• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

:seuss:

It probably could, yeah. And Johnny is definitely gonna do a video on the new game when it comes out so we don't have to play it. The Jontron video on Bubsy could also get more views as well.
That one as well.

The views on the teaser itself are certainly going up fast for the time being.

Likewise, Bad Rats 2 wasn't absolutely terrible like the first game which killed the "charm" that people were morbidly attached to for some reason. Birdemic 2 is just as awful if not worse than the first movie but has none of the "charm" the first movie had.
The most I really know about Bad Rats is that it sucked and that it became infamous as a game for people to give as a "gift" to other users on Steam. I did hear about the sequel (before the first game, as a matter of fact) and I'm not really surprised it still didn't fare so well.

I've seen reviews of both Birdemic movies out of curiosity, but reviews of the sequel are much harder to come by. In a related comment of mine, to this day I still find it hard to believe the first Birdemic movie was a dead serious attempt to make a movie. Like, the director just looked at the results of their product and apparently thought everything looked and sounded okay and ready for release. It wasn't even meant to be satirical or comedic or anything like that at all. That's what boggles my mind.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

That one as well.

The views on the teaser itself are certainly going up fast for the time being.
Well yeah, it's Bubsy lol
The most I really know about Bad Rats is that it sucked and that it became infamous as a game for people to give as a "gift" to other users. I did hear about the sequel (before the first game, as a matter of fact) and I'm not really surprised it still didn't fare so well.

I've seen reviews of both Birdemic movies out of curiosity, but reviews of the sequel are much harder to come by. In a related comment of mine, to this day I still find it hard to believe the first Birdemic movie was a dead serious attempt to make a movie. Like, the director just looked at the results of their product and apparently thought everything looked and sounded okay and ready for release. It wasn't even meant to be satirical or comedic or anything like that at all, That's what boggles my mind.
That's the power of ironically buying a game. You're still giving the devs money and thus you're responsible in a way for the sequel existing.

I've seen films on lower budgets (Birdemic had a budget less than $10,000 by the way) better in every way than Birdemic and I've seen high school video projects better than Birdemic. He had to have been the only one who thought the end result was okay, hell, I'm sure the actors thought this was garbage. Yet, it's so terrible that it loops right back around to being funny. One of the funniest bad films ever with The Room (another film I can't believe was made 100% seriously) still being the reigning king in that regard.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

That's the power of ironically buying a game. You're still giving the devs money and thus you're responsible in a way for the sequel existing.

I've seen films on lower budgets (Birdemic had a budget less than $10,000 by the way) better in every way than Birdemic and I've seen high school video projects better than Birdemic. He had to have been the only one who thought the end result was okay, hell, I'm sure the actors thought this was garbage. Yet, it's so terrible that it loops right back around to being funny. One of the funniest bad films ever with The Room (another film I can't believe was made 100% seriously) still being the reigning king in that regard.
Good thing there's people out there who give reviews and such so that less people are likely to give 'em money, instead finding out everything they want to by watching and reading. :p

Yeah, even on extremely low budgets you still have some potential to work with. There really isn't any excuse for just how badly the movie turned out The acting is wooden, the writing is awful, the storyline is equally awful and doesn't even seem to know what it wants to do, and the "special effects" should just obviously be among the worst to ever hit the movies, but apparently it wasn't obvious. It's also hard to believe most of the people working on it could have possibly thought it was even remotely decent, so yeah, you're probably right about the director being the one person to think it was any good. It's definitely a great film to laugh at.

I've never seen The Room but I've heard about it so many times over the past couple years by now that I may as well just watch a review of it at this point (or just watch it myself, even).

