• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazing Player, Cinderace for Smash!

XHero

Banned via Warnings
Cinderace is the best choice especially after it's Gigantamax form got revealed at the recent pokemon direct

Spatman

Smash Ace
count me as a supporter for this pokémon!
even if in Sw/Sh I chose Grookey, and despite my love for kongs (and Rillaboom himself, lol), I felt in love with Cinderace as soon as I see the one of the Champion.
I believe Cind can be an awesome and very original fighter, I imagine it capable of spawning a flaming soccer ball as an item (not the soccer ball already in smash) and many of its attacks could be soccer-inspired. So it can kick the ball it spawned (similarly to WFT but in a bigger extent; or rather, see it like Menat from SFV sorta, so it can use the ball for attacks and every utility), then of course it could have Blaze Kick, Hi Jump Kick from Pokémon.
Basically it wouldn't have many combos, unless you use its ball as a combo extender

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Add me to the support list, please!
Both Cinderace and Inteleon would be way better than Rillaboom, so I’m happy with this.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the support list, please!
Both Cinderace and Inteleon would be way better than Rillaboom, so I’m happy with this.
Might have to wait a little bit, but thank you for supporting the page! It's cool that this page has possibly more supporters than Toxtricity

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Literally speaking, can everyone give me an opinion on who might actually make it into Smash?

I think it's most likely to be Gen 8

Me personally, I feel like it could be Cinderace, Rillaboom or Toxtricity.
Obviously I'm supporting my boi Cinderace (appreciate that he is finally a good fire starter since Infernape in 2006).
Some expect Urshifu, but for me, I dont think it makes sense with Calyrex, the same reason Zacian wont get in because of Zamazenta (and vice versa).
I could see Toxtricity getting in, he is a fan-favorite and I would be fair and try him.
I hope with a passion that it is Cinderace, his moveset could be perfect for Smash, while Rillaboom would only be DK with Kongo Bongos, and Inteleon wont be appreciated more than Greninja (not that I dont like Inteleon)

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
My guess

A Namco character like Lloyd Irving for example since we're still missing the Namco Mii costumes

A Square Enix character like Sora since we're still missing the Square Enix Mii costumes

A Gen 8 Pokemon like Cinderace, because if Nintendo is still choosing the DLC characters I'd imagine that they would likely want to save a character to promote the DLC Expansion Pass and based on how popular the Scorbunny line is and how it has been getting special treatment in both the games and anime I'd say that Cinderace has the best shot.

Since we got the River City Ransom spirits, I believe that we'll likely get an Arc System rep like Sol Badguy for the DLC

Crash and Ryu Hayabusa are both well known and heavily requested by fans. Koei Tecmo also has the Fatal Frame assist trophy, so that might help Ryu's chances.

(These 6 are what I feel have the best chance this time around, of course I could just be over analyzing and the final characters could be totally different.)

Honorable mention goes to Rex, I don't know if Sakurai was able to pull some strings to add him in this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whelp, I guess I should update this - (5/21/20)
(7/1/20) - after Min Min - the rest of my prediction is still the same.

An ARMS rep, my guess it's Spring Man with other ARMS reps as alts. (If it matters, the assist trophy will also be replaced by Springtron)

Rex, since they're adding an ARMS rep now this also increases the chance of Rex becoming playable.

Rayman, if spirits no longer deconfirm (due to the ARMS rep) then his chances also increases.

Cinderace, the reasoning is still the same as above but if Sakurai was lying about Nintendo choosing the DLC then I'd believe that he would personally go with Inteleon in order to pay homage to Goldeneye, James Bond, and Perfect Dark, which have had some connections to Smash in the past. For example the Cloaking Device in Melee is from Perfect Dark.

Crash, same reasons as above.

Ryu Hayabusa, same reasons as above.

As for Lloyd Irving, Sora, and Sol Badguy they'll either have another chance when Fighter Pass 3+ comes around or end up as spirits or Mii costumes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(7/1/20) - after Min Min - the rest of my prediction is still the same.

(8/1/20) - Steve is here now so I guess I should make a new list

Min Min
Steve & Co.

Rayman - "Spirits no longer deconfirm" + if FP2's theme is "characters who didn't make the cut for FP1" + characters like Steve took awhile to be added, then I believe that he still has a shot.

