• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Now just need 2 more W's for a sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

(....I need to stop staying up this late on Friday nights unless for some reason I'd legitimately have something important I'd need to or could be doing overnight.)
What are you talking about, indulge and stay up all night long. Yes, listen to me, the guy with the ****ty sleep schedule, surely nothing can go wrong. :upsidedown:
I meant Body Swap, but thank you for the information on both. Yeah, the devs have done quite a lot with the game since it's release, and they've been really nice to their fans as well, for reasons you've already mentioned. I knew the game was a hit when it released but I never expected it to come this far.

Shovel Knight never once struck me as a game that'd be designed for Co-op, but I can see it still working smoothly enough with it. The original Half-Life never struck me as a possible Co-op game either, but a couple months ago my friends and I got together to play a game called Sven Co-op, which is a mod that allows you to play that game and various fanmade maps for it over an Internet connection with friends. It was absolutely chaotic for sure, but it actually worked pretty nicely and wasn't a near-unplayable mess either. Kinda neat how even if a game isn't really designed for Co-op to begin with it can possibly still play decently if it's added on to it later.
They pretty much went from having a mere 328K budget to having to borrow from friends and family when that budget finally ran out before the game's release to making loads of money off of the game and selling over 1 million copies (which is a lot for an indie game like this). Yeah, I'd say they've gotten pretty far.

It does look like fun, and it definitely looks like they knew what to do and what not to do with it. A chaotic mess would be something like the New Super Mario games with 4 players and 3D World with 4 players which is somehow even wilder.
Agreed. I kinda wish I could see the friends I know IRL more often, but again, real life and growing up makes that a bit harder over time. I'm grateful I can at least still communicate with them distantly and that I can meet others online as well.

To answer that question, honestly, I've felt that way many times in my life.
Yeah...

I asked that question for an obvious reason.
Definitely. Genndy Tartakovsky has been handling the final season very well. Dunno if I have a favorite episode out of them yet, but I will say I really liked the drama and tension in the second episode. Not to mention the beginning scene which felt like a big burst of nostalgia (and it was also comedy gold, which is normal for most scenes involving Aku.).

I believe it's premiering tomorrow, in fact. ....or, rather, today, technically, considering what time it is by the time I had this posted.
Yup. And Greg Baldwin, the replacement voice for Aku, did a good job though yeah, it's not quite the same but it's a hard role to replace and he does fit the role well.

Or rather, it has already aired at the time of this post.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Definitely. Genndy Tartakovsky has been handling the final season very well. Dunno if I have a favorite episode out of them yet, but I will say I really liked the drama and tension in the second episode. Not to mention the beginning scene which felt like a big burst of nostalgia (and it was also comedy gold, which is normal for most scenes involving Aku.)
Psychiatrist Aku was one of the best things to come from this season. :V
And that's saying a lot, since this season is awesome.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

What are you talking about, indulge and stay up all night long. Yes, listen to me, the guy with the ****ty sleep schedule, surely nothing can go wrong. :upsidedown:
I'm totally gonna take that advice, every last piece of it.

They pretty much went from having a mere 328K budget to having to borrow from friends and family when that budget finally ran out before the game's release to making loads of money off of the game and selling over 1 million copies (which is a lot for an indie game like this). Yeah, I'd say they've gotten pretty far.

It does look like fun, and it definitely looks like they knew what to do and what not to do with it. A chaotic mess would be something like the New Super Mario games with 4 players and 3D World with 4 players which is somehow even wilder.
I'm very impressed with how far they've managed to come. And I'm glad it's come as far as it has, too. It's nice.

I rarely play Mario games with friends myself but I've seen multiplayer in action quite a few times with different groups of people playing it together. The mess only gets worse when they can't manage to cooperate with each other lol.

Yeah...

I asked that question for an obvious reason.
You've felt that too I'm assuming?

Like I said I've been that way for a pretty good portion of my life. I don't know if it makes sense to say I've felt that way even with people that I have met IRL, but I have.