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Good thing there's people out there who give reviews and such so that less people are likely to give 'em money, instead finding out everything they want to by watching and reading. :p
That's not stopping some people from trying it for themselves :p
Yeah, even on extremely low budgets you still have some potential to work with. There really isn't any excuse for just how badly the movie turned out The acting is wooden, the writing is awful, the storyline is equally awful and doesn't even seem to know what it wants to do, and the "special effects" should just obviously be among the worst to ever hit the movies, but apparently they weren't. It's also hard to believe most of the people working on it could have possibly thought it was even remotely decent, so yeah, you're probably right about the director being the one person to think it was any good. It's definitely a great film to laugh at.
It truly is a masterpiece in every way. :p
I want an explanation for the scene where they use clothe hangers to fight off birds. Was that really all that they could find?
I've never seen The Room but I've heard about it so many times over the past couple years by now that I may as well just watch a review of it at this point (or just watch it myself, even).
The Room is also a masterpiece. :p
It's cheesy goodness with an occasional sex scene that completely throws the pacing out of whack. But the cheese and terribleness make up the majority of the movie so you should be good.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It truly is a masterpiece in every way. :p
I want an explanation for the scene where they use clothe hangers to fight off birds. Was that really all that they could find?
Ah yes, one of the greatest mysterious about the movie is that laughably stupid scene. It almost stands out on it's own with how absurd it is.

Sadly I don't think these questions will ever be answered. 'Tis fun to speculate what the actors, director and crew were thinking when they were lightly swatting hangers at the air though. :p

The Room is also a masterpiece. :p
It's cheesy goodness with an occasional sex scene that completely throws the pacing out of whack. But the cheese and terribleness make up the majority of the movie so you should be good.
That sounds like a recipe for a bad movie alright.

Watching it normally or via review, either way, I expect that this is gonna be "interesting".

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
34 Octavias

Ah yes, one of the greatest mysterious about the movie is that laughably stupid scene. It almost stands out on it's own with how absurd it is.

Sadly I don't think these questions will ever be answered. 'Tis fun to speculate what the actors, director and crew were thinking when they were lightly swatting hangers at the air though. :p
"Why did I agree to this?"
That sounds like a recipe for a bad movie alright.

Watching it normally or via review, either way, I expect that this is gonna be "interesting".
Indeed.

I can't believe we got on this topic because of Bubsy of all things lol

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This upcoming Bubsy game sounds epic and spectacular enough. Why bring it back if the producers weren't ambitious enough to redeem the franchise? You could say that this new game will probably be the cat's meow...

plz don't hurt me lol

-NBM-

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

It all started from the topic of something else that's also terrible :p
True lol

In other news, I could be getting a Switch soon. I thought about waiting until Splatoon 2 came out but then I realized how bad of an idea that would be because of the fact that Switches are probably going to be sold out when I try to get one at that time.
This upcoming Bubsy game sounds epic and spectacular enough. Why bring it back if the producers weren't ambitious enough to redeem the franchise? You could say that this new game will probably be the cat's meow...

plz don't hurt me lol

-NBM-
Epic and spectacular are not the words I would use to describe Bubsy lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

This upcoming Bubsy game sounds epic and spectacular enough. Why bring it back if the producers weren't ambitious enough to redeem the franchise?

-
As I mentioned earlier, it might be too early to tell, but I myself just can't see it doing well with it's current build.

You could say that this new game will probably be the cat's meow...
why

-hurts you-

That joke was a catastrophe.
why?!

True lol

In other news, I could be getting a Switch soon. I thought about waiting until Splatoon 2 came out but then I realized how bad of an idea that would be because of the fact that Switches are probably going to be sold out when I try to get one at that time.
Hope you can. Sometimes it's better to wait for more games you want to be released to get a new console, but you do have a point there; consoles often sell like hotcakes around a hyped new release so getting one at that time could be more difficult.

Meanwhile I myself am still unsure of when to get one, especially because I'm still torn as to whether I should get Zelda BotW for the Wii U or the Switch.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Hope you can. Sometimes it's better to wait for more games you want to be released to get a new console, but you do have a point there; consoles often sell like hotcakes around a hyped new release so getting one at that time could be more difficult.

