• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bored with roy not getting any better

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I don't understand why people think he's affected by hitstun so much. Hitstun is based purely on launch speed. Are we saying that he's light?
He's ... light horizontally ... or something.
At least it feels that way when you get hit by something fairly minor that sends you careening off the side of the map.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Awww yeah, time to backhand some people with M2K's List of Constant Truths!

M2k's Stat List said:
Average Falling Speed

159% - Falco
152% - Fox
151% - Captain Falcon
128% - DK / Roy
118% - Ganondorf / Sheik
117% - Link / Marth / Young Link
116% - Bowser
108% - Pikachu
107% - Pichu / Yoshi
103% - Ness
101% - Dr. Mario / Mario / Mr. Game & Watch
98% - Ice Climbers
97% - Mewtwo
96% - Kirby / Peach
95% - Luigi / Samus
92% - Zelda
86% - Jigglypuff
Translation: he's not a fast faller.

M2k's List of Justice again said:
Weight - measures how far characters get knocked HORIZONTALLY, or left and right. This list I tested from the Mushroom Kingdom 2 weight scale. Also someone helped me with this by RATING the weights (Mario = 100, a.k.a. average), which is shown on the far left side. I rechecked his work and fixed the mistakes in it, and here is the list.

--- 117 --- (1) Bowser
--- 114 --- (2) DK
--- 110 --- (3) Samus
--- 109 --- (4) Ganondorf
--- 108 --- (5) Yoshi
--- 104 --- (6-7) Captain Falcon / Link
--- 100 --- (8-10) Dr. Mario / Luigi / Mario
--- 94 --- (11) Ness
--- 90 --- (12-14) Peach / Sheik / Zelda
--- 88 --- (15) Ice Climbers
--- 87 --- (16) Marth
--- 85 --- (17-19) Mewtwo / Roy / Young Link
--- 80 --- (20-21) Falco / Pikachu
--- 75 --- (22) Fox
--- 70 --- (23) Kirby
--- 60 --- (24-25) Jigglypuff / Mr. Game & Watch
--- 55 --- (26) Pichu
Read: He actually is lighter than you think (cause really, how many people know that roy is lighter than marth, and then characters like ZELDA AND PEACH LOL)

So yeah, roy is NOT a FFer, but he is pretty light (of course looking at this list, alot of people might be surprised at how light Fox and Falco are)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
1) it depends what you mean by a FFer. judging by that chart, he's the fourth fastest faller (tied with DK), so he's definitely not a slow faller (even though the gap between him and C. Falcon are great). and we all knew he was light (or at least the non-noobs did), although that chart is surprising. I knew he was lighter than marth, but that's a surprising small difference. also, the Zelda thing (I knew Peach was heavier), and then Samus's placement adds to my "Samus is underrated" theory.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i disargee with some of the grab data(due to backwards range), but other than that i love it, back to roy, lol i can't remember why i started this thread, but ready has an amazing grab range and a few grab set ups, caN'T ROY WORK WITH THAT, come on that is a major part of most metagames (ICs ,pichu, DK, mario, marth, and fox for kills) i think roy can be much better grab game wise, but who knows i play the ice climbers and love grabing more than anything and i try to do that with everyone else

but i can't do the simplest chain throws like d-thrw to grab, but i can do about everything thing else(i rarly chain throw)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
lol a few grab setups being

the occasional Dthrow>Fsmash
Upthrow chaingrab on spacies at low percents
Fthrow chaingrab like twice on spacies at low percents

now please let this thread die, it's giving the Roy boards a bad worse name (yet still better than the "why is Marth better than Roy?" thread).

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Yeah, Roy's spike is pretty much impossible; I've only done it once.

Hay handsockpuppet. Do you find it useful/appliable after Upthrows to run to quick Dsmashes? I'm thinking that it maybe useful on the spacies. I don't play Roy; it might be a tip???

Also Insanecrazyguy that idea of yours for Roy isn't worth it. Don't use it as a exuse to post here; your only making our BOYS =(
I actually sometimes end low percent uthrow CGs with a dsmash. (on spacies)

Top Bottom