Yup. And Greg Baldwin, the replacement voice for Aku, did a good job though yeah, it's not quite the same but it's a hard role to replace and he does fit the role well.

Or rather, it has already aired at the time of this post.
Yeah, you can tell it's different from the original voice, but at the same time Greg does do a good emulation of it. And the writing for the character is just as clever as ever if not more.

I'm probably gonna get to it either later tonight or maybe very early tomorrow morning.

Psychiatrist Aku was one of the best things to come from this season. :V
And that's saying a lot, since this season is awesome.
The entire scene with Aku was one of the best things to come from this season, but that part was it's highlight lol

Agreed on that second note btw.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I rarely play Mario games with friends myself but I've seen multiplayer in action quite a few times with different groups of people playing it together. The mess only gets worse when they can't manage to cooperate with each other lol.
It's worse when you have that one guy. You know the guy, the one that throws other players to their doom and bubbles at the end of the level when they're the only one left standing.
You've felt that too I'm assuming?
Currently feeling it...
Yeah, you can tell it's different from the original voice, but at the same time Greg does do a good emulation of it. And the writing for the character is just as clever as ever if not more.
Yup, he also did Iroh for season 3 of Avatar and did the role pretty well there.
I'm probably gonna get to it either later tonight or maybe very early tomorrow morning.
I'll get to it soonish.
I'm totally gonna take that advice, every last piece of it.
Good, you're learning :upsidedown:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's worse when you have that one guy. You know the guy, the one that throws other players to their doom and bubbles at the end of the level when they're the only one left standing.
I saw this happen all too frequently when I used to watch Let's Plays of some of those games. As a young teen I watched LPs like that very often.

And I have to admit I always enjoyed laughing at them and the fact that half of the time they were at each other's throats. Nowadays I'd probably consider watching those something of a minor guilty pleasure.

Currently feeling it...
Would you mind explaining that any further?

Yup, he also did Iroh for season 3 of Avatar and did the role pretty well there.
I heard. He's replaced Mako following his passing in a couple roles like that, IIRC.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
69 I'm going to take a nap. I was feeling tired a bit earlier..

Also for those ponies who haven't seen the premier for S7 watch it whenever it comes to YouTube :p

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's someone I sit right next to in a class of mine. I can't muster up anything and try and actually talk to them.
Hm, do you know much about them? Do you share any similar interests? Something to do with the class itself, maybe? Just some possible ways of starting a conversation.

I get that the attempt to talk to someone new at all to begin with is a different matter and might be tougher, though. If that's the reason why you haven't talked to them yet.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Hm, do you know much about them? Do you share any similar interests? Something to do with the class itself, maybe? Just some possible ways of starting a conversation.

I get that the attempt to talk to someone new at all to begin with is a different matter and might be tougher, though. If that's the reason why you haven't talked to them yet.
Not a whole lot, we exchanged a few words one time and I helped them with something because they were absent the previous class. As for interests, I know we both share interest in a particular career field, different parts of it but it's still in the same field; that part we found out by complete ****ing luck.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Not a whole lot, we exchanged a few words one time and I helped them with something because they were absent the previous class. As for interests, I know we both share interest in a particular career field, different parts of it but it's still in the same field; that part we found out by complete ****ing luck.
How long ago was that? Might not be too late to bring up some conversation again.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
There's an opportunity, then. But you said you just can't muster up anything to talk to them?
Well, I should clarify. I can talk to my friends no problem and I do quip to other people when the chance is too good to pass up. I've spoken to this person a grand total of two times, first time was literally was a few words and falls under the latter category, second time was when they needed help (which was also when we found out about an interest we share) and I don't stay quiet when that occurs (when I know what I'm doing anyway). But when it comes to conversations, I can't start one for the life of me with people I don't know that well or barely talked to. That's what I was getting at, that was not worded too well on my end.

Top Bottom