• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

boss vs ally

Geou

Smash Apprentice
It's so fun seeing both Mario and Snake in this video being used so well, probably each their respective best players. Lots of creative stuff going on that never lets up on the intensity.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
That was probably my favorite match I've ever watched.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Luigi's better vs Snake imo. Those earlier kills really help. He combos him better too imo, and does as well (if not better) edgeguarding since cape and Fludd have minimal effectiveness against his upB.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'd give it a 50-50 or 45-55 in either one's favor. Either way, it's a pretty fearsome matchup if you look at it. Snake has the dominate the stage control while kneeing luigi in the nuts and the spacing of his homo utilts. And luigi has to get creative getting inside snake's range and has to be careful not to get blowed up from snake's bomb factory. After getting past his bomb factory, luigi would have to get knee'd in the nuts from those gay tilts and such and go for the ****.

BTW! dthrow pivot grabs, pivot grabs tremedously help in this matchup. Juggle traps are just so good when it comes to this matchup for luigi.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Luigi's better vs Snake imo. Those earlier kills really help. He combos him better too imo, and does as well (if not better) edgeguarding since cape and Fludd have minimal effectiveness against his upB.
Pretty much, although I will say Mario handles Snake's stage control a lot better than Luigi.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Agreed ^^. Marios fireballs is alot easier to control with.

for the lulz i think most snakes (i prob fight nubby snakes but w/e), would take out a nade, usually as soon as the match yells out "GO" I'd make a run for it, as soon as he finally gets that nade out, i just grab him dthrow and go for the combo **** lol.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Those were some good matches.

i find it odd that boss doesn't really use utilt with luigi. While most luigi players I've played abuse it. That and he has a weird fascination with dair for both mario and luigi. lol. Good mario and luigi none the less.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Agreed ^^. Marios fireballs is alot easier to control with.
Grounded fireballs are great for preventing mortar slides and the FLUDD pretty much takes out grenades and landmines.

Those were some good matches.

i find it odd that boss doesn't really use utilt with luigi. While most luigi players I've played abuse it. That and he has a weird fascination with dair for both mario and luigi. lol. Good mario and luigi none the less.
It's even stranger that he didn't use Mario's Utilt, I guess he felt he couldn't land it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That first match reminded me too much when I faced Ally in an online tournament back in September. It was the same stage and everything and it was the first tournament where I was knocked out in the first round. :urg: If this video taught me anything, I need to start doing dair and the cape more, that's for sure.

Top Bottom