• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BOTM II [1] - Wave? vs. UltiMario!

Who should be the first competitor?

• Supermarth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Reaper

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • ChiboSempai

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Terywj

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Zook

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Haha yeah after he won the speed tie and killed my Rotom everything started going my way. If he stayed in on my Lucario he might have won, because I was only bluffing a Crunch.

This was my team if anyone is interested:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly / Pressure
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
~Stealth Rock
~Taunt
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake

Roserade @ Leftovers
Calm / Natural Cure
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
~Energy Ball
~HP Fire
~Spikes
~Synthesis

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold / Pressure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed
~Roar
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~HP Electric

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Levitate
252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 SpD
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball
~HP Ice
~Trick

Heracross @ Flame Orb (This guy tears stall teams a new hole)
Jolly / Guts
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 SpD
~Swords Dance
~Close Combat
~Megahorn
~Facade

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant / Inner Focus
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 SpD
~Swords Dance
~Close Combat
~Extremespeed
~Bullet Punch (100% for Gengar)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I guess I should post my team up as well... but how the **** did I lose when everything was going so smoothly in the beginning? ****ing bluff bro :mad:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 192 Spd / 64 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Overheat

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- U-turn

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Tyranitar (M) @ Babiri Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
No joke, you lost because you were dumb enough to let this happen

roacherman switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Pointed stones dug into Starmie.
Starmie lost 12% of its health.
Starmie was hurt by Spikes!
Suicune used Roar.
roacherman switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Scizor was hurt by Spikes!
Suicune's leftovers restored its health a little!
Suicune restored 6% of its health.
---
roacherman: asdfasdfasdf
roacherman: moar misclicks
TheWrathOfKoarin: No johns
roacherman: oh wait it was roar
roacherman: nevermind XD
roacherman switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Pointed stones dug into Starmie.
Starmie was hurt by Spikes!
Suicune used Roar.
roacherman switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor was hurt by Spikes!
Suicune's leftovers restored its health a little!
Suicune restored 6% of its health.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
We weren't really watching you. Just imagine. We weren't even at your place. You were intimidated by people online? Dude, I wasn't intimidated when I played Zook for BOTW 1 and I don't even play OU. You have no right to let your nervousness get the better of you. :p

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
That was a pretty horrible move. No johns

That BP Lucario was pretty good cover for Gengar, TRG, considering the fact that Gengar ***** your entire time without it lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
We weren't really watching you. Just imagine. We weren't even at your place. You were intimidated by people online? Dude, I wasn't intimidated when I played Zook for BOTW 1 and I don't even play OU. You have no right to let your nervousness get the better of you. :p
Well, I don't have the confidence that you seem to have Tery

If it were in some spare time I'm sure I would've done better.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'd say we were equal on luck. I got the lucky Roars on him while he won the speed tie, which was crucial because my Luke could sweep the whole team after 1 turn of setup.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Some things I noted:

You guys have real guts playing for a speed tie on the Rotoms. And Celebi, every Rotom forme has the same base stats.

TRG's Luc could've easily OHKO'd Infernape with +2 ExtremeSpeed. I dunno whether Celebi legitimately bluffed a Mach Punch or if he just thought he'd be able to outspeed and KO with Overheat (and who throws out an Overheat with physically-based MixApe when looking for a switch-in?). Regardless, that very strongly stopped the sweep that TRG was all set up for by that point.

Switching out against pHazing Suicune even after the first Roar was pretty funny.

Rotom-C coming in to Trick a Scarf onto a pHazing Suicune also confused me, seeing as how a STAB Thunderbolt could very likely have outright killed it, and only allowed Roserade as a safe switch-in (Lucario had already revealed itself to be an SD set, so it's easily outsped by the Rotom, and it won't enjoy eating a STAB Thunderbolt either), probably opening up Infernape to punch some more holes.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You guys have real guts playing for a speed tie on the Rotoms. And Celebi, every Rotom forme has the same base stats.
I was very desperate to get Rotom out of the way. Rotom and Gengar are the #1 pain in the ***es for my team. Gengar stops my Heracross flat out and Rotom stops both my Heracross and Lucario. I was just lucky enough to get it within killing range with my Heracross later in the match thanks to Sandstorm + entry hazards.

TRG's Luc could've easily OHKO'd Infernape with +2 ExtremeSpeed. I dunno whether Celebi legitimately bluffed a Mach Punch or if he just thought he'd be able to outspeed and KO with Overheat (and who throws out an Overheat with physically-based MixApe when looking for a switch-in?). Regardless, that very strongly stopped the sweep that TRG was all set up for by that point.
Yes I did indeed think he had a Mach Punch coming. Even if it didn't, I knew I had a golden opportunity to start phazing with my Suicune and spread some damage around.

Plus I knew he still had his Rotom out there, so I knew my sweep wouldnt last long. Like I said earlier I feel like if I won that speed tie, I would have won by a greater margin than I did.

Switching out against pHazing Suicune even after the first Roar was pretty funny.
That was just inexperience I guess.

But it made Suicune look that much shmexier. :p

Rotom-C coming in to Trick a Scarf onto a pHazing Suicune also confused me, seeing as how a STAB Thunderbolt could very likely have outright killed it, and only allowed Roserade as a safe switch-in (Lucario had already revealed itself to be an SD set, so it's easily outsped by the Rotom, and it won't enjoy eating a STAB Thunderbolt either), probably opening up Infernape to punch some more holes.
That move cost him the game. I also have no idea why he did that.

Maybe he thought I would switch? Who knows but it was quite an odd move for sure...

Riddle

Smash Lord
Next BotW is Ubers.

I'll do the summary when I get back from Europe on friday. Might as well start noms now since the summary wont come for a while.

Gates and Circa (Writer) are my noms.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Notice how all the nominations are from CEOLCC.

I nominate Charmander, Wrath of Kaorin, and supermarth64

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure you were overpredicting and using that ****ty Primeape team the last 3 times we played.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Riddle was using Primape on an Ubers team? I definitely want to see him battle now.

@Rockem Yeah we saw Riddle battle in an Ubers match already but he wasn't playing against the best opponent ever...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Primeape has merit in Ubers. Immunity to sleep, and a good movepool. Give it a Choice Scarf and Primeape can be pretty potent.
With that monstrous base 105 attack and STAB that only hits Darkrai and Dialga Super Effective(and blissey i guess) you're not actually much of a threat. Keep in mind that Mewtwo, all the Deoxys forms, Lugia, Lati@s, Giratina, Rayquaza and Ho-Oh all resist your only legitimately strong move and pokemon like Groudon dont really give a **** about it with his amazing 140 def.

Essentially you're just Flygon with a less useful stab, a fast pokemon to spam U-turn lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Primeape has merit in Ubers. Immunity to sleep, and a good movepool. Give it a Choice Scarf and Primeape can be pretty potent.
The thing about Primeape is, it's good if your team is weak to Darkrai, but bad if your team is weak to anything else.

Exactly, and like i said, you could just use Flygon, what with the higher base speed and better STAB.
Flygon? in Ubers?

The thing is though, why do that when I could run pretty much any other dragon instead? Aside from U-Turn.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just reading through the OP made me realize we've covered almost everyone that's involved in the Battle Tower, but there are a select few we still haven't seen yet (or that I would personally like to see):

Ankoku
Mood4food
CRASHiC
Wave+

Top Bottom