• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The grave where the Sun's Song is inscribed is full of Redeads and some kind of toxic liquid. Redeads and Gibdos are everywhere in the Shadow Temple as well, not to mention things like Floormasters, Wallmasters, and once again, Dead Hand.

Now, it's said that Ganondorf had created the Redeads himself I believe (at least in Melee's trophy of them. I don't believe this is directly mentioned in OoT itself) but that's specifically referring to the ones wandering about the remains of Hyrule's Market area. The fact that they're present in places like the Shadow Temple, and an underground location that was specially created to protect the secret of the Sun's Song has to mean that not all of them exist merely because of Ganondorf's magic...I think some of them were specifically placed there by those who may have had some kind of connection to the Royal Family or even the Sheikah, to act as guards. Another question is whether they too were just creations of magic or people who were transformed into them after death and forced to act as guards in the underground tombs and the Shadow Temple as a punishment for their crimes.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Actually I love talking about the history/ folklore of the Shadow temple and the well :p
I've read up on some of the theories as well :p

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

The grave where the Sun's Song is inscribed is full of Redeads and some kind of toxic liquid. Redeads and Gibdos are everywhere in the Shadow Temple as well, not to mention things like Floormasters, Wallmasters, and once again, Dead Hand.

Now, it's said that Ganondorf had created the Redeads himself I believe (at least in Melee's trophy of them. I don't believe this is directly mentioned in OoT itself) but that's specifically referring to the ones wandering about the remains of Hyrule's Market area. The fact that they're present in places like the Shadow Temple, and an underground location that was specially created to protect the secret of the Sun's Song has to mean that not all of them exist merely because of Ganondorf's magic...I think some of them were specifically placed there by those who may have had some kind of connection to the Royal Family or even the Sheikah, to act as guards. Another question is whether they too were just creations of magic or people who were transformed into them after death and forced to act as guards in the underground tombs and the Shadow Temple as a punishment for their crimes.
Good points there.

Something I'm thinking is:
It's possible the Bottom of the Well is from the Sheikah. The village used to be inhabited only by them, and I believe it was a secret place as well.
With the lines in the Shadow Temple about Hyrule's bloody history, the Sheikah may have took the Royal Family's enemies there and slaughtered them. Perhaps even some that were in fact innocent, as the Sheikah may have taken things too far.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
There was one theory that I remember. Bongo Bongo retreated to the Shadow temple so you could see the horrors that the Royal Family/Sheikah committed for your own eyes. Also This story beats Killager in terms of horror @SG9000 :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
163 Pieces of Zelda lore.

Good points there.

Something I'm thinking is:
It's possible the Bottom of the Well is from the Sheikah. The village used to be inhabited only by them, and I believe it was a secret place as well.
With the lines in the Shadow Temple about Hyrule's bloody history, the Sheikah may have took the Royal Family's enemies there and slaughtered them. Perhaps even some that were in fact innocent, as the Sheikah may have taken things too far.
That seems very likely given the presence of Redeads and other undead, human-like enemies in such locations, especially in areas located within Kakariko Village.

That would mean that it wasn't just Bongo Bongo using those the Well, though. Perhaps all of the executions performed by other Sheikah were more justified, but Bongo Bongo had other reasons for killing people and tried to keep it secret. Maybe that's how the Well's area was cut off from the rest of the Shadow Temple? Bongo Bongo may have done something to separate them on purpose and kept one half for himself, and the Sheikah never attempted to reopen a pathway to it,.

I'm guessing the Sheikah did discover it sometime after Bongo Bongo destroyed his house and had him executed, though, considering that it is from the well that Bongo Bongo escapes from later on when Link is an adult, and the fact that nothing blocks off the bottom of the well's entrance as a child except for tons of water. The Eye of Truth may have been hidden there either by Bongo Bongo himself in hopes of no one finding it, or the Sheikah hid it there to keep it's existence a secret out of fear someone else with evil intentions would find it.

EDIT: ^Actually, that's quite an interesting theory. I would've never thought about it that way.

Still certainly doesn't stop him from trying to kill you at the end of the Temple,though...

