• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Trigger is a great game.

I personally liked Cross more, however.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
You miss out on things when you have only Nintendo consoles. Namely, about a 100 RPGs. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
14 Bob-ombs

I missed out on a lot of games from the '90s. I think the only major ones I played were a bunch of the Mario games.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I've missed out on countless games that were released before I was born as well as some that were released when I was still really young, like the first Paper Mario for example (until I got it on Virtual Console.) I got introduced to video games when I was like four or five.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Crono Trigger and Super Mario RPG are my most favorite retro RPGs. I've never played a Final Fantasy game before tho, I heard those were really good.

18 bob-ombs

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I was able to play and enjoy OoT and MM though. The first two Zeldas as well, one of my Christmas gifts one year (the same year and very day that I was introduced to video games for the first time) was the Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Sounds like you started off with a bang. :p
Also, think I'll stick with this avatar for a bit.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
21 what about Skyward? Imo it's a good game but the most annoying part about it is that you keep going to the same three areas over and over again. You don't really know who the final boss is unless you've played it or been spoiled. The middle of the plot feels more like it's just there to fill in details about the orgin of the master Sword..

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Never played it. I love LoZ but there are quite a few games in the series I haven't played. Spirit tracks, Awakening, Minish Cap, Skyward Sword, Link Between Worlds...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I loved Skyward Sword. Especially the combat part of the gameplay (sword combat in particular) and the characters. (I feel it has a few good twists and turns) The level design was really good too. The character development with Fi (your sidekick/companion character in SS basically) wasn't nearly as good as Midna's, but I still like her.

My only real complaint with the game is the lack of exploration. There are literally no hidden caves or anything, barely any hidden goodies apart from the Goddess Cubes (even those aren't too hard to find) even the Sky only has a small number of optional islands that have very little to discover apart from mini-games, and they're all easy to find. There's nowhere to just freely explore, you have to visit just about every location at some point in the main story, there's very little to discover in between it all. Even with all the backtracking and revisits, I felt the lack of exploration made it a bit too straightforward in some ways...

Also, the fact that you can't visit the surface at night is stupid.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

another thing about SS i didn't really like was that you knew what you're objective was in OoT. Get the spiritual stones and return to Zelda then Awaken the sages and stop Ganondorf. SS's objectives were all over the place. Get this get that oh there was another thing you could get here but due to story reasons we never told what it was until you needed to do it..

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Some somewhat small story and boss spoilers in this one:
Hmm, I don't really remember it being like that, but maybe that's just me. Also I've not played a new file on SS in quite some time, too...

Another thing: The Imprisoned fights were kind of a let down. It looked epic when you see it in a dream at the very beginning, and then when you see it in person.....it has two short legs and feet with bulging white, out of place looking toes, which are it's weakness as well.

I guess the fights were kind of tedious, but I didn't mind fighting it repeatedly. I just think it's full design was rather poor and the base of the fights with it could've been a little bit better

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
33 Bob-ombs

I think the only LoZ games I played were OoT, MM, and WW. I remember not really liking MM because my 4 y.o brain couldn't comprehend the time limit, and I just aimlessly ran around town trying to stop the moon by talking to people.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The only Zelda games I've played are the Oracle games, Awakening, and Zelda 1 (which I wasn't that fond of).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

33 Bob-ombs

I think the only LoZ games I played OoT, MM, and WW. I remember not really liking MM because my 4 y.o brain couldn't comprehend the time limit, and I just aimlessly ran around town trying to stop the moon.
lol, that's actually quite a lot like how I was when I first played it for a while around the same age.

I knew the Moon was coming down to crash and that things kept resetting upon reaching the time limit, but had no idea what to do about it. Every time it reset I just kept repeating the Bomber's Quest and going to the Observatory, then just talk to people at random. I still couldn't read at the time so I never thought to look at the Clock Tower where Skull Kid was, so I never got the Moon's Tear until a few years later when I started playing it again. Sometimes, in vain, I would even hide in the underground Deku Scrub Playground mini-game area in hopes of surviving the Moon crash.

Everything changed when I could read and then got the Moon's Tear. :p Did you ever beat it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom