• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Speaking of character viability...Sheik in the current meta puzzles me. Her matchup spread is freaking amazing, and possibly the best in the roster, and yet...she hasn't appeared in Grand Finals in a long time. Heck, characters like Captain Falcon have appeared in Grand Finals more recently than Sheik has (and Fatality did it twice in the past couple of months). Is her MU chart really that good if she hasn't been making GFs of national tournaments recently? I honestly don't know...I'm beginning to think she could slip out of the top 5, and Diddy-Bayo-Sonic-Mario-Cloud will be my new top 5.

It's tough though. She's still an amazing character, and fares really well in the Cloud and Fox matchups, specifically...maybe she's going downhill because of Ally/Mario, because that's the only MU she can struggle in because of his great amount of KO options and how he can combo her back just as well.

Ah, the joys of Smash 4 lol

-NBM-

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

And what was that dream? :p

Yeah, there's this one Puff main named Serynder that goes to the Xanadu regional tournaments in Baltimore MD that's one of the better players there. I forgot his gamer tag until now, but he hasn't done too bad with Puff there even if he isn't a top pro or a top tier user. But outside of regionals, Puff just can't survive. Heck, even at that regional the Puff main isn't overly dominant. The top player at Xanadu now is Wadi (Mewtwo), with the 2nd best being Pink Fresh (Bayonetta, Lucas occasionally).

And I'm not sure either. I think she's about equally as bad. But at least in Brawl the balance was so bad that there were somehow characters worse than her (Brawl Ganon lol), but now...she can't survive, not in low tier tournaments nor otherwise.

She is definitely the worst character in Smash 4 if vanilla Miis aren't counted. It's tragic.

-NBM-
I'm not really sure. Parts of it became a blur a few hours after I woke up from it, but it wasn't a pleasant one. All I remember for sure is that it was in this dark hospital-type setting with some semi-futuristic elements involved and it almost felt like being inside a horror movie. Not sure I'd call it a nightmare, but what I remember of it was rather unsettling.

That might be the person I was thinking of. In any case I'm just glad at least some people still give her some loyalty and love.

Sounds about right; the rest of the roster is balanced overall (much better than Brawl's for sure) so if she is about as bad as her Brawl counterpart, yeah, I'd agree that she definitely can't keep up with the others now because of that.

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Speaking of character viability...Sheik in the current meta puzzles me. Her matchup spread is freaking amazing, and possibly the best in the roster, and yet...she hasn't appeared in Grand Finals in a long time. Heck, characters like Captain Falcon have appeared in Grand Finals more recently than Sheik has (and Fatality did it twice in the past couple of months). Is her MU chart really that good if she hasn't been making GFs of national tournaments recently? I honestly don't know...I'm beginning to think she could slip out of the top 5, and Diddy-Bayo-Sonic-Mario-Cloud will be my new top 5.

It's tough though. She's still an amazing character, and fares really well in the Cloud and Fox matchups, specifically...maybe she's going downhill because of Ally/Mario, because that's the only MU she can struggle in because of his great amount of KO options and how he can combo her back just as well.

Ah, the joys of Smash 4 lol

-NBM-
Might be less of a character thing and more to due with the professional players themselves in this instance. She and her players might make a comeback at some point.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I'm not really sure. Parts of it became a blur a few hours after I woke up from it, but it wasn't a pleasant one. All I remember for sure is that it was in this dark hospital-type setting with some semi-futuristic elements involved and it almost felt like being inside a horror movie. Not sure I'd call it a nightmare, but what I remember of it was rather unsettling.

That might be the person I was thinking of. In any case I'm just glad at least some people still give her some loyalty and love.

Sounds about right; the rest of the roster is balanced overall (much better than Brawl's for sure) so if she is about as bad as her Brawl counterpart, yeah, I'd agree that she definitely can't keep up with the others now because of that.

Might be less of a character thing and more to due with the professional players themselves in this instance. She and her players might make a comeback at some point.
NBM

I hope so. Mr. R picked up Cloud as a secondary, which could be due to the toughness of the Mario and Mewtwo matchups, and Void has solo mained Sheik for a while, but hasn't been as consistent lately.

Here's also an MU chart I made for Mario:

Definite loss: Sonic is the only character that Mario has trouble fighting against. Optimal Sonic is campy, and Mario's stocky Italian body can't catch the blue blur. Ally's beaten Komorikiri consistently, but I've noticed that aside from ZeRo, Komo might be Ally's toughest opponent.

