• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I was going to say Dead Hand next. That is one freakish looking thing. :p
Also, Redeads in Wind Waker may be the best re-imagining of an enemy concept ever.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Yeah, they're pretty pesky. Remember how huge the one in the Spirit Temple is, since you fight it as child Link? :p
That's pretty cool, honestly.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Spirit Temple is my favorite ( the music is mostly responsible for that. :p )

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's a pretty awesome place too. Love how they gave it a supernatural feel on top of the forest feel.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I did it when 100%ing the game a while back. Honestly, a few certain pieces of heart was the only thing I think I had to look up. >: (

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
I've never 100%ed OoT, even though I consider it my favorite game, but meh, I don't need to get everything in games that I play, though I'll probably get to it eventually.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I THINK I got all the Gold Skulltulas once before, but I could be wrong.

In term of OoT's Temples:

Forest Temple and Shadow Temple have my favorite themes and atmospheres.

Fire Temple is pretty dang cool too (Flare Dancers are one of my favorite mini-bosses from the series)

Water Temple has a cool design but because it's basically one gigantic maze....I hate going through it. Same applies to nearly every other Water Dungeon in 3D. Almost all of them have so many different paths to take and all have one gigantic mechanism of some kind (usually something that affects what rooms you can access at certain times. OoT had some designs on some walls that would raise the water level by playing Zelda's Lullaby near it, Great Bay Temple had various pumps that had to be changed or turned on by switches, and from what I recall, most of them had an influence on the direction the faster, stronger water was heading in in a few rooms, and Twilight Princess' Lakebed Temple had a gigantic staircase in one room, you would have to travel certain parts of it and grab onto a huge ceiling handle to make it face different directions, allow access to other rooms while cutting off access to others. The design of the room doesn't make it easy to just switch it back and forth at will.) that you need to go to various rooms or different parts of one room to operate, which often means you'll have to backtrack a LOT if you make even one little mistake.

Spirit Temple was one of the most fun to play through, and IMO it has the best music (along with Shadow Temple, but that's probably just my whole creepy theme bias).

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I love creepy stuff too. But I may actually like the Bottom of the Well's feel more than the Shadow Temple.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I honestly felt the Bottom of the Well felt more like a torture chamber than the Shadow Temple itself did. Considering all the chains, cages, and bloodstained floors in the one center room, as well as the large number of bones and skeletons scattered about throughout it.

Heck, its only theory, but considering how similar the two places are in design, the Bottom of the Well could very well be a deep section of the Shadow Temple itself, that somehow got sealed off from the rest.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

Yeah, that's honestly why I may like it more than the Shadow Temple. The temple wasn't really clear what it was exactly ( other than a pretty creepy place, ) but the bottom of the well had a rather definitive atmosphere. I thought it was mentioned somewhere it was used to imprison enemies of the Royal Family? Idk...

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Heck, its only theory, but considering how similar the two places are in design, the Bottom of the Well could very well be a deep section of the Shadow Temple itself, that somehow got sealed off from the rest.
Considering that that's where Impa imprisoned Bongo Bongo, that theory could be correct.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
The scene where the dark spirit comes up from the well is really eerie, but I have to admit it's also sort of funny to see Sheik flying around.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I think Bongo Bongo once used the Well himself, didn't he? (or was it at least hinted at it?) I thought his house was once located where the Well was before he destroyed it.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
It's definitely said that the owner of the Lens Of Truth used to have a house where the well was ( so potentially the well is the house. )

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

That would definitely explain all the cages and chains. He probably imprisoned and tormented people there. The skeletons are likely the remains of people he killed either by torturing, or just outright killing if they somehow discovered what he was doing and failed to escape from him. The Gibdos in the Well's coffin room might have been people he mummified.

I do wonder where enemies like Dead Hand came from though. Is it just some kind of person who became cursed before/after dying? Did Bongo Bongo create them? Did Ganondorf create them? Were they ever human in the first place, and why are they guarding treasures in the Well and Shadow Temple?

Given the whole "giant hand" theme, I wouldn't be too surprised if Bongo Bongo had created the Dead Hands (or at least the one in the Well).

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
He was human according to an account. His home was located right where the well was and he didn't like what the Sheikah were doing for the royal family so he destroyed his own home to show everyone what they were doing and was excecuted for treason. Honestly one of the most terrifying parts of nightmare fuel from the game. Very good creepy story imo
Posted this a while back. The person that turned into bongo bongo was a brother to the composer brothers. The Well and the Shadow temple were probably once connected

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Oddly enough though, I could swear they it was said he had some kind of relation to the Royal Family. I can't remember if it was one of loyalty of hatred though.
If he served the Royal Family, then that's pretty dark. Hyrule's royalty would have apparently been studying some pretty dark magic if he were doing it under their orders.

Maybe I should look at a text dump though. Me speculating without knowing exactly what was said is kinda fruitless. >.<

EDIT: The text about the Lens Of Truth is only this:
A long time ago...
There was a man in this very
village who had an eye they said
could see the truth!
Now usually, you have to train
your mind's eye most strenuously
to actually see the truth...
But this fella, no, they say he
had a different way of doing
things...
His house stood where the well is
now...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I like talking about Zelda lore. I've read about it for so long and have never really gotten to talk about it with anyone else before. :p

The Shadow Temple is implied to have once been used for executions and/or imprisonments, I believe. Walking through some of the earlier corridors, when you get close enough to certain walls (many of which have identical designs on them) they say things like "Shadow Temple...here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred...".

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Yeah, they definitely hint there that Hyrule isn't as grand as it's cracked up to be.
One of the composer brothers says this:
I am one of the ghostly composer
brothers of Kakariko Village.
All the people in this village are
born to serve the Royal Family of
Hyrule.
We brothers also served the Royal
Family, and were assigned to
study the hereditary mystic
powers of the family.
Though we never could figure out
the power of the Triforce,
we had almost completed our
study of controlling time with the
tones of ocarinas.
Uh, I mean...
Actually, we did complete that
study!
We would have been famous, if
that hateful Ganondorf had not
tried to steal our results.
We could never let him reap the
fruits of our research!
That's why we gave our lives to
protect the secret.
It could have a connection with the Well and Temple.

EDIT: Here's some more of his lines
What? You again?
Somehow, you remind me of...
Princess Zelda...
Hmm... Since you may have some
connection with the Royal Family, I
will tell you a little more of our
tale.
Back then, people called us great
composers because of the many
musical masterpieces we wrote.
But we brothers were not just