• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

blblhblbbhlb

Trozz

Smash Ace
Some people only play 1 character and 1 stage, then they just do the same thing over and over. Idiots. One really annoying matchup I had was against a Pit fanatic who only played on FD (and the randomizer always seemed to go with his stage pick). After I beat this loser three times in a row (and he didn't change his strategy at all), I dropped out of that group.

Some people are made of failure. Try not to waste too much time on them.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
I get that sometimes too. I destroy everyone as link (5 kills 1 death) and then it seems a link has to spawn next game. Needless to say, he still gets owned.

Thats how people think. Just take it as a compliment, thats what I do.

peNNy

Smash Cadet
Its the same in every **** game... when i play MPH online (I really do not play public, duh!) the loosers always use Spire after the Match... godness, its so idiotic

Sodapop

Smash Apprentice
Due to the fact that I play Bowser, people really don't pick him after I own with him. But I can see how this would get annoying.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Yea this happens a lot to me. Whenever i beat my friend online with a certain character he somehow thinks that he can win if he picks the same character that I'm playing.

It never works lol.
And it's really annoying cause i always know it's coming.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
First let me start by saying ROFL, yeah thats never happend to me, and I whipe the floor with the scrubs in basic brawl, but really the only you can do is show them how to really use the character. In other words beat them badly and show them your character isn't a Pick N' Play and actually takes skill to win with.

Thats my 50 cents...

Blazer

Smash Ace
Only time I do anything similiar to this is if someone picks one of my mains, and uses them (Usually Ike) in a really cheap way.

More often I have it happen to me though. Then I just stomp the person and get it over with, if they're not gonna leave me be, I'm happy to make them regret their character choice.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
I've only unintentionally done this once, but only Because I like to switch between Sonic, Lucario, and Meta Knight (In that order) and the second match player 2 did choose Meta Knight, and stuck with him in the third match.

Whether or not he won I can't remember.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
My nephew does this to me a lot when I play against him.

He gets his @$$ kicked even harder when he does.

goukakyuu

Smash Rookie
My brother is like this. He only palys Ike. I beat him with metaknight he plays ike. I beat him with link, he plays ike. I beat him with kirby, once again he plays ike. Eventually He beats me when Im luigi and hten he changes to snake xD. Dont worry about it, some people are no fun, thats why i invite my other friends over as much as possible so I can play with more fun people!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I play Lucas and Lucario all the time online, but this has never really happened to me. Weird.
That's not saying my step-sister doesn't do it all the time though...

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
Heh, interesting. This happened to me only once, when someone playing kirby lost a couple times to my marth, so he started using marth. Then being me, i used his character (Kirby) and beat him. I'm such a nice guy, showing people online how to play =D

Truethirdeye

Smash Rookie
West Coast (CO) Let's Throw Down! I got Broadband!
one thing that bothers me is when people use kirby and all they do is float up and do the down b move, I can dodge this so easily and attack but he keeps doing it. I know when I was about 8 or 9 years old playing this game and I never did that ****, I think people are getting dumber and dumber :'(

GraveNeedle

Smash Cadet
New York. I really need to train. ;_; AIM: Toonika
I, too, believe the same thing happened to me. Back in my Toon Link days, I remember it happening once or twice...it's annoying, but great at the same time. 98% of the time they have no idea how to use the character, so it's basically a free ego-boost for you. :)

I wouldn't take it to heart. Put yourself in their shoes. Maybe they're young and just want to pick "the best guy." Maybe they're just looking for a good time, and copying somebody (in this case, you) is how they go about doing that. Maybe they're just a jerk, who knows? Point stands that there's two sides to the arguement. Take Ganny's advice and accept it as a compliment.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
I can understand if it's little kids picking "the best guy" but when it's someone you know, it's really annoying.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I pick on certain people in free for alls. But I don't change characters, I stick with Yellow Kirby. ^^

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Heh, interesting. This happened to me only once, when someone playing kirby lost a couple times to my marth, so he started using marth. Then being me, i used his character (Kirby) and beat him. I'm such a nice guy, showing people online how to play =D
Just what I was thinking, do that and show them that they just suck no matter what character.

orintemple

Smash Lord
People that play online are really bad. I have never lost an online match, even when i was new to the game. It is kind of strange. You'd think that you would fight someone who was good eventually, but you never do. This is why I stick to playing with friends only.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
whats wrong I see someone play lucario im like **** yeah a lucario player ima grab lucario and spar. sounds like alot of you think they are just picking a character cause your winning with em. They might........just suck but want to fight with you cause you play a character they like? i played a 4 on 4 lucario match it was fun and bad ***.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
It's fine when someone picks the same character as me after winning. Maybe they think they can win the same way, or they see it as a great opportunity to learn from a skilled player. What I DO have a problem with is when they pick the same color.

aznxk3vi17

Smash Cadet
I do it to show the winner I am better than them at their own character.
This. 9 times out of 10, I win, proving my point, at which they begin to come exclusively after me.

Not EVERYBODY does it because they are trying to copy you.

Rampage

vx
Ignore it. I play as falco and I chain grab them to death (lol) and the next round they pick falco. They try to chain grab me but in the end they just fail.

muted

Smash Rookie
I've grown up playing fighting games, and this is always a really confusing thing to get mad at, at least to me. It just makes sense to only play one character if you wanted to get good, but if you don't want to, it's not an issue either.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
this pisses me off too, thats y i switch characters everymatch, i had someone keep switching to the character i won with like 3 times in a row.. so i turned off my wii hoping to freeze the game or sumthing.,.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Pick a character with a steep learning curve. LOL. I was online one time when I was Snake and there were 2 other Snakes and a Pit. I won the match handily. The next match happened to be a Snake 4 for all at Shadow Moses, and I still won.

CitizenSweeps

Smash Rookie
I've never had anyone do that to me.

What I do, however, especially if I'm playing with a friend, is switch to the character of the person who lost, and then destroy them with that character in the next match.

Petty? Maybe. Showboating? Probably. But it's a lot of fun to do.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
i get so mad when ppl do this... and i use kirby and whenever i have a winning streak over wifi some1 picks kirby cus they think "they can win" -.- and i still beat them. theyre also n00bs that dont even know how to cancel out down B (rock) after hitting the ground. it gets annoying i dont mind playing against another kirby i just hate it wen ppl PURPOSELY COPY me. must be alot of ppl with low self esteem lol

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
i honestly don't know entirely why this ticks me off so much, but it just does.

okay, so i'm playing an online match "with anyone" and i'm using a pink colored samus. i'm just trying to have fun, and well i get the smash ball and use the zero laser and end up winning (which really doesn't happen all that often).

next game, 3rd player decides to play samus too, and picks the same color as me (pink), and picks on me the whole match. ironically, we both got smash balls.

the next game? 2nd and 4th player also choose samus.

this has happened to me several times with other characters, this was just the most severe. why would anyone in their right mind do this? what kind of satisfaction is there?
Argh, I know exactly what you mean. I've never had someone color-copy, but they choose the same character. And then they go after you the whole match. It makes me want to pull my hair out, especially because I will get confused by the other person and think I'm them, and then I end up suiciding. This happened to me in a team match, though luckily, I saved myself just in time.

The one thing I realize is flawed about hating anyone like this is that it's possible that a Marth just happened to win the last match and they just happened to feel like playing as Marth this match. Since most people assume that you're a copycat if this is done, I hesitate to pick a character that just won, because I feel like everyone else will think I'm a noob. It may be random matches, vs people I will never figure out who they are, but for whatever reason, I still don't want to be considered a noob in any case.

Top Bottom