• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Sometimes I feel like a crotchety old man, sometimes I feel like a young child considering how hyper I get occasionally, and other times do I actually feel like my age lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I only tend to feel particularly old whenever I start reminiscing on movies/shows/games I watched/played as a little kid and then think about how it's really hasn't been that many years ago that they were released.

Kinda reminds that time can really just breeze by without you realizing it every now and then.

73 Hard to believe I joined this site right after my 13th birthday.
Time sure does fly.
Speaking of time flying by haha. To me either takes a long time to pass or goes by faster than I'd know it.

I joined a few months after turning 15. I do sometimes wonder how I would've spent my time on this site if I joined two years earlier than that though (I originally joined looking for people to play Brawl online with; instead I all but forgot about that and regularly posted in the Smash 4 speculation scene).

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I only tend to feel particularly old whenever I start reminiscing on movies/shows/games I watched/played as a little kid and then think about how it's really hasn't been that many years ago that they were released.

Kinda reminds that time can really just breeze by without you realizing it every now and then.
Yeah, does make you feel old and kind of like... elderly folk :dazwa:
Speaking of time flying by haha. To me either takes a long time to pass or goes by faster than I'd know it.

I joined a few months after turning 15. I do sometimes wonder how I would've spent my time on this site if I joined two years earlier than that though (I originally joined looking for people to play Brawl online with; instead I all but forgot about that and regularly posted in the Smash 4 speculation scene).
16 for me. Same reason for joining as you but for Smash 4. Completely forgot about that, posted in what used to be ****post Central (aka Smash 4 social) and here. Now, I exclusively post here in Forum Games, I haven't even posted outside of this section of the site in over a year.

Luig

Confused

I remember I used to lurk smashboards a lot after I got 4. I was really starting to get into the competitive scene and couldn't wait to be able to join this site. I found this thread in july or so. The first day I joined was the day patch 1.0.8 dropped. I actually found a sonic change that day. It was kinda cool.
I've been less active here but I still love this place. I hope it becomes more alive when more info about the next smash game, whether it be a port or something else, is revealed.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, does make you feel old and kind of like... elderly folk :dazwa:
"sigh"

No comment, no comment.

16 for me. Same reason for joining as you but for Smash 4. Completely forgot about that, posted in what used to be ****post Central (aka Smash 4 social) and here. Now, I exclusively post here in Forum Games, I haven't even posted outside of this section of the site in over a year.
Your visible post count will reach 700 messages someday. :upsidedown:

I mainly just post here now too. But also occasionally the Nintenzone, and in a few groups. I'm slowly starting to get back into the speculation scene again as well.

Ah, at times I actually miss the ****post days, other times not so much. That also reminds me; have any of you guys ever looked back on some of your older posts and just tend to feel....awkward? Because it's hard for me to look back at some of my much older posts without chastising my younger, past self and wondering "What the heck was I thinking when I posted that?"

I remember I used to lurk smashboards a lot after I got 4. I was really starting to get into the competitive scene and couldn't wait to be able to join this site. I found this thread in july or so. The first day I joined was the day patch 1.0.8 dropped. I actually found a sonic change that day. It was kinda cool.
I've been less active here but I still love this place. I hope it becomes more alive when more info about the next smash game, whether it be a port or something else, is revealed.
Never really lurked this place myself, at least prior to joining (I found out about it merely by searching something for Smash communities the same day I decided I wanted to find people to play Brawl with, then joined this one immediately) everyone finds and joins this place a little differently.

Same here, I still love this site and I don't intend to leave it in the foreseeable future, even if my activity here has also declined. I'm hoping it'll get more activity with as more news of next Smash (port or not, as you said) comes out too, but who knows. I know I'm planning to be a bit more active on the site for that myself.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

"sigh"

No comment, no comment.
You technically commented with the "sigh" soooo :seuss:
Your visible post count will reach 700 messages someday. :upsidedown:

I mainly just post here now too. But also occasionally the Nintenzone, and in a few groups. I'm slowly starting to get back into the speculation scene again as well.
Not when I'm posting just here. I don't really feel like posting anywhere else. I would go to the Nintenzone but I'm not really sure how I'd fare there.
Ah, at times I actually miss the ****post days, other times not so much. That also reminds me; have any of you guys ever looked back on some of your older posts and just tend to feel....awkward? Because it's hard for me to look back at some of my much older posts without chastising my younger, past self and wondering "What the heck was I thinking when I posted that?"
The times when funny things happened made you miss it. The times when the thread got locked, well, made you glad they've gone by.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
That also reminds me; have any of you guys ever looked back on some of your older posts and just tend to feel....awkward? Because it's hard for me to look back at some of my much older posts without chastising my younger, past self and wondering "What the heck was I thinking when I posted that?"
Occasionally, yes. Whether the past post in question was humorous, or not. Some of my posts bring back bad memories, too.