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
That's sounds like a pretty interesting theory too. I wonder if Bongo was a Shiekah...or is he a kind of compilation of disgruntled spirits, and was never strictly a human?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
More likely the Sheikah hid the lens of truth
I'd honestly place my bet on Bongo Bongo being the brother that was mentioned (iirc he was mentioned in game as well just need to find the source..)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I've always thought of Bongo Bongo as having been a Sheikah member since he lived in Kakariko as well, and was (most likely) the one who created the Lens of Truth.

Another thing hinting Bongo Bongo was that brother of the Composer Brothers, is the mere fact that his name as a boss is "Bongo Bongo" and that you fight him on a gigantic drum that he is constantly playing. These things strongly hint that he was musically inclined while alive.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
You have a point about that KoP.
This Zelda lore talk is reminding me about my OoT and MM inspired project. Makes me want to dig up some of the plans I had about it. :p

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

I've pushed it to the side for now, mainly due to some programming issues.
Main thing that made it different from Zelda is that by using your imp sidekick, you could paint anywhere on the screen.
I think it was an interesting idea but it gave me some issues programming wise...

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

Someday. I'd like to think I had some cool ideas. Not unlike Zelda, your goal was to travel around and collect powerful objects ( living crystals in this case. )
The trick was that each area containing a crystal would have an interesting story of its own, rather like Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Sounds very interesting.

I always like it when particular regions and locations in games all have deep stories of their own, especially when they all have some sort of connection with the "main" area and setting.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I'd also planned to have the game laid out where there was a clear path to follow your 1st time through, but with variation in the order in which you choose progress very possible if you explore or know the game well enough.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, if you ever get some more progress made on it I'd like to hear how it's going.

EDIT: Nah, I just didn't come back here immediately lol

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
The story starts with the main character, who is the princess of a race not unlike the Zora. She is quickly shown to have a very bad relationship with her father, the king. He believes in a harsh, steadfast rule, whereas she prefers a more passionate approach. After the latest of their many arguments, she heads out into the castle town in a huff.

She discovers an odd paintbrush lying on the ground. When she touches it, there's a bright flash, and suddenly an imp comes flying up and smacks right into her. Both end up with somewhat disgruntled from this. The princess inquires the identity of this imp. The imp states she hails from the west, the shadow kingdom.

Apparently she was the faithful servant of the king. However, one day the previous king suddenly came back to life in a state of madness, and quickly took over the land. She decided to attempt to defeat him. She searched for and found the magical paintbrush, but when the king discovered her actions, he was most displeased, and quickly defeated her, teleporting her and the paintbrush far way.

The imp explains that the king is out to acquire the various elemental crystals scattered through the land, which he already has the shadow crystal. Thus, it's important he be stopped. The princess decides that she doesn't have much to lose joining this quest, given her satisfaction with her current life, so she agrees. However, they are now affected by the magic of the paintbrush;if they travel too far apart, they will be snapped back together ( this is just an excuse for why you can't use the imp to paint halfway across the room, only in a vicinity. )

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

I'm really liking this premise so far.
Thank you.

The first step is heading to the eastern side of the world, the nature-bound area, to get the earth crystal. To reach the main village, they must travel first through a wild forest. Only a few of the animals here can talk. However, a heavy air hangs over the woods. Something feels amiss...

These feelings disappear once they reach the town. However, the place is still...odd. Literally everything is built of paper. The townspeople even wear paper masks, and they don't seem to regard anything with any gravity whatsoever. Somewhat confounded by this strange place, the princess and imp head back into the forest to look for clues regarding the location of the crystal.

Instead, they discover what has been amiss in the woods: giant vines have been growing out from a large temple and devouring anything they can reach. As the animals lament, those living in the village can't help because they have become totally blind to anything that is hidden beyond their ridiculous paper world. This, in fact, happened not very long ago, the animals say.

Upon returning to the village, the duo discover that a mysterious magician seems to be pulling the strings behind this false illusion of peace the villagers lie under. Thus, they attempt to reach him at the top of his mysterious mansion and get to the bottom of this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom