• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
2DAY WE HARDBODY A FOOL WHO WAS ACTUALLY ******** ENOUGH TO CONSIDER A MASON LYNCH

THIS IS RAZ GORF OR WEREKILL

THERE IS SCUM IN THIS POOL OR I WILL GLADLY QUIT SWFMAFIA IF IT HAS TRULY REGRESSED TO THE LEVEL OF TRASH THAT MODCONFIRMED INNOCENTS ARE OKAY TO B PUT ON THE TABLE
Has this changed? When and how did Rake earn priority over Raz?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I'm so glad this game has taken off. Bless you all xoxo

Maven's pratically erased all doubt from me and he's putting in a ton of legwork, and good ones at that. There are still some things that I want to get out of the way though before I'm fully done:

@Maven89 I still disagree with your potassium read obviously, but the way you're explaining yourself doesn't seem fabricated. That's what matters in hindsight but hopefully I can pull enough of my own legwork to get potato six feet under. I'm gonna pull out all the stops relatively soon.
Paging Soup, yo.
I doubt Potassium is still on the table for you, very interested in where you're at.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Has this changed? When and how did Rake earn priority over Raz?
yeah ill stop playing if raz is town too. im a man of my word. thatd mean we had FOUR town slots in this game who wanted to lynch a ****ing confirmed town mason which is awful enough that this has become a complete clown show

ill tell ya what doe. i looked over mavens posts early in the game n i dont think yu guys are aligned with him. i was also shocked at the orbo kill n it didnt make sense to me. so yu/me/bard can all be friends today n if yall got some **** on raz im listening

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
i just told an indy that we can b friends. this ****in game man

i DO think there is at least 1 scum between rake/raz ima tell yu like that doe. id be down to lynch the other if 1 flipped town like gorf/maven

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
hm. bard/nabe not being mafia would mean that raz latched onto both the mason claim + the indy claim which are both pretty easy to latch onto as scum. how disgusting

but the logical side of me understands dislike of bard/nabe for obvious reasons

a true catch 22. how i wish i culd just murk ******* hardbody in this game. sorry my minds movin fast rolling around the possibilities of this game

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vote: Bardull/Nabe

...if Raz was town on my wagon....that means four townies tried to lynch a confirmed mason.......

Kantrip

Kantplay
i think raz really buys what hes saying and he really did track the indies to orbo

could be mafia tracker just as easily as town tracker tho. wanna see his response to marshys question and his thoughts on everything

BarDulL

Town Vampire
We're not 'indies.' We assure you that a kill will occur even if Raz hypothetically is the true tracker and tracks us again, except he wouldn't see us visiting anyone next time around. We prevented ourselves from being killed; nothing more, nothing less.

Kantrip, you should be the LAST person casting suspicion on us considering we helped prevent your lynch. Same with Ruy.

I have no qualms going for Rake, but I'm curious as to where Glyph and Soup have gone off to.

Kantrip

Kantplay
i dont doubt that you indies have a one-shot BP where you redirect the shot to someone else, makes sense to me.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
regardless of whether or not bardull/nabe are indy (which i agree they prolly are)

i doubt theyre mafia makin em a suboptimal play. i still think it should b between raz/rake but were lacking enough from either to confidently say which is best

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Starting to see glimpses of him being town. It's not much but it's weakening my scum read of him.
How have your reads changed with maven dying over night, and what do you make of nabedull's claim ( i personally think they should hang just on the fact that this combined role is liably still anti town)

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

doe
marshy case

marshy not thinking im scum is a reason he is btw. its pretty logical for people to not like me this game and marshy not contributing to hardbodying me doesnt make any sense if hes town.

his hardcore stance of "someone who pushed the claimed mason has to be scum" is a really easy and convenient way for scum to formulate some fake reads. suddenly he can accumulate a big pool of players that all "need to die" without having to come up with any reasoning.

the way he ignored gorf during the above situation is very strange behaviour. if one of them flipped scum i would definitely look at the other. its not that he called gorf town, but when asked about gorf in specific he said that he would "be able to figure his alignment out in time," essentially putting him on the backburner behind raz and werekill, two others who voted ruy

also the fact that he hasnt acknowledged my entertaining of what raz was saying as being part of the wagon doesnt make any sense. what some others said was right, for all intents and purposes i was basically part of pushing ruy. i would argue that my intentions were pretty clear, but i would also make a similar case for raz (whom marshy has been pushing mercilessly with no reason other than because raz voted a claimed miller)

iirc marshy had a brief period where he did push gorf (and it seems like he stole gorfs vote, too [dont think this means they cant be scum together, thats some WIFOM right there]) but now suddenly he has dropped that again for maven apparently (someone who didnt even vote the claimed miller). i also remember disliking maven from the amount that i read, but if maven ends up being town i would snap my attention right back to marshy as maven seems like an easy player to slap a scumread on
s this stand with maven scum ? idk that marshy fits in that puzzle, also that shot was pretty good lol. I still hate your play but gj none the less

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Confirmed Town:
Red Ryu

Townleans
We Thuggin
Soup
Bardull +Nabe
Gorf

Null
Orbo
Rake
Jexs
Maven

Scumleans
Glyph
Potassium/Kantrip

Okay. Moving through my reads individually:

We Thuggin had a number of really quality posts that really stood out to me as Town-minded. 483 was the first, which was talking about Soup's possible motivations to claim. It lined up exactly with how I felt about the situation. 545 was where I was really sold on the Town intent. That was super genuine concern over direction. All of We Thuggin's posts thus far have sat well with me, bias aside for him wanting to string me up for being an inactive ****head.

Soup's claim motivation was logical to me, and I don't see scum motivation in it. Werekill was plain and cleanly ****ed, and proving you have an ability (if it's anti-Town) by using it in an inconsequential situation is the best way to go about it. Christ knows Werekill wasn't going to be saying anything useful during the rest of the day, he'd already claimed.

I'll also add that if I was gonna role-spec at some of the motivations behind that role, I think that it may have straight up been borne out of Ryker's massive frustrations with Sleepover Mafia where (we) had Leviathan in the noose and it swung at the last minute. That we were wrong in that case is largely irrelevant, but this ability seems DELIBERATELY designed to be used in a situation like that one.

Soup's 539 also sat really well with me, he makes a very good point noting the clear disconnect between Thuggin' and Potassium. Would not lynch Soup.

Bardull + Nabe read comes from 2 factors.

1) Bardull's 561 had just about all the same reads as I did at that point in my read. I only really disagreed with the Gorf/Glyph reads, as I'm leaning the other way on both of those.

2) As I also have intimate knowledge of the flavor, I'm actually willing to buy all that business they posted with respect to it. Ragna is the centerpiece of the story and does indeed have a ****load of people hunting him for varying reasons (some good, some bad), and Nabe's explanation of the Nu role is also completely plausible and just janky enough for it to be an idea Ryker/Dietz would implement. (I read over Dietz's initial draft for a previous Blazblue set-up, there was some OUT THERE stuff).

Additionally, there's absolutely no reason for them to put themselves in the spotlight if they truly are an Indy role. It'd be completely ridiculous to completely out themselves rather than just let people speculate about a 'matchmaker' role like Marshy was.

Willing to consider that born-again Hydra Town until sufficient reasoning or Night actions gives me reason to believe otherwise.

Gorf is the weakest of my Townleans, but he's still more on that side than not. Gorf hasn't posted a LOT this dayphase, but when he did he supported Maven in his 520 and Soup in his 538. Both would've been prime opportunities for scum to put pressure on those slots, but he took neither. Aside from that, Gorf just seems to be lacking direction. I'd keep an eye on him, but certainly wouldn't consider lynching him toDay.

Basically all of my nulls are a result of either insufficient content/stances or the fact that they cause my eyes to glaze over when I try to read their posts. I'll look at one of 'em if a direction is presented that's worth considering, but I'm not really concerned about those slots at the moment.

My two scumreads at this point are Glyph and Kantrip.

This post here was straight up grime and based purely on ****ing role-spec and assigning motive to Soup without any evidence whatsoever to support it. He was trying to punch through a Werekill lynch? What? He could've just ****ing said NOTHING if he wanted to do that. Go ahead and go through Soup's D1 ending posts and try to find something that could suggest this motive. I dare you.

This post was similarly garbage and trying to push BOTH slots for this situation is absolute ****ing nonsense.

This also stands out as a slightly over-defensive connection between 2 slots I'm individually scum-reading. Minor, but noteworthy enough for me to point out.

My problems with Glyph stem from his ****ty pushes. The vote on Soup was trash garbage and stems from exactly the same kind of **** reasoning that Potassium provided.

His only other noteworthy post was his 498:

Which is full of ****ing empty content. There's literally nothing here.

He points out Maven's uncertainty (ok, fine), but then just directs other people to provide a read for him to piggy-back, and asks for mafia history that I don't think he was actually genuinely interested in. He hasn't returned to thread since, but I don't see any meaningful follow-up coming from it whatsoever.

In closing, I think Potassium is by far the worse of the two. His pushes have been shallow and ****ty, and the reasoning backing them is trash. Literally the ONLY thing giving me any pause on stringing this slot up is that when he said, "Ok time to actually read" I had to go 'Jesus Christ, it's possible he actually just straight up hasn't been playing'. But when I examined that in detail, I didn't see motivation for TownKantrip to try to look active by falsifying those grimy pushes just for the sake of activity.

Combine that with his grimy D1 and you've got yourself a

vote: Potassium

@ we thuggin we thuggin @#HBC | marshy : Get at me and bounce stuff off me. I'd like to know your thoughts on my thoughts, as funny as that sounds.
any of this change with maven scum ? also please tell me you hate bardull's self preservational "secret power" cause that **** screams mad indy yo , and im not having another golden sun mafia im telling you right now lol

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

you want a read? sure! you can be scum for doing jack**** in this game and the inconsistency behind how active yu are along with asking idle questions while i see zero conclusions. thanks for asking!

seriously rake. if you want to put out by providing some hard stances and or pushing discussion in a way that might be meaningful i might care to try and gauge you cuz right now yure a fat null
this post man, this is just so lazy, im not being intentionally lazy and you're willing to write me off as it ? I know you can do better , i always ask idle questions to see what people do and always play close to the chest cause no one gives a **** as town what i say, and come off of the zero conclusions bit, sure im not ripping people's heels off but how is that telling at all ? im pursuing my reads at my own speed, i dont see how you're managing to go "well yeah but lol make a stance " my stances have been clear, i thought kantrip was scum, he shot maven so i was wrong there, thought gorf could just die cause i wasnt sold on him being town, wrong there, but dont act like i didnt pursue em lol

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
whos scum? does bard/nabe make sense as a partner to maven? wats yur read on raz? why soup after bard/nabe?

finally why would mafia kill orbo? thats to any. no one has given a satisfactory answer

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

dont answer that ruy

rake post stances or die. i dont care if yu hav time for a big post if yu hav time for multiposts yu hav time to do a brief rundown of the game
after last night and today

Town:

Ryu
kantrip

town lean:
Raz (he has no need to claim his "bingo" like that as scum, come on marshy )
we thuggin (i still ont like how i feel like you've approached me especially cause you're recent stuff but in another sense your recent posts on me are at least better and you, and i've been re-reading your posts on their own and they seem better than what i saw as a whole on the game)

null / scum / can die
BARDULL: this ability screams anti town lol, "imma just stick actions from me onto someone else" come one, thats indy **** right there, plus too, bardull had scum reads he didnt use his **** on, this is obvious, he chooses a null read over his scum reads ? i dont ****ing buy it . This slot needs to go asap
soup (come back to the game or die)
glyph (same boat )
jexs (need to see why he's doing what he's doing, feel offf about his maven stance and his reads this game while good feel safe on my cursory re-read)

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

whos scum? does bard/nabe make sense as a partner to maven? wats yur read on raz? why soup after bard/nabe?

finally why would mafia kill orbo? thats to any. no one has given a satisfactory answer
Bad doesn't totlalyl make sense as a partner but his ability is anti town for sure, it's 100% something an indy would have, he's provided 0 content from the nabe side and their play has been self preservatory on the whole, the slot has to go. Im not willing to buy at all that theeir slot is magically town anymore just based off of them not claiming all that ridiculous crap cause too dnagerous , i could see nabedull indy doing it and the fact that they didnt even use this ability on a scum read is the final straw an you know im right.

What reason does town barnabull have to not send possible kills to a scum reads and instead sends it onto orbo, someone who would've eventually been posting playing, with better targets on the table ? ( the answer is he doesnt have a town reason to do it )

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
rake said:
town lean:

Raz (he has no need to claim his "bingo" like that as scum, come on marshy )
why? if scum tried to shoot indy bard/nabe n it failed the most common reaction is to **** their pants n sink a lynch of the indy that threatens their wincon. if raz is town thats not why

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

n sure rake. i can do better but thats dependent on town being cooperative. i hav table scraps with yu among others
im trying to co-operate with ya so tell me som,ething , do you think town bardull really just goes "yeah a null read who's not really here but it's a slot that could turn into an easy read" and kills him over his stated scum reads ? Cause i dont buy it , the pwoer itself is anti town on its own but nabedull's actions nail that coffin imo

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

why? if scum tried to shoot indy bard/nabe n it failed the most common reaction is to **** their pants n sink a lynch of the indy that threatens their wincon. if raz is town thats not why
it is to me though, cause raz would know that as scum i feel, plus he's been such a small factor that spotlighting himself on that sorta "bingo " because everyone's gonna lok his way, plus, why sink bardull during the day ? It'd make more sense to just shoot him again to me from a scum pov, plus i would think scum would wanna sideline a little after losing a member and i dont think raz has enough guts as a scum player to try and sink indy bardull like this

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

like, do ou really think raz who just got back into the game, knowing that with what bardull's now claimed would go "aha " and just swan dive bardull ? they are easier targets to lynch from my pov

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

k i have to go, im getting another bout of the ****s, right in cue with taking this ****ty clients "advisory calls"
god whoever said trying to do web consulting part time was a good idea, was a ****ing prick for saying it around me

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
i could care less about bard/nabe cuz if they arent mafia (likely) i KNOW scum want their lynch cuz ive been there. there is nothing more obnoxious as scum than an indy just sitting there n yu not being able to do **** about it. also orbo actually WAS one of their scumleans n this goes back to the golden question of why the hell scum kill ORBO over the indy powerhouse duo or our mason. **** doesnt make sense n while their claimed power is out of left field i cant put much past this setup given its nature. the thing with raz is that if he claims tracker (or even if he is!) then bard/nabe isnt a hard lynch by any means

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Marshy did you just ****in' lose your mind? Did you all of a sudden forget the posts I made yesterday?

You need to get your head out of your ass about the goddamn ****ing mason claim. I was PISSED because I didn't believe that Red Ryu would seriously play that ****ing poorly. When have I ever thrown myself out like that as scum? Name one game, please. You're going to actually throw the game over this 'there must be scum in those trying to lynch the mason' ****.

I tracked Maven Night 1 because of the previous comment I mentioned on not knowing Werekill's role. It led to me thinking he was probably a role you could find on a standard wiki (surprise, he was), but I ended up leaning on the wrong side of his alignment as a result of the tell. He went nowhere on Night 1.

What do I POSSIBLY stand to benefit by going balls out with my result when I could have just let you run train on Rake? Are you suggesting a Raz/Rake scumteam?

You're failing to really give any consideration to my motivations at ALL and you seriously need to re-evaluate.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I find your claim to be less believable; what does a Mafia Roleblocker have to gain by not using his ability? I also don't understand your ability selection for Maven...most players felt he was Town D1, and you voiced no concern towards Maven, so the decision making seems arbitrarily contrived.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
#1: He was the Janitor.
#2: No, most players did NOT think Maven was Town Day 1. I made VERY CLEAR why I tracked him based on things he said. Why would I have had to voice concern towards him to make the decision to track him?

Top Bottom