• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss, False, JMiller, or CC?

Reezus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3969-5407-4413
Personally I like Boss the most he inspired me to switch from Mario to Weegee and I been on a tear ever since. J miller is nice too tho cause he obv the Diddy Killer.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
Boss all day long. Not only is he the king of reads and creative Luigi combos (who else actually combos things out of d-tilt consistently?) but I love his on stream personality. Every time he gets a grounded up b, you know hes gonna stand up for like 10 seconds hahaha

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Boss. The original, the one who got all the new Luigi players in and the one who showed Luigi wasn't low tier. Master of mashing buttons and offstage gimps.

I'm also going to say J.Miller. He made a bigger placing than Boss so far by winning a national, something that hasn't been accomplished by any other Luigi user yet.

J.Miller

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J.Miller91
Guys does this really matter? :)

Though I will say one thing, there are quite a few Luigi players that were around from day 1 *At least brawl times I'm on about* I was one of them and there are others who never got stream exposure in the same ways Boss was able to.

I still would not be known if it were not for the fact B.E.A.S.T got VGBC coverage, being in the spotlight frequently does help anyone really admire your playstyle and get to know you as a player.

I think the game is young and not everybody who is a dangerous threat has gotten a chance to showcase themselves, been using Luigi since 08, took me years to get a chance to show I know what I am talking about but doesn't make me anymore or any less competent than someone else who has yet to be able to get their chance.

Shoutouts to Desti, he was another Luigi most didn't know about and he was pretty damn good.
There are differing playstyles and having a favourite Luigi is fair enough, though to claim someone is the only/original Luigi simply because you aren't aware of other Luigi player imo is just kinda close minded.

In terms of Luigi placements I have done well, that doesn't mean to say I am outright best Luigi at all. (I'll attempt to prove it any chance I get through placements and nothing more.)
I wanna prove just how good I can be with Luigi and Luigi alone...at least until I feel I have understood everything about what this character has to offer.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Also, bonus points to J miller for being fairly active on the Luigi 4 boards. Boss was active on the Brawl boards, but not so much anymore.

J.Miller

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J.Miller91
No bonus points required, I just wanna help people if they want it.
Everyone has their own way of helping, Boss shows up and does his thing in his region, False/Keitaro are gonna help out the community as a whole, ConCon streams and there are Luigi who go unsung for the fact they may or may not place high enough to be truly acknowledged.

Personal shoutouts to Thunderst0rm: Bring d-Throw cyclone to our attention and getting me to my Apex pools *New venue change and stuff almost meant I may not have ever played* Thanks to him and D-Disciple didn't get flown out for no reason :)

Reezus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3969-5407-4413
Wow, I'm new to the boards this is pretty cool. It's like we are one big Luigi Family or sorority . I can use this to just pick the brains of other great players to learn more. Thanks for the input Jmiller and everyone else.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Boss. The original, Master of mashing buttons and offstage gimps.
Yes, let's all take a moment to recognize Boss' machine-gun ass fingers. How the hell does he do that?
Boss all day long. Not only is he the king of reads and creative Luigi combos (who else actually combos things out of d-tilt consistently?) but I love his on stream personality. Every time he gets a grounded up b, you know hes gonna stand up for like 10 seconds hahaha
Down tilt is fairly easy to get combos off of. It's pretty much a guarenteed grab if it hits.
But I'm going to say Boss without a shadow of a doubt. This man spikes people with the Cyclone almost every week. Do you know how hard that is to do? Boss is like Shulk if he was black, he sees everything before it happens.

D

Deleted member

Tough choice.

I will have to say Boss, though. The way he just uses Luigi is pretty damn inspirational for other Luigi mains to try out and experiment with the things he does. His fingers are also very freaking fast... how does he recover with the Luigi Cyclone without jumping?
Most importantly, he proved that Luigi isn't trash and is completely viable for Smash 4.

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
They're all different and really cool, solid players. I enjoy learning from all of them. Shout outs to @ Dakpo Dakpo for also being a notably solid Luigi main.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
Down tilt is fairly easy to get combos off of. It's pretty much a guarenteed grab if it hits.
Oh no, I know. I just don't see many Luigi players work it into their play style because of it's low range.

imma let you finish, but KA master is the greatest luigi of all time.
Idk mayne, I'm a big Vudujin/Abate fan
;3

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh no, I know. I just don't see many Luigi players work it into their play style because of it's low range.
;3
If I wanted a character with good range, the Bros. would be the last characters I'd look at. Thankfully, I have Rosalina and Mega Man for that. But yes, down tilt is a great move. Not as good as Doc's, but still good. I love the way it pops em right up. I just wish it spiked like it did in Brawl.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Down tilt is fairly easy to get combos off of. It's pretty much a guaranteed grab if it hits.
D-tilt is actually a mix up. A very good one at least. If they touch the ground, they can buffer a roll 100% of the time. If they don't then they can jump away. The timing if very strict to get out though. I doubt any one would see it coming :p I use it sparingly

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
D-tilt is actually a mix up. A very good one at least. If they touch the ground, they can buffer a roll 100% of the top. If they don't then they can jump away. The timing if very strict to get out though. I doubt any one would see it coming :p I use it sparingly
It's such an overlooked move no one would expect you use it until they get a clean karate chop for being so careless.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I just wish D-tilt has lesser end lag, instant new combo starter :p/

Wait, we already have D-throw (Obvious), U-tilt and N-air. Though, D-tilt would be pretty nice with less end lag, escpecially since Luigi can crawl.

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
I just wish D-tilt has lesser end lag, instant new combo starter :p/

Wait, we already have D-throw (Obvious), U-tilt and N-air. Though, D-tilt would be pretty nice with less end lag, escpecially since Luigi can crawl.
The end lag isn't the worst ever. Its biggest problem imo is the bad range. If it had Mario dtilt range it would be amazing.

Saturn_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Saturn.1000
I've been a J.Miller fan since he punked Leffen's ***** ass at BEAST5.

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
Boss taught me how to be aggresive. False taught me how to be calculated. J Miller taught me to stick with him even when the stakes are high.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Boss taught me how to get consistent regrabs.
Aside from that, I have no preference because the only ones I even have an idea about their personality is J. Miller and boss.
But to be honest, False's luigi is not as good as his diddy BY FAR.

WalkerTheTalker

Smash Rookie
Boss taught me how to get consistent regrabs.
Aside from that, I have no preference because the only ones I even have an idea about their personality is J. Miller and boss.
But to be honest, False's luigi is not as good as his diddy BY FAR.
false plays luigi and sheik......... not diddy

Top Bottom