• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
:211:

Hello thread that stopped giving me notifications.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
That's not even Pokémon number 0 in the National Dex, AEM, get with the program. :p

:001:

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
maybe but it's the only one that has ever officially been zero dont ruin my meme .\ _ /.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
:002:

And now for a random statement about my characters in Smash:

So I think it's a pretty safe bet to say Mewtwo's my best character at the moment. I play a lot of 1v1 matches, and when I get really good opponents I do try to test out most of my characters against them, but it's usually Mewtwo who has the most success, either beating them or holding up far better than any other character of mine. Greninja and King Dedede follow behind him somewhat closely.

He's also one of the few characters I can perform any combos with. I'm very not good at doing combos otherwise.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
:005:

I've stopped playing Smash at this point, sadly... I can never find any time to play it, and I just don't have any motivation to try and get better. I'll probably get back to it in a few months or so, depends on how I feel.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
:002:

And now for a random statement about my characters in Smash:

So I think it's a pretty safe bet to say Mewtwo's my best character at the moment. I play a lot of 1v1 matches, and when I get really good opponents I do try to test out most of my characters against them, but it's usually Mewtwo who has the most success, either beating them or holding up far better than any other character of mine. Greninja and King Dedede follow behind him somewhat closely.

He's also one of the few characters I can perform any combos with. I'm very not good at doing combos otherwise.
Congrats on honing in your Mewtwo skills, bud!

For me, I've gotten noticably better with Mario. I say this because against a close friend of mine who is also my sparring partner, his best character is Marth and both of us are at approximately equal skill level. Whenever I play as Mario against his Marth, we take games off each other 50-50, and the matches are almost always close. However, with my Fox, Ness, and Mewtwo, I can't seem to beat him consistently with any of those three. Ironically, despite Mario's attack range, I'm able to get in against the Marth wall and take my friend's Marth.

I still have yet to attend a smash 4 tournament, but I'd love to attend a local one day. Maybe that day will be once school dies down. We'll see.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I don't play it nearly as much as I used to myself. Partly because I've spent more free time playing other games and partly because of, well, real life, which is more important. I've had to focus more on my education and I've got more responsibilities to handle. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's still nice to spend some free time just playing a video game.

I don't even really play it competitively, but I enjoy it enough to want to get better regardless.

Congrats on honing in your Mewtwo skills, bud!

For me, I've gotten noticably better with Mario. I say this because against a close friend of mine who is also my sparring partner, his best character is Marth and both of us are at approximately equal skill level. Whenever I play as Mario against his Marth, we take games off each other 50-50, and the matches are almost always close. However, with my Fox, Ness, and Mewtwo, I can't seem to beat him consistently with any of those three. Ironically, despite Mario's attack range, I'm able to get in against the Marth wall and take my friend's Marth.

I still have yet to attend a smash 4 tournament, but I'd love to attend a local one day. Maybe that day will be once school dies down. We'll see.
Thanks. And nice stuff. Would you say Mario is your best character overall, then?

I've never attended a tournament for any of the Smash games. I'd like to someday, even if only once, just to have that experience one time.

I did however participate in an online Brawl tournament once. I lost pretty quickly though. :laugh:

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Thanks. And nice stuff. Would you say Mario is your best character overall, then?

I've never attended a tournament for any of the Smash games. I'd like to someday, even if only once, just to have that experience one time.

I did however participate in an online Brawl tournament once. I lost pretty quickly though. :laugh:
I would definitely say that he is my best character. I've tried to play Fox recently, but I've lost my touch with the space animal. I'm significantly more consistent with Mario now. Even against big as heck swords like Marth and Corrin, I have more wins with Mario against those characters than I do with Fox, ironically. As of late, concerning the top tiers I'm better with Fox in the Sonic matchup, but other than that it's a toss up or I'm better with Mario.

And aw, that's lame. I hope you had fun though. Brawl was an interesting game concerning competitive balance haha. Here's my own general tier list concerning competitive viableness for the Brawl cast:
Overpowered/If you don't pick one of these characters, you're doing it wrong :p : :metaknight: > :popo:
Top tier/not quite overpowered but close: :diddy:=:olimar:=:marth:>:snake:>:pikachu2:=:falco:
High tier/good characters: :zerosuitsamus:>:wario:>:lucario:>:dedede:=:toonlink:>:gw:>:fox:=:wolf:>:rob:
Middle tier/average/still appears in top 8: :pit:> :kirby2:=:peach:>:ike:=:sonic:>:ness2:=:sheik:
Low tier/struggle is real: :luigi2:>:pt:=:lucas:=:yoshi2:>:mario2:=:samus2:>:bowser2:=:falcon:>:link2:>:zelda:>:jigglypuff:>:ganondorf:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
9 foolish samurai warriors wielding a magic sword

I don't play it nearly as much as I used to myself. Partly because I've spent more free time playing other games and partly because of, well, real life, which is more important. I've had to focus more on my education and I've got more responsibilities to handle. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's still nice to spend some free time just playing a video game.
My gaming time in the past week has been focused on Specter of Torment now that it came out on Steam, and Banjo-Kazooie for a very obvious reason (though it'll be some time before I get to playing Yooka-Laylee). I definitely played Smash way more in 2015, the time took a hard drop like around mid-2016 and hasn't recovered since. And yep, real life's a thing. Preparing for college, and other interesting and strange discoveries in life.
How quickly are we talking here? :p

Top Bottom