Ryu Hayabusa - If Nintendo is planning on inviting characters from some of Japan's biggest video game companies then I believe that Koei Tecmo is the next one in line. Plus if "M" theory is real and the rumors that Ryu H. was one of the characters that were considered for FP1 were true, then I believe that Ryu H. will be coming to Smash soon.

Cinderace - Like Min Min and Steve, SwSh missed the boat for FP1. Knowing Nintendo they'll give us a Gen 8 Pokémon to represent and promote SwSh like how Byleth was chosen to rep FE3H. I am still certain that Cinderace will be SwSh's representative as it has been given tons of special treatment and promotion by TPC in both the games and anime. (We also haven't gotten any new Gen 8 spirits since last year, not even for the SwSh DLC, which is really suspicious.) Due to when the FP2 characters were chosen, Nintendo would have wanted a "safe pick" Pokémon and based on Scorbunny's early popularity and TPC's plans to promote Cinderace in the future I'd imagine that they would have been convinced to pick Cinderace. Plus Sakurai still insists that Nintendo chose the DLC characters and he isn't picking favorites, which means that he would have NO say in which mon should be chosen for Smash.

Crash - Heard rumors that Crash is coming to Smash

Cut character

Rex - New evidence has come to my attention which makes me believe that Rex will not be part of FP2.
https://store.nintendo.com.br/super-smash-bros-ultimate-fighters-pass
https://store.nintendo.com.br/super-smash-bros-tm-ultimate-fighters-pass-vol-2
https://store.nintendo.com.br/xenoblade-chronicles-2
You’ll notice that FP1 was given a higher age rating for “content” that was barely present. I’d argue that Rex’s partner Pyra (or that their game’s age rating) would easily bump up the age rating for FP2 in Brazil. So it’s possible that Nintendo / Sakurai decided to exclude them this time around to maintain a low age rating for FP2 (wouldn’t want people to complain or avoid buying the DLC if they think that their kids would be too young for it). Rex at the very least still has his Mii costume if it turns out we won't get a FP3.

Current theory

While FP1 had characters meant to appeal to older gamers (teen and older), for FP2 Nintendo is likely planning to have it have characters that can be sold to younger gamers (younger than teen), in order to maximize profit from franchises like Minecraft and to avoid accidently bumping up the age rating. So characters like Crash, Rayman, Ryu H. (who's a special case), and Cinderace are likely candidates to fill out the rest of FP2.

So much for that...
12/10/20

Min Min
Steve & Co.
Sephiroth

Crash Bandicoot (will most likely be revealed at E3 2021)
Ryu Hayabusa
Cinderace

New prediction, if the next three characters are not Crash, Ryu H., and Cinderace then I will give up on trying to figure out the rest of FP2. Hopefully there will be a FP3 to give us more chances.

10/5/21

Min Min
Steve & Co.
Sephiroth
Pyra & Mythra
Kazuya
Sora

and no Fighter's Pass 3

End of the road for Cinderace (and I don't expect anything for Gen 8 outside of more Pokeball Pokemon and a stage for future Smash games). Cinderace was my favorite out all Gen 8 pokemon and I'm glad that it has gotten tons of special treatment from the Pokemon Company but honestly I really wished we would've gotten something for Smash beyond just a spirit event.

Storytime
I started supporting for Cinderace right around the time that Sword and Shield came out. Despite the game's controversy and people's complaints in regards to the Pokemon designs I liked the game regardless. Out of the 3 starters, Cinderace stood out to me both as a cool pokemon and TPC's obvious pick for Smash. However other people didn't see it that way, as they'd rather have other gen 8 Pokemon like Rillaboom, Toxtricity, and Urshifu (after the DLC) and would for the most part argued against Cinderace's possible inclusion because it was another Fire Starter. I felt that this was an unfair argument to make, so I decided to go online to try and change people's minds.

Unfortunately, even though I would make really good points in favor of Cinderace's inclusion I would often meet people who would still try to dismiss Cinderace's chances and would talk like they had an uncle who worked for Nintendo or somehow "knew" what Sakurai was thinking and what he had planned for Smash while doing zero research of their own (I'd especially like to call out every Smashtuber who said that Rillaboom was more likely than Cinderace because "it's the logical and popular choice" (it's not, see any major pokemon poll and Cinderace will match it or beat) and because "we need a Grass Starter and not another Fire Starter" (Sakurai doesn't care about Pokemon Types, I can't believe this stuck around as a "serious" argument, and no doubt people will still use this illogical argument in the future)). Even though times like that frustrated me, there was still plenty of good that came out of these past few years.

