• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss answers your mario questions(in style) UPDATED!!!! first PG

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I read somewhere that mario has a chaingrab on game and watch is that correct?

And also I have been working on Mario's DAC but I can't get him to slide like snake or wario do. Is that because mario doesn't slide like that or am I just not timing it right?

Matt07

Smash Master
Boss you did amazing at Cataclysm 4. We were all watching your sets, and chatting in the Xat chat, it was pretty cool :).

Good **** getting 4th.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Btw Boss, you were awesome in the tourney. But two questions.

Why didn't you go Mario against Azen's Marth? :|

And why did you CP Halberd against Snake? The entire chatroom were going WTF!?

Famous

Smash Champion
Meh, for some odd reason Boss feels unconfident when he plays Azen...I don't know why...

Good **** man and don't say you suck

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze

After you ***** Ally sideways on Smashville, I didn't even care anymore. That made my night. You're amazing, Boss. <3 Great job taking 4th place.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Boss brang the unpredictable entertainment that's for sure. Wasnt a dull moment in watching them matches.

GJ with snatching 4th.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Good **** @ Cataclysm Boss.

The first match vs Ally was too much. I heard you beat Snakeee and absolutely steamrolled Inui too. how'd those matches go?

Teh Future

Smash Master
wait wtf did Boss actually win a set vs ally, or just a match?

Either way taking 4th at a high level tourney is amazing at any level, but you did it with mario and with an awesome *** playstyle <3 boss :D

boss8

Smash Hero

i really wasnt thinking at that point...i thought halberd wuz good due to luigi's up-b prioritys...but i guess i was wrong.....

Good **** @ Cataclysm Boss.

The first match vs Ally was too much. I heard you beat Snakeee and absolutely steamrolled Inui too. how'd those matches go?
lol they where both 2-0...lol i ***** them the whole set took about 2 min :laugh:

wait wtf did Boss actually win a set vs ally, or just a match?

Either way taking 4th at a high level tourney is amazing at any level, but you did it with mario and with an awesome *** playstyle <3 boss :D
i actually won a set...with both mario bros lol

yea 4th outa what 47 players? thats madness
GJ boss, I really would'a loved to see those mario matches, sick
they wil be up soon.

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
Who were you using when you didn't play the mario bros? Game and watch? me too, if that's so. Please post them vids in here when you get them. thanks.

Teh Future

Smash Master
you beat ally... omg I almost got an erection just hearing that. Boss you are way too good, pretty soon your gonna start winning these huge tourneys and people are gonna freak the fawk out

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea they were doing a lot of sets said one of the announcers.

From what I HEARD Ally beat his Mario, but Boss always went even with Luigi.

So I'VE heard, Boss will tell us more though :p.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I watched a good chunk of that tourney on live stream. The set that I saw between Boss and Ally, for loser's semifinals, Boss won the first match, then Ally won the next 2.

My question, Boss, is which do you use for your up-air combos, the c-stick or the control stick + a?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
In friendlies, Boss won with Luigi against Ally 2-0, and lost with Mario 2-0. In the tournament Boss lost with Luigi against Ally 2-1.

Against who did you use Mario in the tournament Boss?

boss8

Smash Hero
He beat Ally in a match, not a set.
nope i beat him in a set.....lol at me and ally having a snowball fight though.....
I thought he beat him saturday?
yessir
Did he? o_O
yes
Yea they were doing a lot of sets said one of the announcers.

From what I HEARD Ally beat his Mario, but Boss always went even with Luigi.

So I'VE heard, Boss will tell us more though :p.
i mean i would go even with ally with mario or luigi...i just felt more confident with luigi....even though i had my little mario plush doll looking at me the whole time...lol
I watched a good chunk of that tourney on live stream. The set that I saw between Boss and Ally, for loser's semifinals, Boss won the first match, then Ally won the next 2.

My question, Boss, is which do you use for your up-air combos, the c-stick or the control stick + a?
i use analog plus a button....
In friendlies, Boss won with Luigi against Ally 2-0, and lost with Mario 2-0. In the tournament Boss lost with Luigi against Ally 2-1.

Against who did you use Mario in the tournament Boss?
i used mario vs random people like.....i really dont remember there naes....but it just feels good to **** with mario....

i also used him in teams on live stream if you where watching...

all n all ally is a cool guy and it wuz fun chillin wit canada at taco bell and in turney etc..... i had mad fun.....but ally im coming for you....lol with mario...

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Hey Boss, did you notice that in both gif's in your sig, the KO % of the spike is 74%? Is that your magic number? :p

I didn't get to watch any teams matches so I'm hoping they'll get uploaded.

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
I get gimped a little bit too often. Do you make an effort to DI up all the time so that you can recover better? Also who, in your opinion, is the second best mario user so i can learn from their vids? One day i'll play you and I'll go a little easy since you gave me all this help.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I get gimped a little bit too often. Do you make an effort to DI up all the time so that you can recover better? Also who, in your opinion, is the second best mario user so i can learn from their vids? One day i'll play you and I'll go a little easy since you gave me all this help.
If you're being edgehogged, just cape stall until you find an opening to use your Up B. If you're being edgeguarded, just do everything you can to protect your DJ; FLUDD, fireballs, cape, etc. Also, DIing up is always perfered to help recovery.

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
I only have a problem not making it back. white men can't jump. So i was thinking that maybe the better players DI up all most of the time so that they have a chance to get back up.

Also i'll watch your vids, but what do you think is the most effective way to edge gaurd? and what is the most effective thing to do once they have already grabbed the edge?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I only have a problem not making it back. white men can't jump. So i was thinking that maybe the better players DI up all most of the time so that they have a chance to get back up.
DIing up is always good for helping your recovery.

Also i'll watch your vids, but what do you think is the most effective way to edge gaurd? and what is the most effective thing to do once they have already grabbed the edge?
It really depends on the character; honestly, I think someone should try making that gimp list thing again. As far as on the ledge, again it's really character dependent; some characters have really good edge games and can plank like crazy, other characters are more predictable with their options and are not too hard to punish.

Top Bottom