• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

I understand what you mean. People should not think that their futures are already mapped out for them--that's their job. However, it still is important to realize that some things truly are out of our control. If people don't accept this, the consequences can be tragic. Many people important to me in real life have blamed themselves for things they couldn't possibly have stopped--they needed to forgive themselves and realize that chance does play a role sometimes.
i think my sig is enough for my stance on that

though i guess it depends on what you mean exactly by "out of our control"
because after all, all i'm stating is that no one decides what we take/do with the course of our life, but our selves, despite what we hear/do/face its up to ourselves to pull out of our messes and fortunes to put us where we want

if your talking about factors that involved other people, natural occurrences, or the scientific laws that bind us, then we are on two whole different fields mate, ones that can't be compared

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
i think my sig is enough for my stance on that

though i guess it depends on what you mean exactly by "out of our control"
because after all, all i'm stating is that no one decides what we take/do with the course of our life, but our selves, despite what we hear/do/face its up to ourselves to pull out of our messes and fortunes to put us where we want

if your talking about factors that involved other people, natural occurrences, or the scientific laws that bind us, then we are on two whole different fields mate, ones that can't be compared
In my opinion, what you were stating was true, but it's an incomplete picture of reality. When taking into account such things that are not under our control, then a better statement about the world around us can be made.
I have to go now, but I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed discussing this with you. :)

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Looks like this thread has gone to sleep for the night. I shall take my leave, now. Good night, people!

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

In my opinion, what you were stating was true, but it's an incomplete picture of reality. When taking into account such things that are not under our control, then a better statement about the world around us can be made.
I have to go now, but I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed discussing this with you. :)
i never said that all things happen to us under our control, like i said before that the factors of other people, things in nature, and science laws, and thousands of things happen all around us, we can not control when/where/what these things take, but we can control how we respond to these occurrences, we can control what we do to these events, and from then on influence new ones that will take place

we don't adapt ourselves to the world and move on, instead we adapt the world to ourselves to make progress

and of course, the feeling is mutual
its always grand to hear another opinion and even better to discuss it

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Top Bottom