• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss answers your mario questions(in style) UPDATED!!!! first PG

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Boss, would you consider making a new gimp list thread? No tiers this time though because it made things kind of confusing.

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
hey i'm going my first tournament. I'm using mario for any projectily people, DDD for any snakes and G&W for every one else.

Do you have any tips for my first tourney? Its GIgs in orlando by the way.
hey i never noticed these cool smileys.:psycho::chuckle::dizzy::confused: those are silly

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
hey i'm going my first tournament. I'm using mario for any projectily people, DDD for any snakes and G&W for every one else.

Do you have any tips for my first tourney? Its GIgs in orlando by the way.
hey i never noticed these cool smileys.:psycho::chuckle::dizzy::confused: those are silly
I've been going to gigs since brawl came out. You're going to see a lot of Dededes there. Good ones. CO18, Seibrik, and Hungrybox just to name a few. Tough area for Mario. I'll be there and so will Monk, I believe. Just look for the Mario Ditto TV lol. We'll give you some pointers there.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
True Story...Seibrik did not know DDD's up-b could be caped before he fought me....and then I caped him...and he just sat there..."Oh..."

Gameandwatchmewin...Mario is a bad character bro...there are alot better options for dealing with projectiles...

Steel_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Uhmm I have a question and i doubt it will get answered so here goes

How do i Combo Uair and Bair together i keep getting ledge hogged by people and its annoying so i try to Uair them then Bair them off the stage but i always suicide

Any tips?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord

How do i Combo Uair and Bair together i keep getting ledge hogged by people and its annoying so i try to Uair them then Bair them off the stage but i always suicide

Any tips?
Cape stall until you get an opening to Up B.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion

Any tips?
when you say you try to Uair and Bair them off the stage I'm assuming you mean edgegaurd them...if that's the case wait a little while...learn your limitations follow their movement...also try throwing some fire balls out there...

as for being edgehogged...if you're up high(Which you should be if you DI proper) fireball a few times...cape for the extra height then use your jump(Save it always) if they are still on the edge after you jump Uair they will either 1) get off the edge and then you can up-b or 2) take the Uair maybe get stage spiked or at least get put in a difficult position

I hoped that helped a little

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
Originally Posted by Monk/Honkey/Banana View Post
Gameandwatchmewin...Mario is a bad character bro...there are alot better options for dealing with projectiles...

probably, but my friend lio, has a filthy ***** ****** toon link who throws everything out at once(he'll be there, I bet him and his teammate will make top 4 or 3 in doubles). my mario does ALOT better than my main man G&W against his Toonlink. I really will only use mario against that one guy, but i would have no chance of beating him anyways. he's good. I'll see you guys at the mario dittos.

Boss, there are a lot of people that are better than me. atleast 4 of the people going to gigs this weekend. How should i win the tournament. ( Please don't say use metaknight) ( people love to use that resoponse)

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Monk is just messing with you, he of all people knows how broken Mario's edge game is. Anyway, use who you feel comfortable with.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I hope this isn't going to become a new inside joke...*sigh*...

10Mariofor****tier

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
We could go on like this for hours, but let's not get things too spammy to get this thread closed.

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
Boss and Assisatants, are there any specific mindgames that work especially well for you and what are they. I understand if you don't want to give away your secrets. Like empty shorthops if your getting shielded too much or something like that.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Mindgames are an illusion... No one can teach them...they can only be discovered...by entering the forest of truth and fighting the dragon of deception...

true story we've all done it

boss8

Smash Hero
my good sir mindgames cant really be explaned...a mindgame is a mindgame though it isnt real it is a simple tactic to get your opponent to do what you want them to do.....like jabbing nad walking away or running past them or jumping for no reason...lol

Top Bottom