I'm glad that I was able to help this thread grow to the size it is today, it was fun thinking up movesets and other ideas for Cinderace (many of which haven't been posted on this board yet (if people want to see them let me know)), but all good things must come to an end. I'm happy for other people who got their most wanted (as DLC, mii costumes, etc.) and I'm grateful to Sakurai for all of his hard work. Here's hoping the future is even brighter! (Who knows? Maybe I'll try my luck again in Smash 6 when gen 9 or 10 rolls out...but for now I'm done with Smash speculation and instead will be having fun speculating for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl! (in the Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - Available Today! | Smashboards))

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Seems kinda difficult to venture an accurate guess without including biases in order to fill in the space but with that in mind, here are my guesses...

After Byleth's reveal I definitely agree another Pokemon (8th gen) is very likely.
I agree the three Pokemon you listed seem the most likely out of the new ones. Inteleon maybe a starter but thats about all it has going for it. It'd have a unique moveset compared to Greninja, contrary to popular belief, but I think it'd be an annoying one akin to Shiek but with spammy projectiles so I don't forsee it being picked.
Toxtricity could easily offer a unique playstyle and perhaps mechanic and with it being one of the most popular new Pokemon it certainly seems in the realm of possibility.
I don't think you give Rillaboom enough credit. Rillaboom may have have a similar build to DK but they would work completely differently in terms of the kinds of moves used. Besides, what does it really matter if we have two similarly proportioned characters when we have literally 30+ humanoid characters with nearly identical proportions?
Cinderace has both the fan factor and mascot status going for them but in terms of moveset has some trouble carving out a unique niche for themselves compared to the rest of the cast. Could they be fun while feeling different to play from everyone else? Definitely.
Because of all this I think its mainly between Cinderace or Rillaboom if a Pokemon gets picked which I have the most confidence for out of any other character.

As far as my other picks I'd say;
Crash:
Very iconic past character with a strong rivalry comparable to Sonic and is having a recent resurgence.
Master Chief:
Has had a huge impact on the first-person shooter space and as such is a big past icon with a good sized fanbase. This franchise is also upon a resurgence. Not to mention Microsoft and Nintendo being buddy buddy, releasing stuff like Banjo-Kazooie and Cuphead DLC when talking about SSBU in particular. There is also going to be a new Halo game releasing late this year and rumors are floating around of a big Microsoft name in gaming being playable on the Switch.
Sonic Character:
Not certain how likely this is but definitely would be a worthy and welcomed addition in my view, aside from a few salty people not getting a single character from their wanted franchise while Sonic's gets two. Then again, maybe they'll get a echo/clone character in the future instead? The possible inclusions are numerous so I'll spare the details.
I think may may also see a character from Bandai Namco and Capcom but who knows?

I've also got a gut feeling that a lot of past and new Nintendo characters will receive echo/clone fighters, such as;
Octoling
Goouigi
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Possibly a Pokemon like Blaziken over Captain Falcon for example
Not to say it'd be all of these but these ones seem like they'd have a shot.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Seems kinda difficult to venture an accurate guess without including biases in order to fill in the space but with that in mind, here are my guesses...

After Byleth's reveal I definitely agree another Pokemon (8th gen) is very likely.
I agree the three Pokemon you listed seem the most likely out of the new ones. Inteleon maybe a starter but thats about all it has going for it. It'd have a unique moveset compared to Greninja, contrary to popular belief, but I think it'd be an annoying one akin to Shiek but with spammy projectiles so I don't forsee it being picked.
Toxtricity could easily offer a unique playstyle and perhaps mechanic and with it being one of the most popular new Pokemon it certainly seems in the realm of possibility.
I don't think you give Rillaboom enough credit. Rillaboom may have have a similar build to DK but they would work completely differently in terms of the kinds of moves used. Besides, what does it really matter if we have two similarly proportioned characters when we have literally 30+ humanoid characters with nearly identical proportions?
Cinderace has both the fan factor and mascot status going for them but in terms of moveset has some trouble carving out a unique niche for themselves compared to the rest of the cast. Could they be fun while feeling different to play from everyone else? Definitely.
Because of all this I think its mainly between Cinderace or Rillaboom if a Pokemon gets picked which I have the most confidence for out of any other character.

