• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss interview: 11/14/09

boss8

Smash Hero
SO.....i got interviewed at a turney or a date before this and they asked me a few questions....so i answered as solid as possiable....

Boss??? what do you think of brawl??

-Brawl can be really fun....and it can also be really boring depending on who i am playing against...for example....to play someone like...ally...or azen is really fun.Hint hint they dont really camp and we put on a show..Others like candy chu etc arent really fun to fight due to there campyness....in all honesty thats pretty much the only thing i hate about brawl...

SIMPLE put brawl is OK but id prefer melee....

Why do you play mario??? people always critisize you cause you use him in turney what do you think of that???

I play mario cause,he is fun.There arent that many cause people will look at a chracter like this and say....wow he sucks.cause no one takes the time out to unlock the characters TRUE potential where as they would rather pick MK or snake and push B all day.lol

i dont mind if people critisize me for playing mario..it just makes it even more worth it when i do **** with the plumber..mario is MADDD underrated.But we really cant do anything about it but continue to push the limits and see how far this chracters gimicks gets us...because in all honesty...if you do put your mind to it....mario really has no limits....NO CHARACTERS DOES!!

What do you see in the future of brawl??

More hacks...lol i also see nothing but..snakes metaknights...ice climbers and diddykongs....to be honest i cant make anyone main mario....i just push the limits and make brawl more amazing then it really is....Watch me vs ally....i know its a friendly but watch how creative brawl can REALLY be instead of a regular snake MK match or diddykong MK etc....

Are there any other mario mains??

There arent really that many....right now where looking at maybe 20 or 30 some of the top ones would be...

matador
Box7
vatobreak
famous
TC1
kirinblaze
Fear..............when these guys where at there peak and really active....they where amazing..there not really that active anymore which pains me alot....i need to see alot more turney showings in some of the names i mentioned or higher placings....i know its hard but we can pull through this little MK/snake storm....lol if any of you need help just ask...im always around most of the time....

Are you known as a sellout cause you play more luigi then mario???

Back in the day i went more luigi then mario...cause i didnt really have confidence in the character.....until i found out some new stuff he can REALLY do...and i started getting top 3 with him....Luigi just has some better matchups....for instance i will probly use mario for more ground orientated characters....and luigi for more characters who like to jump and stay in the air....I pretty much...use them 50/50 and i will continue to keep it that way....

Pound 4 is coming up how do you think you will do???

top 20 is fine for me....regardless even if i did get top 10 most people still probly wouldnt recognize mario's tru potential...maybe if i got 1st (which is pretty **** hard xD) but ummmm yea top 20 is fine for me...but im gonna be aiming higher...no doubt...

any shoutouts you wanna say???

yea shoutout to the mario boards....MD/VA....and everyone who helped me unlock his potential...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I was thinking of starting an interview thread, but then I decided I didn't want to. :p

Nice interview...

For some reason I'm still underrated...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
A few against Hilt, but you probably don't know him. (He's a pretty good Olimar)

I'll most likely being Mario dittoing BoX7 tommorrow, though. He mentioned recording it!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Boss, I'd like you to explain what you mean Mario against grounded characters and Luigi against aerial characters.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
SO.....i got interviewed at a turney or a date before this and they asked me a few questions....so i answered as solid as possiable....

Boss??? what do you think of brawl??

-Brawl can be really fun....and it can also be really boring depending on who i am playing against...for example....to play someone like...ally...or azen is really fun.Hint hint they dont really camp and we put on a show..Others like candy chu etc arent really fun to fight due to there campyness....in all honesty thats pretty much the only thing i hate about brawl...

SIMPLE put brawl is OK but id prefer melee....

Why do you play mario??? people always critisize you cause you use him in turney what do you think of that???

I play mario cause,he is fun.There arent that many cause people will look at a chracter like this and say....wow he sucks.cause no one takes the time out to unlock the characters TRUE potential where as they would rather pick MK or snake and push B all day.lol

i dont mind if people critisize me for playing mario..it just makes it even more worth it when i do **** with the plumber..mario is MADDD underrated.But we really cant do anything about it but continue to push the limits and see how far this chracters gimicks gets us...because in all honesty...if you do put your mind to it....mario really has no limits....NO CHARACTERS DOES!!

What do you see in the future of brawl??

More hacks...lol i also see nothing but..snakes metaknights...ice climbers and diddykongs....to be honest i cant make anyone main mario....i just push the limits and make brawl more amazing then it really is....Watch me vs ally....i know its a friendly but watch how creative brawl can REALLY be instead of a regular snake MK match or diddykong MK etc....

Are there any other mario mains??

There arent really that many....right now where looking at maybe 20 or 30 some of the top ones would be...

matador
Box7
vatobreak
famous
TC1
kirinblaze
Fear..............when these guys where at there peak and really active....they where amazing..there not really that active anymore which pains me alot....i need to see alot more turney showings in some of the names i mentioned or higher placings....i know its hard but we can pull through this little MK/snake storm....lol if any of you need help just ask...im always around most of the time....

Are you known as a sellout cause you play more luigi then mario???

Back in the day i went more luigi then mario...cause i didnt really have confidence in the character.....until i found out some new stuff he can REALLY do...and i started getting top 3 with him....Luigi just has some better matchups....for instance i will probly use mario for more ground orientated characters....and luigi for more characters who like to jump and stay in the air....I pretty much...use them 50/50 and i will continue to keep it that way....

Pound 4 is coming up how do you think you will do???

top 20 is fine for me....regardless even if i did get top 10 most people still probly wouldnt recognize mario's tru potential...maybe if i got 1st (which is pretty **** hard xD) but ummmm yea top 20 is fine for me...but im gonna be aiming higher...no doubt...

any shoutouts you wanna say???

yea shoutout to the mario boards....MD/VA....SOVA!!!!!! and everyone who helped me unlock his potential...
fix'd scrub ;D

Matt07

Smash Master
Cool interview! Learned a lot about you and Mario, why you use him, etc. Good stuff.

Your a good inspiration with Mario, the **** you can do with him, and the potential you show us with Mario, just shows (to me), that I have a lot yet to learn with the plumber, and that he can compete in tournaments.

vato_break

Smash Master
Boss your amazing, your mario is soo good, without you idk if most of the marios here would still be playing..you are the best and you prove it every tourney.good ****

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
matador
Box7
vatobreak
famous
TC1
kirinblaze

O WORD? I GOT YOU! I JUST NEED TO AMP UP THE PLACINGS THEN TO GET ON DAT LIST (seriously)

even will/kirin seen me use more mario lately ;D

love the interview everything i knew u'd write lol

i thought i had enough videos to prove myself T.T

boss was the first vid i watched of mariooo <33

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Oh, good ****, you mentioned me, lmao. I'm tryna keep up Boss, gettin alot of practice in as of late and I'm improving.

Boss your amazing, your mario is soo good, without you idk if most of the marios here would still be playing..you are the best and you prove it every tourney.good ****
Definitely.

You see Boss' Mario wrecking named dudes using top tiers on youtube and know you have absolutely no excuse...no johns for losing to anyone while playing the plumber.

...inb4meatriding for you pause-reaching mofos -_-

Man...I REALLY need to post a vid. You guys gotta see my Mario. Anybody watching my old weak Mario is considered a criminal and should be shot on sight for watching such antiquated vids...

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Amen to all the comments. I gotta learn how to play aggressive without putting myself in a state to be easily punished. Anyone wanna tell me ways? Also, I heard of something called juggle trap. Sounds good, but I don't know what it is or how to execute it.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Cool interview. We also have a really good mario main over here =O
He placed 5th from 128 people! And knocked Mr.R into losers!

Mario can be mid tier imo. Hope to see you in top 20 at pound4. Do your best!

Inferno3044

Smash Master
We also have a really good mario main over here =O
He placed 5th from 128 people! And knocked Mr.R into losers!/QUOTE]

Who is this guy? Sounds good if he placed 5th out of 128 (assuming that there were good players at the tourney). He should come to Pound 4. I wish I can go to Pound 4 but unless anybody can take me Saturday night (around 6:30 or later) I can't go. I have something on Saturday during the day and I can't go on Saturday. If anybody knows a way I can go, please tell me.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I can beat boss in Pokemon Puzzle League, Mario Kart, Mario Party and Tetris

dayum get *****
Mario Party is luck based sometimes. Pokemon Puzzle League is so much fun. Definitely the best pokemon game that isn't for a handheld system.

Speaking of this, did any of you guys ever have Hey You Pikachu?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
lol hey you pikachu.....what a joke game

pokemon SNAP IS DA ****. who knew taking pics of pokemon can be so fun

Matt07

Smash Master
Kay guys if we ever meet we're playing Mario Part 1...

The best one of them all. I lasted 8 minutes in Shy Guy Says...it was awesome. It had the best mini-games ever...

And 2,000 post...yeahyuzz.

Top Bottom