• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bored with roy not getting any better

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
ok i was bored and said to myself. self, roy sucks and marth rocks/gay ,so i decided to help roy's metagame so, how about we use backwards up B to finish a combo. it means a one hit kill for J-puff and it has more range and knockback

you could could use fair to dtilt to up-b and they may lose a stock ,so yeah roy up- B at the end of a combo or if you are P***ed off that they will not die and maybe their could be a throw set up

but please don't use it like j-puffs rest and with roy's backwards up-B's 1st hit = death people will not f*** will your shield and the range is about a foot and a half on front of you

duh note:works best on floaties

Binx

Smash Master
Ya know I'm just never sure if your joking when you post or not.

Roy is bad, nothing anyone can do about it except play smarter, his fall speed and the knockback of his attacks just don't facilitate edgeguards which is a huge part of the game right now.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i am someone no one will ever understand so don't ask me if i was joking or not ,because i don't know

i am just pointing out a good anti J-puff move that can be used and no one uses it and really i play as more characters than azen so i have have a good idea on how to do the roy and everyone needs the up their metagame really fast (everyone but marth)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
people use the reverse blazer. however, it's hard to set up. like you said, you can do it at the end of a combo, and people do that, now if only Roy actually had any combos...

the only trick that you can really do is reverse blazer out of shield. that's it. fair to Dtilt to blazer doesn't work. most characters (including Jiggs) won't fall into the Dtilt range, and then deffinately won't be in line for the reverse blazer.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
but people don't just SH rest with Jiggs. they use it as a punisher, and occasionally as the final touch to a combo. why? because Jiggs has something called hitstun.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
yes yes roy is beastly and manly and he has teh phire and he's our boy.

but that doesn't change the fact he sucks.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
yah...I don't even know what he's talking about now. and something tells me he's a noob. I mean come on, hasn't everyone spiked someone with Marth once? it's easy. Roy, however, isn't even worth trying.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
no i have spiked marth a few times =3 and i am random and about people start working on his grab game, that could lead you somewhere, it's working for pichu. wait what does pichu have to do with anything? i made you think i am random again ,pichu's grab game makes him better so couldn't that do the same for roy? i am the master of random

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Yeah, Roy's spike is pretty much impossible; I've only done it once.

Hay handsockpuppet. Do you find it useful/appliable after Upthrows to run to quick Dsmashes? I'm thinking that it maybe useful on the spacies. I don't play Roy; it might be a tip???

Also Insanecrazyguy that idea of yours for Roy isn't worth it. Don't use it as a exuse to post here; your only making our BOYS =(

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
forgive me, i looked a bunch of stuff saying roy needs to get better or he isn't great, so i kind of wanted to smack them it the face and get them to say forget you ,you madman. and dude i play a lot of pichu dude and i would get jumped if i said roy sucks

and hey i am just trying to spark something, so roys ,go and **** and if you can't get better and if you can't play as roy he is better (read my name)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hey just for fun, roy combo video name ideas.(half@$$) our boy roy, flame on , and maybe straighter than marth. better than brawl, redrum

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
LOL!

You are to funny.

But all honesty, IF I had to suggest a name...flame on isn't a bad idea. >.<"

Can't believe I said that. lol

Too bad I don't play Roy THAT much. I'm a Marth/Fox man.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
thank you i have been funny since 1996 and i hope this thread has done something and anyone who is reading and doesn't like to post roy's musik is most of the time classical

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Well, honestly, I think everyone is trying to advance the metagame on their characters. I've noticed more Mario players lately. Honestly, I think that because Melee is getting back into the swing of things it's got people fired up.

Naturally...they want to explore options with a character and TRY to take them in a new direction. Some characters are probably tapped out. (Fox, Falco, Marth) While others are just becoming more and more flashy (Jiggs, Zelda, C. Falcon). Some are just tired of the old and going with new...and they have the tech skill and knowledge to do it. Some characters are getting stale and NEED a revamp, like Peach. Other characters have potential that most just don't touch like M2 and Pichu.

Not saying that they're going to suddenly jump to High Tier or anything. However, it could just provoke a larger use of certain characters in tournament. Even if it's just for a counterpick. I haven't seen a fun to watch Sheik in the finals in a while. Recently, M2K, Reno, and VaNz are all doing that. Look at Jiggs...I mean Jiggs is starting to just wreck everyone. Mango and Hungrybox repped Jiggs to the fullest at Revival of Melee. Also....Luigi is no longer Low Tier...what? That's because people are doing their jobs in advancing the Metagame of characters that have been rather...ignored. Neo showed us what Roy could do...as is Sethlon doing. NinjaLink also showed us the way. Is Roy really tapped out? Who knows?

I will admit though...it was rather random, xD.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i doubt roy is taped out and if he is, then he should go down on the list because everyone is trying to go up and if roy isn't going up ,well he falls and i am discovering some amazing pichu stuff like how to combo with down-smash (ask if you want to know how)

and for peach (you being a peach is the connection) i remember before i knew what a smash was i discovered the float thinking she could use an air move to ground to air to grab or whatever and look at everything to help peach like different grabs

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Well like you, we're trying to improve Peach and..well in essence, reinvent her. It's gonna be interesting because of the team we have now, but it should happen. I think we just need more Roy fanatics to improve upon what has been laid down. I mean...being serious about it, granted, but trying to get more creative.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Yeah, Roy's spike is pretty much impossible; I've only done it once.