Meanwhile I myself am still unsure of when to get one, especially because I'm still torn as to whether I should get Zelda BotW for the Wii U or the Switch.
I plan on getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe since I never played Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U, Arms because why not, Super Bomberman R because it could be fun, BotW because why not, and Splatoon 2 since I never played the original on the Wii U. Then there will be whatever Nintendo announces for the system that I'm interested in, Mario Odyssey, Yooka-Laylee whenever it comes out for the Switch, and Sonic Mania when it comes out in August. So I will have about 8 games for the system by the end of this year and 4 to start out which sounds fine to me (well, 3 since I might get it before Arms comes out but it won't be that long of a wait).

Get one when you feel you're ready for it, don't jump in if you don't think it'll be worth it now. I thought about it, I have the money to buy it, I know it'll be worth it, and it makes sense for me to get it before they sell out.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I plan on getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe since I never played Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U, Arms because why not, Super Bomberman R because it could be fun, BotW because why not, and Splatoon 2 since I never played the original on the Wii U. Then there will be whatever Nintendo announces for the system that I'm interested in, Mario Odyssey, Yooka-Laylee whenever it comes out for the Switch, and Sonic Mania when it comes out in August. So I will have about 8 games for the system by the end of this year and 4 to start out which sounds fine to me (well, 3 since I might get it before Arms comes out but it won't be that long of a wait).

Get one when you feel you're ready for it, don't jump in if you don't think it'll be worth it now. I thought about it, I have the money to buy it, I know it'll be worth it, and it makes sense for me to get it before they sell out.
Most of those games are the ones I'm currently planning to get as well. Splatoon 2 for that same reason, even. I do have MK8 though so I'm not sure about getting Deluxe.

Yeah, it is probably for the best that I wait a bit. Glad you've got the money for it. I need to think about the money I've got, as well as space. Even though it's portable it's still a console, too, and I still need to think about where I'd put it (my home is full of gaming consoles; I have one in my bedroom and three in the living room, and that's not even all of them) I should probably talk to my family about getting one because of that specifically.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Most of those games are the ones I'm currently planning to get as well. Splatoon 2 for that same reason, even. I do have MK8 though so I'm not sure about getting Deluxe.

Yeah, it is probably for the best that I wait a bit. Glad you've got the money for it. I need to think about the money I've got, as well as space. Even though it's portable it's still a console, too, and I still need to think about where I'd put it (my home is full of gaming consoles; I have one in my bedroom and three in the living room, and that's not even all of them) I should probably talk to my family about getting one because of that specifically.
Do you think what Deluxe offers is worth getting at its price? Think about it before coming to a decision.

Good thing it's small so I can actually put it somewhere and if I can't do it for some reason, well, it's still portable so it works out for me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Do you think what Deluxe offers is worth getting at its price? Think about it before coming to a decision.

Good thing it's small so I can actually put it somewhere and if I can't do it for some reason, well, it's still portable so it works out for me.
Yeah, this is a good way of going about decisions like this. I need to look into the content that game offers again, it's been a while so I forgot some of the stuff announced for it.

The portability is a wonderful feature but even the places where I could probably store it if not find room for it as a console are rather crowded at the moment, I really need to clean them out and reorganize them. I'm definitely going to be getting the Switch at some point, but I'm also definitely waiting a bit longer on doing so.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Yeah, this is a good way of going about decisions like this. I need to look into the content that game offers again, it's been a while so I forgot some of the stuff announced for it.

The portability is a wonderful feature but even the places where I could probably store it if not find room for it as a console are rather crowded at the moment, I really need to clean them out and reorganize them. I'm definitely going to be getting the Switch at some point, but I'm also definitely waiting a bit longer on doing so.
Same applies to a lot of things, really.

Yeah, that's understandable. Better to wait for when the console has more value to you...

Top Bottom