• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Your ideas are really creative. I really hope you can finish and release this game one day.

I imagine there are areas with similar themes, like ice or fire?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
203 interesting ideas from Jay

Your ideas are really creative. I really hope you can finish and release this game one day.

I imagine there are areas with similar themes, like ice or fire?
Thank you, I really appreciate that. Indeed, the five areas are water, fire, earth, light and dark.
Though they can also be called blue, red, green, yellow, and purple, on the paint side of things, which is incorporated in that you obtain the elemental paint in it's respective area.
Green paint, for instance, has earth magic applications, but also can be used as the color green in puzzles as well.

I have the water area pretty much put together ( though it's more like the 3rd area. ) I'll type that up next.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Firstly, I forgot to mention this earlier, but before meeting the imp, the princess made a wish to the water crystal, which is kept in a room in her kingdom's castle. The legend surrounding it is that it can grant any wish, given time. Therefore, she wished to it that her she and her father could have a better relationship with one another. Upon meeting the imp, she decided to remain quiet about the water crystal, and thus wait to retrieve it, so that it would have time to grant her wish.

Upon returning to the water kingdom in the south, they discover a large pool of strange, harmful water extending from the kingdom. This is very odd, as it is the water kingdom's job to maintain proper water flow throughout the area. Upon returning to the castle town, the princess is met with strange looks; ones of fear, and townspeople retreat to their homes when she walks by.

At last she manages to get some info out of one of her oldest friends. This friend insists that the princess has turned cruel and harsh, treating the town with cruelty and unfairness. Even her father is rarely seen anymore. She apparently has become queen of the kingdom.

The princess comes to realize that the crystal seemingly granted her wish in a very twisted manner. The imp speculates this may be due to a negative magic being emanated by the king of the Shadow Kingdom. Apparently, the crystal spawned a cruel, alternate version of herself; one that seemed to want to better the relationship between her and her father by force! Thus, the real princess realizes she must infiltrate her former home, now under the command of her cruel doppleganger, and save the kingdom she was born to rule.

( As you may have guessed, this was inspired by the Water Temple mid-boss, Shadow Link, form OoT, that is, the relationship between a mirror version of oneself and water. )

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I always feel bad for a main character when they're suddenly seen in a negative image by everyone else in their world when it wasn't actually their doing.

Still really nice ideas though. Keep up the good work

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

I always feel bad for a main character when they're suddenly seen in a negative image by everyone else in their world when it wasn't actually their doing.

Still really nice ideas though. Keep up the good work
Thanks. I think that's as far as I can go, though. The fire area isn't as planned out, and the light area only has very rough ideas.
As for the dark area, well, it has some spoilers involved, being the final area and all. Though I could type it up some if you don't mind that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Nah, that's alright. I like the idea of this so I'd like to know more if you can ever get around to finishing and releasing it. I'd rather not be too spoiled on it.

When you've gotten around to the fire area's story though, I would like to know about it.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I decided to go ahead and type this up, so I can get some feedback on it.
The fire area is in the north. It lies over a network of frozen mountains. On their way up these mountains, they come across a wounded figure lying near the mouth of a cave.
He desperately tells them as much as he is able, but he doesn't have much life left. What he does make clear is that his people are under torment from a horrible being that they cannot escape from. He attempted to get help, but the monsters and cold in the cave leading through the ice mountains have done him in. He begs them to help his people, and then dies.( This is where you obtain the fire, or red, paint, from his passion for his people. All the paints are obtained from the strong emotions of various individuals. )

When the imp and princess finally reach the village on the volcanoes on the other side of the mountain range, they find that a giant, unknown creature has taken up residence inside a large volcano. The volcano has begun roaring and erupting unless the villagers drop one of their own into the volcano. The villagers have begun to worship this entity.

The duo is convinced that this creature is tied to the fire crystal, and thus plan to infiltrate the volcano. However, the villagers refuse them access to this so called holy fround, fearing to provoke this creature. Not to mention, they are very superstitious, and even forbid visiting certain sections of the village unless certain conditions are met!

However, they manage to convince one of the residents that the creature is evil, and she decides to accompany them to the center of the volcano. With her help, they finally manage to bypass the villagers and get inside the volcano.

So what I'm wondering is, is this story bit too simple ( and mildly cliche? ) Does it need some sprucing up?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, I think it's pretty good so far. But yeah it could be spruced up a little.

And yeah. Soon enough we're going to have to bid farewell to this ole' thread...

When we need a new one we'll have to archive this one in it for all the memories and fun moments that took place in this one. :p

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I've spent way too much time online today. :p
Maybe I'll do a run through Metroid Fusion. Haven't done that in quite a while...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Threads start glitching after getting a very large amount of posts (around 2000 or so pages worth of posts, and we're getting quite close to that page).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Pretty much.

(if possible, I'd kind of like to make said thread myself. That way I could dig up some of the more memorable moments here and archive those on it's OP too :p)

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide

Oh geez, we are pretty close. Time flies when you're having fun I guess :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Metalbro's been around here for quite a long time too.

I remember him and Fal were both frequent here while I still just lurked a bit. (by the time I finally actually posted in this thread Fal was a mod, I believe)

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
237 bob-ombs

lol I was just poking fun. I agree with Lonekon. You should be the host.

Last edited:
Top Bottom