NBM

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Not when I'm posting just here. I don't really feel like posting anywhere else. I would go to the Nintenzone but I'm not really sure how I'd fare there.
Sometimes I simply don't feel up to posting in other places, so I could understand that. Is there any other reason why if I might ask?

The times when funny things happened made you miss it. The times when the thread got locked, well, made you glad they've gone by.
I almost forgot the thread actually got locked a few times because things were getting so out of hand.

Yeesh, it must've been even worse than I can remember.

Occasionally, yes. Whether the past post in question was humorous, or not. Some of my posts bring back bad memories, too.

NBM
Same for me, pretty much. I try to avoid thinking about certain posts for that reason, even preferring to forget a few of them, honestly.

I was definitely a lot more naive during some of my earlier years on the site, and it helps that lot of my really old posts happen to be image reactions of some kind.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Yeah, I feel a little bad for kind of ignoring this place for the last few months because I really do love this place and it did help me as corny as it sounds. I do want to try to be more active.

And yes. A few weeks ago I went back and read a ton of my old stuff when I was 13.
It feels
odd
almost like a different person
some of it is definitely awkward but a lot of it just seems like something a completely different person would say
I also went back and read my old letters from when I was watching MLP
And what the hell
I watched 192 minutes of the show a day
talk about binge watching to catch up
I mean
Wow

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Sometimes I simply don't feel up to posting in other places, so I could understand that. Is there any other reason why if I might ask?
There's not being able to contribute to discussion nor being able to jump into an ongoing discussion. I'm bad with that sort of thing.
I almost forgot the thread actually got locked a few times because things were getting so out of hand.

Yeesh, it must've been even worse than I can remember.
Yeah, and it killed activity as a result of the final lockdown. That, and Chucklehead spending $300+ on premium for other users which led to them flocking to the DR to ****post. People even got banned (most of which were temporary) during the ****posting era, it was that bad.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Didn't use the DR that much outside of the infinite counting thread Luigi made.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, I feel a little bad for kind of ignoring this place for the last few months because I really do love this place and it did help me as corny as it sounds. I do want to try to be more active.

And yes. A few weeks ago I went back and read a ton of my old stuff when I was 13.
It feels
odd
almost like a different person
some of it is definitely awkward but a lot of it just seems like something a completely different person would say
I also went back and read my old letters from when I was watching MLP
And what the hell
I watched 192 minutes of the show a day
talk about binge watching to catch up
I mean
Wow
Sometimes my older posts, to me, don't feel me at all, and other times it does feels like me but a lot more naive.

I think the only time I've binged a show quite like that is with Steven Universe. And I'm not even sure how much time I put into watching that on any given day.

There's not being able to contribute to discussion nor being able to jump into an ongoing discussion. I'm bad with that sort of thing.
That I definitely get, I feel the same when going to a lot of threads nowadays.

Granted I did used to try and jump into topics more often in the past, but I don't try nearly as much now. It's not uncommon for it to be a topic I don't know much about, but either with ones I do I don't always feel like I can contribute much of substance.

Yeah, and it killed activity as a result of the final lockdown. That, and Chucklehead spending $300+ on premium for other users which led to them flocking to the DR to ****post. People even got banned (most of which were temporary) during the ****posting era, it was that bad.
I certainly remember the DR getting flooded. Now that I'm thinking about it again, I'd say the whole situation was probably just one serious mess altogether. It was partially the reason why I didn't post as much there either after a while.

Speaking of the DR....

Yeah. It resulted in the social more or less dying.
Kinda sad, I remember back when the DR was chill.
How is the DR doing currently?

I'd prefer to do such as well, really. Especially since the past 10 months of my life have been tough.

-NBM-
At least you've been moving forward stronger as of late, right?

It's good to move on from the past, but it remains important to learn from it as well.

Luig

Confused
The DR is ok now but last time I checked it was just status update central
For a while after everyone got premium it was just ****posts everywhere
Before that it was more of a slow chill chat a few people talked in.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Status update central? If it's that and still going at a rather slow pace, then it doesn't sound like it's changed much from how I last saw it.

And I'll definitely never forget it's ****post days.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I think the only time I've binged a show quite like that is with Steven Universe. And I'm not even sure how much time I put into watching that on any given day.
I remember binge watching SU in like a weekend and I most certainly remember binge watching MLP in 3 weeks back when this thread had a lot of ponies lol
I certainly remember the DR getting flooded. Now that I'm thinking about it again, I'd say the whole situation was probably just one serious mess altogether. It was partially the reason why I didn't post as much there either after a while.
Really though, it was the end result of a bunch of users that really had a lot of free time on their hands and didn't want to abide by the rules of the site and actually engage in some sort of discussion, hell, it didn't even have to be about Smash.
That I definitely get, I feel the same when going to a lot of threads nowadays.

Granted I did used to try and jump into topics more often in the past, but I don't try nearly as much now. It's not uncommon for it to be a topic I don't know much about, but either with ones I do I don't always feel like I can contribute much of substance.
I feel like it'd be a case of "Where the hell did you come from?" as some random guy responds to someone and tries argue to argue a point or add to it. Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
At least you've been moving forward stronger as of late, right?

It's good to move on from the past, but it remains important to learn from it as well.
I am, thanks.

August '16-January was the worst of it. I've been steadily improving since then. June so far has been a good month for me. May had its bumps but I pulled through.

NBM

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I remember binge watching SU in like a weekend and I most certainly remember binge watching MLP in 3 weeks back when this thread had a lot of ponies lol
..okay yeah I was never that quick when binging any show, lol.

The thread's still got ponies but it was basically the one thing this thread regularly saw for quite a while (other than Bob-ombs of course :p).

Really though, it was the end result of a bunch of users that really had a lot of free time on their hands and didn't want to abide by the rules of the site and actually engage in some sort of discussion, hell, it didn't even have to be about Smash.
Sounds simple enough, it just understandably got out of hand later on.

The Smash 4 social and DR social rarely ever seemed to talk about Smash after a while, come to think of it. I think it was that way even before the ****posting became prominent.

I feel like it'd be a case of "Where the hell did you come from?" as some random guy responds to someone and tries argue to argue a point or add to it. Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing.
Well, you could always introduce/reintroduce yourself there if you ever felt like giving that a shot.

I doubt most of the people there knew who I was or recognized me at first, especially due to infrequently posting there, but I've been visiting it a bit more often over time. Admittedly sometimes I make posts there and I end up leaving or lurking simply because no one responds to it, which is different from that example but I think I can still understand that viewpoint.

I am, thanks.

August '16-January was the worst of it. I've been steadily improving since then. June so far has been a good month for me. May had its bumps but I pulled through.

NBM
I'm glad to hear it, once again. I hope the improvements only continue.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

..okay yeah I was never that quick when binging any show, lol.

The thread's still got ponies but it was basically the one thing this thread regularly saw for quite a while (other than Bob-ombs of course :p).
It helps to have free time :p

And yeah, you probably could have confused this for a pony thread back then if you didn't look at the title for some reason lol
Sounds simple enough, it just understandably got out of hand later on.

The Smash 4 social and DR social rarely ever seemed to talk about Smash after a while, come to think of it. I think it was that way even before the ****posting became prominent.
I'm pretty sure the Smash 4 social was made for discussion not about Smash and the DR is just a premium resort.
Well, you could always introduce/reintroduce yourself there if you ever felt like giving that a shot.

I doubt most of the people there knew who I was or recognized me at first, especially due to infrequently posting there, but I've been visiting it a bit more often over time. Admittedly sometimes I make posts there and I end up leaving or lurking simply because no one responds to it, which is different from that example but I think I can still understand that viewpoint.
I'm not the best at introductions and I'm not sure if I want to randomly pop in like that. I dunno, I work strangely.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It helps to have free time :p

And yeah, you probably could have confused this for a pony thread back then if you didn't look at the title for some reason lol
Very much so lol

This thread's history has proven interesting. I certainly didn't expect myself to still be posting here regularly when I first started participating in the game part of it around late 2013 ( nor did I expect it to involve ponies :p).

I'm pretty sure the Smash 4 social was made for discussion not about Smash and the DR is just a premium resort.

Almost any social that isn't about specific characters or speculation has seemed to only occasionally dabble in Smash discussion.

I'm not the best at introductions and I'm not sure if I want to randomly pop in like that. I dunno, I work strangely.
Fair enough.

Though on any chance that you ever do try the post could also be involved with the (one of the) current topic(s), too. Just making note of that.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused

Yeah I showed my friend this thread once and he thought it was a pony thread, lol

I don't talk in nintenzone much for pretty much the same reason lol

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Very much so lol

This thread's history has proven interesting. I certainly didn't expect myself to still be posting here regularly when I first started participating in the game part of it around late 2013.
This thread is like a black hole, when you're in it, you're here forever. You know what they say:
Almost any social that isn't about specific characters or speculation has seemed to only occasionally dabble in Smash discussion.
Yeah, and certain ones don't even talk about their character in the social, only in the other threads involving their data or something like that.
Fair enough.

Though on any chance that you ever do try the post could also be involved with the (one of the) current topic(s), too. Just making note of that.
That's usually the best way to jump in, I find. And it's going to be real active during E3, especially when Nintendo is up to bat.
Yeah I showed my friend this thread once and he thought it was a pony thread, lol
lmao

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
99 Late replies.

Did you explain what it really was? :p

This thread is like a black hole, when you're in it, you're here forever. You know what they say:
2spooky.....

Yeah, and certain ones don't even talk about their character in the social, only in the other threads involving their data or something like that.
Which isn't a bad thing. Pretty much every social thread forms the bulk of every community on here.

Like this one eventually did. :p

That's usually the best way to jump in, I find. And it's going to be real active during E3, especially when Nintendo is up to bat.
Indeed! And yeah, E3 almost always stirs up plenty of hype and activity on here.

There's no doubting that Smash or not, this one's definitely gonna crank things up too.

Top Bottom