As far as my other picks I'd say;
Crash:
Very iconic past character with a strong rivalry comparable to Sonic and is having a recent resurgence.
Master Chief:
Has had a huge impact on the first-person shooter space and as such is a big past icon with a good sized fanbase. This franchise is also upon a resurgence. Not to mention Microsoft and Nintendo being buddy buddy, releasing stuff like Banjo-Kazooie and Cuphead DLC when talking about SSBU in particular. There is also going to be a new Halo game releasing late this year and rumors are floating around of a big Microsoft name in gaming being playable on the Switch.
Sonic Character:
Not certain how likely this is but definitely would be a worthy and welcomed addition in my view, aside from a few salty people not getting a single character from their wanted franchise while Sonic's gets two. Then again, maybe they'll get a echo/clone character in the future instead? The possible inclusions are numerous so I'll spare the details.
I think may may also see a character from Bandai Namco and Capcom but who knows?

I've also got a gut feeling that a lot of past and new Nintendo characters will receive echo/clone fighters, such as;
Octoling
Goouigi
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Possibly a Pokemon like Blaziken over Captain Falcon for example
Not to say it'd be all of these but these ones seem like they'd have a shot.
Yeah, I would give Rillaboom a fair try, so I say its between Cinderace, Rillaboom, and Toxtricity.

Honestly, I wished that Sakurai would've added in Decidueye (who is more popular) compared to Incineroar. Then, Cinderace would easily resolve the starter typings and would be almost guaranteed

Also with the other characters, I feel like Rayman is guaranteed, given the hints from Ubisoft adding in Mii Fighter outfits like the Rabbid and Altair

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I would give Rillaboom a fair try, so I say its between Cinderace, Rillaboom, and Toxtricity.

Honestly, I wished that Sakurai would've added in Decidueye (who is more popular) compared to Incineroar. Then, Cinderace would easily resolve the starter typings and would be almost guaranteed

Also with the other characters, I feel like Rayman is guaranteed, given the hints from Ubisoft adding in Mii Fighter outfits like the Rabbid and Altair
Decidueye would have been a really cool character to play. Its a shame the Pokemon franchise doesn't just do their own version of Smash and include all the fan favorites.

Good point about Rayman and Ubisoft. Having a character from them makes total sense with the new costumes you mentioned. Especially seeing as they paired up to make the Mario Rabbids Kingdom game. It seems from fan polls that the character was likely voted a lot for so it'd make sense for Rayman to be included simply for the fans.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Well there's Pokkén which is filled with fan favorite Pokémon, but I don't see that many people talking about it anymore.

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Well there's Pokkén which is filled with fan favorite Pokémon, but I don't see that many people talking about it anymore.
Almost mentioned it in that post. I mostly meant the bit about fan favorites as an afterthought.
Glad the game was made. Would have been cool to see even more DLC.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Pokken includes some fan-favorites, like Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, and let's not forget our boy Pikachu. But many other fan-favorites are missing; Greninja, Bewear, Venusaur, Infernape, many favorites are missing, but Pokken forgot about their DLC :(

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Well let's just hope that with the number of games that have sold well on the Switch the Pokémon Company will be interested in making more Pokken DLC and sequels.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
So while were waiting for a Smash reveal (which is possible with a potential direct next week), does anybody have a FC to play Smash, Pokemon, or legit anything?

I main Pikachu, and I'll post my FC later on
My in game name is NeonVoid

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Cute but I don't think it even needs to be debunked.
I can send you my FC in private message if you'd like !

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
They finally posted the Pokemon of the Year results and Cinderace is the most popular Galar starter!
Even Scorbunny is more popular than Sobble and Grookey!

#6. Cinderace (26,892 Votes)
#10. Inteleon (20,697 Votes)
#12. Scorbunny (20,058 Votes)
#14. Sobble (17,155 Votes)
#20. Grookey (13,478 Votes)
#29. Rillaboom (8,625 Votes)

https://pokemonday.pokemon.co.jp/jp/result/galar/
https://pokemon2020.pokemon.com/en-us/

If Nintendo or Sakurai haven't decided on which Galar starter to add to Smash, hopefully this would be enough to convince them to pick Cinderace.

Last edited:

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
They finally posted the Pokemon of the Year results and Cinderace is the most popular Galar starter!
Even Scorbunny is more popular than Sobble and Grookey!

#6. Cinderace (26,892 Votes)
#10. Inteleon (20,697 Votes)
#12. Scorbunny (20,058 Votes)
#14. Sobble (17,155 Votes)
#20. Grookey (13,478 Votes)
#29. Rillaboom (8,625 Votes)

https://pokemonday.pokemon.co.jp/jp/result/galar/
https://pokemon2020.pokemon.com/en-us/

If Nintendo or Sakurai haven't decided on which Galar starter to add to Smash, hopefully this would be enough to convince them to pick Cinderace.
Yeah, but what worries me is that the top spots were Dragapult and Toxtricity, so what if it ends up being one of them?

I do feel a little bit better, since these were already decided. Because of that, Cinderace could've been chosen because of how much attention it gets.

Who knows, Greninja got Pokemon of the Year, maybe he'll finally be put in Smash.

I miss the days when people replied to this page non-stop

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but what worries me is that the top spots were Dragapult and Toxtricity, so what if it ends up being one of them?

I do feel a little bit better, since these were already decided. Because of that, Cinderace could've been chosen because of how much attention it gets.

Who knows, Greninja got Pokemon of the Year, maybe he'll finally be put in Smash.

I miss the days when people replied to this page non-stop
Well with the amount of special treatment that the Scorbunny line has received (getting 2 signature moves, a Hidden Ability that's functionally the same as Greninja's, and receiving tons of exposure in the Anime) this makes me think that they expected it to be the most popular of the 3 Galar starters and thus will have something special planned for it. There's also the fact that they have yet to release Cinderace's Hidden Ability and Gigantamax form, once people can see Cinderace at its full potential this would probably be enough to propel its popularity into Galar's Top 5.

In regards to the 2nd Fighter's Pass, it depends on whether or not they want to risk choosing to add a non-starter. Scorbunny at least has the advantage of being revealed all the way back in February 2019 giving people time to show Sakurai and Nintendo their love and support for it, meanwhile Dragapult and Toxtricity had hardly any promotion before the Sword and Shield came out. If what Sakurai said is true that the final decisions for FP2 were made around in November of 2019 then by that time it would have been kind of a gamble on their part to add a Pokemon like Dragapult or Toxtricity to the FP2 DLC before most people had time to decide whether or not they even like the new Pokemon.

Sakurai also happens to be very particular when it comes to adding characters, he prioritizes stuff like series representation, movement, and moveset potential. When it comes to Pokemon he considers stuff like what pokemon is being promoted by the Pokemon Company in both the games and Anime, the Pokemon’s unique features, how well they would fit into Smash, etc. There’s also the fact that Sakurai is currently working on the DLC with less people than he had during the development of the base game and as such I feel that this could also impact whether or not a character is eligible for DLC, especially when there’s a strict deadline. Sakurai has been quoted that it normally takes him and his dev crew a year to create a new character from scratch and fine tune them, which is why I don’t think Sakurai would want to add Pokemon like Dragapult or Toxtricity as to accurately represent either them would consume a lot of time and resources (unless of course someone can prove me wrong). However, he can drastically reduce the amount of time needed if he can recycle elements from other playable characters already in Smash, for example, like with that Cinderace mod you shared earlier Cinderace can easily borrow elements from other Smash characters like Lucario.

Of course, this is just my thoughts on the situation, Sakurai, however, is the type of man that you just can’t predict half the time. But who knows, maybe like wrestling Sakurai is a big Soccer fan, he owns plenty of sports games after all and he’s aware of popular Soccer icons like Captain Tsubasa.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Well with the amount of special treatment that the Scorbunny line has received (getting 2 signature moves, a Hidden Ability that's functionally the same as Greninja's, and receiving tons of exposure in the Anime) this makes me think that they expected it to be the most popular of the 3 Galar starters and thus will have something special planned for it. There's also the fact that they have yet to release Cinderace's Hidden Ability and Gigantamax form, once people can see Cinderace at its full potential this would probably be enough to propel its popularity into Galar's Top 5.

