• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

And if you knew where he was you could use bombs to get him to appear.. Which is something you wouldn't have known at the time because they never hinted it..

I found that out after doing some research. If only I had gone to the Well first, at least that way I would be able to use it to tell where it would dig up in the Shadow Temple fight.

Apart from not being afraid of it anymore, it's actually one of my favorite mini-bosses in the series now, I have a lot of fun fighting it. :laugh:

In spite of that, I was never scared of Redeads or Gibdos (more so annoyed by how constantly they would freeze me in place) I was never scared of Floormasters, and Wallmasters only surprised when I first encountered one. I didn't dread the thought of seeing their shadows over me or getting grabbed by them, yet when I got on the Internet I soon saw fellow Zelda fans tell stories about how those enemies were basically the nightmares of their childhood. Yet I rarely ever saw anyone bring up Dead Hand.

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Did anybody notice that Link defeats Ganon differently in the original OoT than in OoT 3D? In the original OoT, Link finished Ganon off by stabbing him in the mouth, while in OoT 3D he stabs him in the head through the jewel or near it.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Redeads scared the crap out of me in Windwaker. It was my first Zelda game and as such my first encounter with one. The scream made me drop the controller. Creepiest enemies ever. The ones in OoT never scared me as much since their face doesn't do that thing that WW ones did with the red eyes and all.

82 Redeads.

Did anybody notice that Link defeats Ganon differently in the original OoT than in OoT 3D? In the original OoT, Link finished Ganon off by stabbing him in the mouth, while in OoT 3D he stabs him in the head through the jewel or near it.
I'm looking this up right now.

Yup it is different. I dunno why they changed it..

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I will admit to being freaked out the first time I saw Redeads in Wind Waker. I was in the Private Cabana's secret cave (a sewer-like mini-dungeon with a Triforce Chart in it) when I dropped down a one-way hole into a small room with two of them sitting on the ground. After a brief moment of wondering what the heck they were, I killed one with ease and then the other one immediately screamed at me. I killed it immediately after in a panic.

They never scared me after that, though. I knew what to expect from them and I didn't find their mere appearance and behavior frightening like I did with Dead Hand...

The first time I ever saw Redeads actually, was in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and since it was a sidescroller I couldn't even tell what they were supposed to be until I got their trophy.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
83 the thing that scared me were those skeleton children in Hyrule Field. Then I learned to stay in the water where they couldn't get me..

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

There were also some graphical changes after a few early released versions of the original OoT. Most of the original releases on the N64 version had Ganondorf cough up blood after being defeated, and when Link sliced at Ganon's head at the end, blood spew out of it. The colors of this blood was changed to green in later versions (including the 3DS remake of course) to tone the graphical violence down a bit.

83 the thing that scared me were those skeleton children in Hyrule Field. Then I learned to stay in the water where they couldn't get me..
Ah, the Stalchildren. I had fun fighting those, pair after another. It reminded me of being in some kind of zombie movie lol

The best thing about them was later on learning that defeating enough of them, you could get much larger versions of them to spawn. When I first got into Youtube I remember watching videos of people using mods to make the night last forever and get some Stalchildren that were almost as big as the field itself. :laugh:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I can barely understand any of that lol

Rainbow's voice doesn't sound too different, but Fluttershy's voice sounds quite different...is it just me?

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
89 the VAs are different also Eichörnchen is squirrel :p
I can understand a bit of it thanks to the German classes I've had..

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
99 it's not even snowing or anything, so it was probably a tree branch fell on the power line some where, I just hope it won'g be off as long as it was earlier today, well I guess it was actually yesterday.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
103 bob-ombs

Every time I get a blackout, I get really bored because I have nothing to do. Then I realize that I'm too dependent on electricity.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I usually play my 3DS or DS whenever the power goes out. Apart from that, sometimes I'll read some old Nickelodeon magazines again, and other times I'll play some card or board games with the rest of my family.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Anyone have one of those awkward moments when you take a nap, and wake up so cozy and comfortable where you just sit there lazily falling asleep and waking up about every 10 minutes for the next 2 hours

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
109 guilty :p I don't want to leave my bed because I'm too warm under my blankets and don't want to lose that heat :p

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Ya also cafe was brushed right along me too, further enforcing not to get up.
But now because of it, im behind on so much crap

Sigh, the problems of being lazy

Last edited:
Top Bottom