr!de