In regards to the 2nd Fighter's Pass, it depends on whether or not they want to risk choosing to add a non-starter. Scorbunny at least has the advantage of being revealed all the way back in February 2019 giving people time to show Sakurai and Nintendo their love and support for it, meanwhile Dragapult and Toxtricity had hardly any promotion before the Sword and Shield came out. If what Sakurai said is true that the final decisions for FP2 were made around in November of 2019 then by that time it would have been kind of a gamble on their part to add a Pokemon like Dragapult or Toxtricity to the FP2 DLC before most people had time to decide whether or not they even like the new Pokemon.

Sakurai also happens to be very particular when it comes to adding characters, he prioritizes stuff like series representation, movement, and moveset potential. When it comes to Pokemon he considers stuff like what pokemon is being promoted by the Pokemon Company in both the games and Anime, the Pokemon’s unique features, how well they would fit into Smash, etc. There’s also the fact that Sakurai is currently working on the DLC with less people than he had during the development of the base game and as such I feel that this could also impact whether or not a character is eligible for DLC, especially when there’s a strict deadline. Sakurai has been quoted that it normally takes him and his dev crew a year to create a new character from scratch and fine tune them, which is why I don’t think Sakurai would want to add Pokemon like Dragapult or Toxtricity as to accurately represent either them would consume a lot of time and resources (unless of course someone can prove me wrong). However, he can drastically reduce the amount of time needed if he can recycle elements from other playable characters already in Smash, for example, like with that Cinderace mod you shared earlier Cinderace can easily borrow elements from other Smash characters like Lucario.

Of course, this is just my thoughts on the situation, Sakurai, however, is the type of man that you just can’t predict half the time. But who knows, maybe like wrestling Sakurai is a big Soccer fan, he owns plenty of sports games after all and he’s aware of popular Soccer icons like Captain Tsubasa.
Then again, if you look at the anime, it seems as if Go's Scorbunny will evolve, and Pokemon seem to also be chosen based on the anime. Greninja and Incineroar because they're Ash's Pokemon

We'll just see, a Pokemon would hopefully be revealed by the summer, and with a Direct looming (I hope), we could get an announcement there. What if we get two smash reveals? Its possible

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Then again, if you look at the anime, it seems as if Go's Scorbunny will evolve, and Pokemon seem to also be chosen based on the anime. Greninja and Incineroar because they're Ash's Pokemon
I just find it a bit weird that they haven't shown off Sobble or Grookey in the Anime yet, normally they would have at least shown off all of the starters by now and have Ash catch at least one of them, but instead they opted to give Ash a Dragonite first.

In regards to Go's Scorbunny, starters used by Ash and his companions can take anywhere from 30 to over 100 episodes to evolve and in some cases like Ash's Rowlet they might never ever evolve. If they plan to have Go stick with Ash for multiple seasons, then Scorbunny probably won't evolve for a long time (for marketing reasons most likely).

We'll just see, a Pokemon would hopefully be revealed by the summer, and with a Direct looming (I hope), we could get an announcement there. What if we get two smash reveals? Its possible
A lot of people expect a reveal around the time of E3 2020 and Nintendo could reveal a Pokemon like Cinderace to help promote the SwSh Expansion Pass. I also agree that it's possible that we could get two smash reveals, one where we get a predictable choice like Pokemon and one where we get an unexpected choice to show off the fact that Nintendo still has plenty of surprises left for FP2. But we'll just have to wait and see.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I just find it a bit weird that they haven't shown off Sobble or Grookey in the Anime yet, normally they would have at least shown off all of the starters by now and have Ash catch at least one of them, but instead they opted to give Ash a Dragonite first.

In regards to Go's Scorbunny, starters used by Ash and his companions can take anywhere from 30 to over 100 episodes to evolve and in some cases like Ash's Rowlet they might never ever evolve. If they plan to have Go stick with Ash for multiple seasons, then Scorbunny probably won't evolve for a long time (for marketing reasons most likely).

