• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

#BuffThePuff

This needs to become even more of a thing.

-NBM-
She's not useless, imo, but she does need plenty of work.

It doesn't necessarily need to make her be Melee levels of good, but it should at least be something much better than where she's currently at compared to the rest of the cast. Let her be a true master of the air yet again.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

She's not useless, imo, but she does need plenty of work.

It doesn't necessarily need to make her be Melee levels of good, but it should at least be something much better than where she's currently at compared to the rest of the cast. Let her be a true master of the air yet again.
Her being useless is debatable. While she's not as bad as vanilla mii swordsman (maybe), she still lacks a single winning matchup and her biggest positive in aerial game is outclassed by other characters. Both Mario and Ness have better air games than she does.

Puff might not be the worst character in the game, but at the same time, she could be. She gets outclassed in pretty much every regard by other characters. Aside from casual play, there isn't really a good reason to use Puff, unfortunately.

-nbm-

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
28 Bizarre dreams I had last night.

Her being useless is debatable. While she's not as bad as vanilla mii swordsman (maybe), she still lacks a single winning matchup and her biggest positive in aerial game is outclassed by other characters. Both Mario and Ness have better air games than she does.

Puff might not be the worst character in the game, but at the same time, she could be. She gets outclassed in pretty much every regard by other characters. Aside from casual play, there isn't really a good reason to use Puff, unfortunately.

-nbm-
I have to agree. There are some professional players who have gotten some success with her, to my knowledge, so while it show she's got some potential, it's nothing significant compared to that of many other characters on the roster. Her air game just isn't like how it used to be.

I'm not even sure if she's better or worse than she was in Brawl.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
28 Bizarre dreams I had last night.

I have to agree. There are some professional players who have gotten some success with her, to my knowledge, so while it show she's got some potential, it's nothing significant compared to that of many other characters on the roster. Her air game just isn't like how it used to be.

I'm not even sure if she's better or worse than she was in Brawl.
And what was that dream? :p

Yeah, there's this one Puff main named Serynder that goes to the Xanadu regional tournaments in Baltimore MD that's one of the better players there. I forgot his gamer tag until now, but he hasn't done too bad with Puff there even if he isn't a top pro or a top tier user. But outside of regionals, Puff just can't survive. Heck, even at that regional the Puff main isn't overly dominant. The top player at Xanadu now is Wadi (Mewtwo), with the 2nd best being Pink Fresh (Bayonetta, Lucas occasionally).

And I'm not sure either. I think she's about equally as bad. But at least in Brawl the balance was so bad that there were somehow characters worse than her (Brawl Ganon lol), but now...she can't survive, not in low tier tournaments nor otherwise.

She is definitely the worst character in Smash 4 if vanilla Miis aren't counted. It's tragic.

-NBM-

Last edited:
Top Bottom