Slight loss or even: These characters could be loses for Mario, but could also be 50:50. Mario can combo all of them really well, but the range on their swords is just frustrating to play against sometimes, especially Cloud and Corrin.

Very even: Tough to pick who wins if each player of each character in the MU is at equal skill.

Slight win or even: These characters could still win against Mario, but it's a step up in difficulty. As I mentioned before, Sheik is in this tier of MU. She could still beat Mario, but Mario has a slightly easier time beating Sheik than the other way around.

Definite win: Upsets happen, but they're rare at the top level. With these characters, they could beat Mario, but it's most certainly a steep climb for them.

Easy money: Ganon and Pac get obliterated by Mario. If a Mario were to lose against one of these two at the top level, it'd be embarrassing for sure.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

This has to be some kind of joke.....

...nope. It isn't. This is actually happening.
Like two days after Ultra Sun and Moon get announced, Bubsy rises from the grave. I couldn't believe it myself, I had to check numerous times to make sure. The Steam re-releases of the first two games were a ****ing sign...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

If I had any shred of hope for humanity left inside of me, that trailer took it.
Hey, it could be worse.

I think.

...but it does still look pretty bad from those clips.

Like two days after Ultra Sun and Moon get announced, Bubsy rises from the grave. I couldn't believe it myself, I had to check numerous times to make sure. The Steam re-releases of the first two games were a ****ing sign...
I definitely never saw anything like this coming. I guess the thought might've rarely crossed my mind a few times, but I didn't think it'd ever really happen. It really was a sign...

I want to think this is going to be a train wreck. Maybe it's too early to tell but the older games never really fared that well, and this brief trailer didn't really show any improvements other than updated graphics (if that even counts for much of anything) and the fact that Bubsy seemingly walks at a normal speed for once. Which isn't saying much.

But hey, on the bright side.....it's still gonna be much better than Bubsy 3D, right? :lol:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey, everyone. Nice to see this thread still lives on and I hope everyone is doing well :shades:

I'll pop up here and there, so my b in advance if I take a while to respond.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I definitely never saw anything like this coming. I guess the thought might've rarely crossed my mind a few times, but I didn't think it'd ever really happen. It really was a sign...

I want to think this is going to be a train wreck. Maybe it's too early to tell but the older games never really fared that well, and this brief trailer didn't really show any improvements other than updated graphics (if that even counts for much of anything) and the fact that Bubsy seemingly walks at a normal speed for once. Which isn't saying much.

But hey, on the bright side.....it's still gonna be much better than Bubsy 3D, right? :lol:
2017, the year where Mario gets a 64 styled 3D platformer, Crash gets a remaster, and Bubsy gets a revival. What a year.

I mean, it still looks bad. The first game is the best one in the series and it's still quite bad, and it only gets worse with Bubsy 3D and the Jaguar game being flaming garbage. Yes, there was a Bubsy game on the Atari Jaguar, not everyone knows that.

And that's still an extremely low bar.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Hey, everyone. Nice to see this thread still lives on and I hope everyone is doing well :shades:

I'll pop up here and there, so my b in advance if I take a while to respond.

Understandable. Brief or not, it's great to see you again.

2017, the year where Mario gets a 64 styled 3D platformer, Crash gets a remaster, and Bubsy gets a revival. What a year.

I mean, it still looks bad. The first game is the best one in the series and it's still quite bad, and it only gets worse with Bubsy 3D and the Jaguar game being flaming garbage. Yes, there was a Bubsy game on the Atari Jaguar, not everyone knows that.

And that's still an extremely low bar.
...it's definitely an oddball year for games now if nothing else.

Oh yeah. I think I've heard of the Jaguar game, but I don't really remember much about it compared to the other games.

And unless another trailer miraculously shows a different and seriously improved build from what we see in this teaser, I think I am just going to keep betting on it being another train wreck. And real as it is, I can't help but wonder....if it might even be a "joke" game of sorts, if that even makes any sense. Because it honestly doesn't look like they're putting much effort into improving this botched franchise in what's apparently supposed to be a serious attempt to resurrect it.

Yes, yes it is. And I have to say it is not "better than nothing". :p

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
17 Octavias

...it's definitely an oddball year for games now if nothing else.
I also forgot about Sonic getting a 2D game in the style of the Genesis games. And yes, this is a bizarre year for games.
Oh yeah. I think I've heard of the Jaguar game, but I don't really remember much about it compared to the other games.
Considering the fact that it was on a console that didn't sell well, I don't blame you for not knowing much about it.
And unless another trailer miraculously shows a different and seriously improved build from what we see in this teaser, I think I am just going to keep betting on it being another train wreck. And real as it is, I can't help but wonder....if it might even be a "joke" game of sorts, if that even makes any sense. Because it honestly doesn't look like they're putting much effort into improving this botched franchise in what's apparently supposed to be a serious attempt to resurrect it.
It seems sort of like that sequel to Bad Rats where it was made because they knew how popular the first game got due to how abysmal it was. Seems sort of like that to me...
Yes, yes it is. And I have to say it is not "better than nothing". :p
I've been laughing this whole time because the entire idea of this is so stupid and the fact that they're actually going with it. The only thing that would be funnier than this would be if this was all just an elaborate prank to fool the entire internet but I doubt it, haha.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Considering the fact that it was on a console that didn't sell well, I don't blame you for not knowing much about it.
I think I first heard about it via Somecallmejohnny's video review on the series.

I decided to rewatch that video again just now, and....yeah, the Jaguar game along with the rest of the sequels seemed to only keep bringing the franchise further and further down.

It seems sort of like that sequel to Bad Rats where it was made because they knew how popular the first game got due to how abysmal it was. Seems sort of like that to me...
I wouldn't be surprised if that or something very similar was the case, honestly.

I've been laughing this whole time because the entire idea of this is so stupid and the fact that they're actually going with it. The only thing that would be funnier than this would be if this was all just an elaborate prank to fool the entire internet but I doubt it, haha.
Pranks and hoaxes like that aren't unheard of, so it is a possibility that this game is too, if only a slight one.

I'm actually not entirely sure how I'd feel if this turned out to be one of those, but if nothing else I'd definitely be a little relieved.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I think I first heard about it via Somecallmejohnny's video review on the series.

I decided to rewatch that video again just now, and....yeah, the Jaguar game along with the rest of the sequels seemed to only keep bringing the franchise further and further down.
Yeah, that's also where I caught wind of the Jaguar version

And what the hell, are we the same person or something? Because I had rewatched that video like a little earlier ago.
I wouldn't be surprised if that or something very similar was the case, honestly.
It's not unheard of, for example, Birdemic 2. Also, random fun fact: the director of the Birdemic movies tried to raise money through an Indiegogo campaign to fund a potential 3rd movie. He wanted $500,000 for the movie, he only got $600 which I don't think is even a percent of what he wanted.
Pranks and hoaxes like that aren't unheard of, so it is a possibility that this game is too, if only a slight one.

I'm actually not entirely sure how I'd feel if this turned out to be one of those, but if nothing else I'd definitely be a little relieved.
They probably wouldn't go through all this trouble to have a working game only to fool people so it's not likely.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

"What could possibly go wrong?"
Just about everything, Bubsby. Just about everything....

Yeah, that's also where I caught wind of the Jaguar version

And what the hell, are we the same person or something? Because I had rewatched that video like a little earlier ago.
We could be...."The X-Files theme starts playing"

..seriously speaking though, that makes me wonder; with word of the new game quickly spreading, I wonder if that video's going to get a lot more views again soon..

It's not unheard of, for example, Birdemic 2. Also, random fun fact: the director of the Birdemic movies tried to raise money through an Indiegogo campaign to fund a potential 3rd movie. He wanted $500,000 for the movie, he only got $600 which I don't think is even a percent of what he wanted.
Unfortunately in that case, it seems Birdemic 2 didn't even really get making fun of itself down right. That's probably a major reason as to why the funding for the potential 3rd film failed so badly.

They probably wouldn't go through all this trouble to have a working game only to fool people so it's not likely.
Yeah....

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I am not a conspiracy theorist
And it shows.
We could be...."The X-Files theme starts playing"

..seriously speaking though, that makes me wonder; with word of the new game quickly spreading, I wonder if that video's going to get a lot more views again soon..
:seuss:

It probably could, yeah. And Johnny is definitely gonna do a video on the new game when it comes out so we don't have to play it. The Jontron video on Bubsy could also get more views as well.
Unfortunately in that case, it seems Birdemic 2 didn't even really get making fun of itself down right. That's probably a major reason as to why the funding for the potential 3rd film failed so badly.
Likewise, Bad Rats 2 wasn't absolutely terrible like the first game which killed the "charm" that people were morbidly attached to for some reason. Birdemic 2 is just as awful if not worse than the first movie but has none of the "charm" the first movie had.

Top Bottom