A lot of people expect a reveal around the time of E3 2020 and Nintendo could reveal a Pokemon like Cinderace to help promote the SwSh Expansion Pass. I also agree that it's possible that we could get two smash reveals, one where we get a predictable choice like Pokemon and one where we get an unexpected choice to show off the fact that Nintendo still has plenty of surprises left for FP2. But we'll just have to wait and see.
If you look online, you'll see that the next episode summary in the new anime hints at Scorbunny's evolution. If Scorbunny evolves into Raboot, then it's likely that it'll evolve again at some point (I'm kind of getting Battle Bond vibes)

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
If you look online, you'll see that the next episode summary in the new anime hints at Scorbunny's evolution. If Scorbunny evolves into Raboot, then it's likely that it'll evolve again at some point (I'm kind of getting Battle Bond vibes)
Really? That was quick. Can you post a link? The sites that I normally use haven't updated it their episode lists yet.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
So I took the time to look around and I found this video that talks about the evidence that points to Scorbunny evolving soon within the upcoming episodes
If this is true then hopefully we might be able to see Go get Cinderace in the not too distant future.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
He's my second most wanted galar pokemon. He was first before Zarude showed up. I support.
Welcome man! Zarude is a possibility, now that you think about it. I'd like to see his style, most definitely. That being said, my gut is telling me its Cinderace or Rillaboomer. Rillaboomer because of a grass starter mainly.

I've done research, and apparently, Greninja was the only starter in his Gen to have two signature moves, same with Incineroar. Cinderace has Pyro Ball and Court Change. Does this almost confirm him?

There will hopefully be a Direct next week, maybe well get answers

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
He's my second most wanted galar pokemon. He was first before Zarude showed up. I support.
Yeah, welcome to the thread.

Anyways I finally found the complete episode summery for Pokemon (2019) Ep. 17

Source: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...y-use-your-flaming-kick-face-tomorrow.674505/

ヒバニー、炎のキック!明日に向かって!! (Hibanny, Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!!)

"Satoshi (Ash) and Go are practicing battling in the Sakuragi Park. But then Hihidaruma (Darmanitan) comes over, provoking Go and Hibanny (Scorbunny), the Pokémon he has partnered with, by suggesting they should try using a Fire type move. Hibanny (Scorbunny) tries Ember, but it's not able to use the move very well and just ends up getting made fun of by Hihidaruma (Darmanitan). An annoyed Hibanny (Scorbunny) starts working hard on practicing this move, which Go thinks is pointless since Hibanny (Scorbunny) can battle just fine using its other moves. And before they know it, these contrasting mindsets result in the two starting to fight."

Hmm.

I'm glad they're addressing why Scorbunny hasn't been using any fire moves. If we go by the game's level up system Scorbunny would normally be close to learning Flame Charge. But since the Pokemon anime likes to throw us a curveball every now and then, I wouldn't be surprised (based on the title of the episode) if Scorbunny ends up learning Blaze Kick instead.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Anyways I finally found the complete episode summery for Pokemon (2019) Ep. 17

Source: https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...y-use-your-flaming-kick-face-tomorrow.674505/

ヒバニー、炎のキック!明日に向かって!! (Hibanny, Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!!)

"Satoshi (Ash) and Go are practicing battling in the Sakuragi Park. But then Hihidaruma (Darmanitan) comes over, provoking Go and Hibanny (Scorbunny), the Pokémon he has partnered with, by suggesting they should try using a Fire type move. Hibanny (Scorbunny) tries Ember, but it's not able to use the move very well and just ends up getting made fun of by Hihidaruma (Darmanitan). An annoyed Hibanny (Scorbunny) starts working hard on practicing this move, which Go thinks is pointless since Hibanny (Scorbunny) can battle just fine using its other moves. And before they know it, these contrasting mindsets result in the two starting to fight."

Hmm.

I'm glad they're addressing why Scorbunny hasn't been using any fire moves. If we go by the game's level up system Scorbunny would normally be close to learning Flame Charge. But since the Pokemon anime likes to throw us a curveball every now and then, I wouldn't be surprised (based on the title of the episode) if Scorbunny ends up learning Blaze Kick instead.
Hey man, double posting isn't good here, so can you merge you're two posts so you don't get in trouble?

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Not my favorite of the Galar starter, but the one Nintendo seems to be pushing the most, so they're probably the most likely Sw/Sh rep -- not too psyched about that, but when the Feliciafan vid finally comes out I might change my mind.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Not my favorite of the Galar starter, but the one Nintendo seems to be pushing the most, so they're probably the most likely Sw/Sh rep -- not too psyched about that, but when the Feliciafan vid finally comes out I might change my mind.
What's the Feliciafan vid?

Top Bottom