• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boshi Devours the Competition! WAIT! Don't go! Hear Me Out First

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I liked having an antagonistic Yoshi. Heck, I liked having any other Yoshi get their own unique identity that isn't just "Red/Blue/Yellow/Black/White Yoshi". If Geno comes along, I'll hope for Sakurai to remember that Boshi exists and I'll hope for Square to play ball on a simple inclusion like him.

I support.

Boshi should have a motorcycle, he looks like that kind of boi :) Add me to the support list too!

Btw are you the one who made this Zinith Zinith ?

530-90_5903cc7165c7e.jpg

Found it there.

Edit: There you go

Last edited:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Along with Paper Mario
We could have 3 Links vs 3 Mario vs 2 Yoshis in a game
No I don't want any dinner, I support Boshi as an echo/skin

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll support!!!

I would probably Boshi more than I'd play Yoshi + It'd be cool to see Boshi appear in another game

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
ah heck, go ahead and add me to the support list, If Geno gets in it's Yoshi's best bet to potentially getting a second rep.

I'm also a little curious on how Sakurai would portray him compared to the Yoshi we have already.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
ah heck, go ahead and add me to the support list, If Geno gets in it's Yoshi's best bet to potentially getting a second rep.

I'm also a little curious on how Sakurai would portray him compared to the Yoshi we have already.
My prediction: Rather than Boshi's animations being bubbly and bouncy like Yoshi's, his are flashy and cocky in a similar vein to Sonic. Maybe he lifts his shades and winks, gives toothy grins, or crosses his arms. It doesn't have to be over the top since Boshi is simply competitive rather than being an inherently antagonistic person. Just a bit of attitude already makes him completely different from Yoshi.

Attack animations would for the most part be completely identical and his voice would obviously be deepened Yoshi clips.

He does make some sounds in this fanmade vid ( sounds like deeper Yoshi sounds):

* Beware, this video contains dinosaur violence

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I seen you saw people marke a lot of counter arguments against Boshi. What are they?
From the top of my head:

-To obscure and has only appeared in one game. Now, his entry into Smash is banking on Geno getting in, but if even HE has a tough time getting into Smash, then it's an uphill battle for Boshi.

-As a potential, he has competition with Birdo and Yarn Yoshi. Both are more popular choices than Boshi, although they have their own problems that Boshi doesn't have...

-People are reluctant to advocate for an extra Yoshi rep since he's seen as a Mario rep (grumble grumble).

-Boshi may be a distinct Yoshi, but he's not particularly developed enough to warrant an appearance outside of his one showing.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
From the top of my head:

-To obscure and has only appeared in one game. Now, his entry into Smash is banking on Geno getting in, but if even HE has a tough time getting into Smash, then it's an uphill battle for Boshi.

-As a potential, he has competition with Birdo and Yarn Yoshi. Both are more popular choices than Boshi, although they have their own problems that Boshi doesn't have...

-People are reluctant to advocate for an extra Yoshi rep since he's seen as a Mario rep (grumble grumble).

-Boshi may be a distinct Yoshi, but he's not particularly developed enough to warrant an appearance outside of his one showing.
1 you can say that about a lot of characters in the game and being supported

2 Isn’t Birdo a stage hazard? Yarn Yoshi doesn’t seem possible imo

3 FE has what 8 reps now, people want Wario and DK to get more reps, aren’t they an extension of the Mario reps

4 wouldn’t matter for an echo or an alt

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Suppose I should come here and say this, I think Boshi would be the best unexpected pick for a echo character, and sure yarn yoshi and birdo are also there, but I mean why would you chose them when you could have this! Feel free to add me to the supporter list.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm in. I actually really like the idea of a "Dark" Yoshi for some inexplicable reason, and Boshi's design and personality are quite appealing.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I give Boshi my support. If we are getting Mario RPG content, we need to go all out. As it may be the only chance.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Boshi in Smash but

Echo fighters are meant to echo a character from their same franchise, the thing is Boshi never appeared in a Yoshi game, same goes for Birdo. Also I wouldn't call him the equivelent of the Wario/Waluigi of Yoshi if that was the case he'd end up as an assist trophy like Waluigi (RIP the Wah)

The only hope i see for him is appearing in a Yoshi game (highly unlikely as Squire Enix won't give the rights for Boshi to Nintendo) and the Smash Ballots.

Also Geno's gonna get in before Boshi (sorry but Geno's better)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'd like Boshi in Smash but

Echo fighters are meant to echo a character from their same franchise, the thing is Boshi never appeared in a Yoshi game, same goes for Birdo. Also I wouldn't call him the equivelent of the Wario/Waluigi of Yoshi if that was the case he'd end up as an assist trophy like Waluigi (RIP the Wah)

The only hope i see for him is appearing in a Yoshi game (highly unlikely as Squire Enix won't give the rights for Boshi to Nintendo) and the Smash Ballots.

Also Geno's gonna get in before Boshi (sorry but Geno's better)
There's nothing saying we cant have cross series echoes though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I will take it back if there is a cross series echo but still highly unlikely
When it comes to the Mario/Yoshi sub-series debacle, it's not quite as simple as I'd like it to be. Yoshi often gets the shaft in regards to series representation due to the association with Mario, but as Yoshi's Island Melee has shown it can go the other way. In other words, as long as there's SOME correlation to Yoshi, it's good enough to be considered for Yoshi representation, and Boshi fits that bill (being a Yoshi and having his personality and goals tied directly to Yoshi)

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I too honestly thought Boshi was just a meme lol Like I watched playthroughs of this game, how do I not remember this guy?! Anyhow I’m down, seems pretty cool.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to the Mario/Yoshi sub-series debacle, it's not quite as simple as I'd like it to be. Yoshi often gets the shaft in regards to series representation due to the association with Mario, but as Yoshi's Island Melee has shown it can go the other way. In other words, as long as there's SOME correlation to Yoshi, it's good enough to be considered for Yoshi representation, and Boshi fits that bill (being a Yoshi and having his personality and goals tied directly to Yoshi)
Well i do want Boshi in smash i think he'd make it as DLC as his popularity only came when Echo fighters came.

Top Bottom