Hay handsockpuppet. Do you find it useful/appliable after Upthrows to run to quick Dsmashes? I'm thinking that it maybe useful on the spacies. I don't play Roy; it might be a tip???

Also Insanecrazyguy that idea of yours for Roy isn't worth it. Don't use it as a exuse to post here; your only making our BOYS =(
1) what's not tough is landing it (which is easy if you do it backwards), but the fact that it is a weak meteor smash.

2) there is no such things as quick Dsmashes. Roy's Dsmash sucks, only occasionally is it good if they're at high percentage and you hit them with the tip (it has some decent horizontal knockback at the tip). after upthrows link some Utilts (which BTW is useless onb everything except chaingrabs), and then start juggling.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
:cry: :cry: why am i the only one working on pichu i have gone out of my way showing people INSANe pichu stuff that didn't work till now. sigh i guess i will be the only amazing pichu in the world due to marth and other set-up people like fox

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
*cough* T0MMY and Chu Dat own with Pichu *cough*

show me a video of you playing Pichu or whoever. I want to see if you can back up your words.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
they don't play pichu any more go ask them and i need to get my camera working. but i will just give some info. you can combo with down-smash at about 60%-85% if you use up- B like a WD ,but perfectly straight and that means d-smash to up-smash combo it's hard because d-smash is kind of slow , but i will show you some pichu videos if i can get a ubs cord for my camera and i really need better player to fight than marios (i want a fox)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I dunno...certain Marios are just beastly nowadays. Anyway...yeah, Roy's Dsmash has it's limited uses, xD. However, I tend to KO with it a LOT because I make random Dsmashes with him. I think it's a habit out of using Peach and Sheik and Doc, xD. I almost always get the Usmash spikes...and I've gotten kills with both Usmash and Uthrow in matches. The funny thing is that it wasn't unusual for me. However...it was for the people playing with me. I also go the spike off, too. ^_^

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I really only use Dsmash when I play the computer and they're to stupid to notice my Dsmash when they walk into it. Never against a real opponent. Except for the noobs who try to Roll Spam.

On another note, I think that some bottom tiers are possibly going up because are just bored playing god tier scrub characters and are trying something new. They also are trying exteremely hard to find ways to beat them. (read Taj's Character Thread on the Mewtwo Boards, that guy has everything planned out). And then there is just that untapped potential factor, like what Insane Carzy Guy is doing, experimenting with characters everybody else has just thrown in the garbage bin. Look at Taj (again), he's found out things to do to those high tiers (especially the furries) that give me hope to keep playing Low & Bottom tiers.

Rant over.

LightningRoy9

Smash Cadet
INSANE CARZY GUY, I like the name "straighter than Marth". Not only is it funny and creative, but its true! xD

T0MMY

Smash Master
:cry: :cry: why am i the only one working on pichu i have gone out of my way showing people INSANe pichu stuff that didn't work till now. sigh i guess i will be the only amazing pichu in the world due to marth and other set-up people like fox
*cough* T0MMY and Chu Dat own with Pichu *cough*
Chu played Ice Climbers. Don't let the name fool you, lol.

they don't play pichu any more go ask them and i need to get my camera working.
I played Pichu yesterday at a Smashfest >_>

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Chu played Ice Climbers. Don't let the name fool you, lol.

I played Pichu yesterday at a Smashfest >_>
*is pretty sure you're joking* but Chu plays Pichu too. it's like his third best character (I think it goes ICs, Pikachu, Pichu)

You know what?

Roy plays like a Brawl character

with a ****ty recovery.

Why isn't he bottom-tier yet?
LOL @the fact that he is a fastfaller and is extremely affected by hitstun (although arguably it's the fact that Brawl characters don't have hitstun). and he has extremely fast SHFFls, ok range (can't say great because tippers suck, although tippers don't matter when using Flare Blade, DED, and Dsmash, and his grab range is pretty beast), a good CC and ground game, and some simple yet effective edgeguards. that's what's keeping him from bottom (for the moment).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hey is there anything wierld about roy like, like SWD or a form or pillaring or anything like that because just with the small things you can help someone out, i know his duck can't help a lot but is there any small things because that could help, may a jab to falling under a platform to an fair or something,

i would say something about tommy but i don't want anymore infractions

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
LOL @the fact that he is a fastfaller and is extremely affected by hitstun (although arguably it's the fact that Brawl characters don't have hitstun).

I know, but the fact that Roy doesn't have combos makes him more centered around reading and spacing. Which is alot of what Brawl is.

and he has extremely fast SHFFls, ok range (can't say great because tippers suck, although tippers don't matter when using Flare Blade, DED, and Dsmash, and his grab range is pretty beast), a good CC and ground game, and some simple yet effective edgeguards. that's what's keeping him from bottom (for the moment).

Okay, understandable
Still, the comment was mostly sarcastic.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I don't understand why people think he's affected by hitstun so much. Hitstun is based purely on launch speed. Are we saying that he's light?

Top Bottom