• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Just recently, I have finished watching the two-part pilot episode of MLP to finally put my skepticism to rest. It was an interesting experience, to say the least. It took the part where Fluttershy took the thorn out of the manticore's paw for me to figure out that the entire group - consisting of Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash - ARE the Elements of Harmony. ...Well, at least the spirits of them.

I finally figured out why people are in to this show. It's endearing. The characters are so full of personality and happiness. It does pull on a person's heartstrings about how much the power of friendship could mean.

So what does this mean for me? Well, ultimately, my feelings are mixed. It was an ok watch, I understood what was happening, and it was kinda funny at parts, but... I didn't feel a pull. The show simply didn't grab me enough to continue watching it. That's what ultimately makes my decision about a series. I need to watch one episode to completion to see if I can get that pull, advertisements aren't quite enough. Sadly, MLP did not give me that pull. I felt it was a bit too cutesy and juvenile for my tastes.

So my ultimate outcome is this; I greatly apologize to all of you, but I have not converted to bronyism. I'm just glad I actually did watch an episode to get a full opinion on the matter.

Thank you for taking your time to hear me out, and I really hope that there's no hard feelings.

-AEKenNeutron

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's fine. Everyone's got a different opinion.

The fact that you took the time to watch the beginner and at least give it a try is something I very much appreciate.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

In other news, I'm thinking of changing my avi again.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Tell me what you don't like about the show.

I...I just want to know.

Everyone except for Dipper act like they don't use their brain (even then Dipper has his moment's at times as well), Comedy feels "Childish" (doing random things that are counterproductive, annoying, and/or Stupidly illogical (ie doing something like intentionally waking something up that could kill you, trying something like a candy that was banned, or going into an area that was blocked off because of reasons..)
What vector pony should I make next?
Sunset Shimmer :p

Luig

Confused

Hey!

Story-
So we got 3 goldfish in health class yesterday, and today we named them.
These are, no joke the names that won through voting...
Marijuana
Chancre
OVA

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Hey Luigi! So... Got some good news and some bad news.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Calling it, you watched mlp and didn't like it.
...Wow, it's like you read my mind.

Anyway, I typed out my retrospect in the last page. Feel free to take a read.

...I just realized, we're on page 3800 on this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom