• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Right, meant Janitor. That still doesn't explain why he didn't use his ability though, surely you can explain this?

Him not knowing what a role is seems like a really weird reason to be tracking him, especially since he could have just asked his scum mates what the role did.

Most people track people whom they think are scum, so naturally I would expected some kind of implication that you didn't trust the slot.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh, right, forgot about Werekill's crazy role.

I really don't understand why that made you feel he was worth tracking.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
razieks post to marshy looks unnecessarily aggressive
For someone who played like ass the entire first two days it baffles me that you can't put yourself in my shoes and see that I'm annoyed that Marshy has 180'd my slot for things that happened on Day 1.

Bardull, do you actually have a purpose for nitpicking my track target decision? I have been very clear and am beginning to think you're just trying to pester me into saying something you can twist.

I came to the conclusion he had a standard mafia role. I was unsure on his alignment. I tracked him in hopes of clearing it up one way or another.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You'd also think you'd look at Day 1 when I got pissed at Ruy.

And the fact that I've already made it clear I was essentially coerced into playing this game and then I'm getting dickrode for dumb ****.

****'s frustrating.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I am a town miller. The reason I asked who else targetted me is because I was not previously. Since nobody claimed to target me I am going to assume it's the mod doing it for flavor purposes (my character changed).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
IDK why you revealed that when it was pretty apparent nobody was really pushing you and it was unlikely there was a cop. (Since Kantrip already revealed he had a 1-shot Cop)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I doubt that was just a retroactive mod change. That's not just flavour and it has an effect on the game. May have been always going to happen or may have been another roles doing (probably mafia).

JeXs

Smash Champion
IDK why you revealed that when it was pretty apparent nobody was really pushing you and it was unlikely there was a cop. (Since Kantrip already revealed he had a 1-shot Cop)
1. To not waste any cop shots that may or may not exist.
2. To clarify why I asked for who targetted me so that people won't delve into that too much and waste their time (and energy).

JeXs

Smash Champion
Also, I no longer have any ability unless you count being a miller as an ability.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
maven HADNT used his ability or else wed b dealing with a hidden flip. thisd b public information. idk what yure getting at here
*Ahem*

I freudian slipped really hard with Janitor and Jailer since the words visually look similar, and since one jailer had already flipped. Ignore that line of thought.

JeXs

Smash Champion
JeXs, you claimed to have targeted me on N1. How can you be just a town miller?
I just said I was not a town miller previously.
Ooooooh. Hmm.

If you explain the change, I might believe you depending on what you say.
I can't explain it, I don't know why I changed too. All I know is that I changed roles and I am simply a town miller without powers now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
JeXs lost his powers and thought the change might have been a retroactive mod adjustment for flavour reasoning?

Bull****

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Raziek's unwillingness to understand the good intentions behind reflecting the kill away from us to Orbo legitimately makes me think he's scum.

Even if our slot was an indy slot (we're not), we're a sub optimal play at best. We can't kill of our own volition under normal circumstances...how is that an inference of being Indy? We obviously couldn't redirect Raziek's tracking ability, so we're not some kind of bus driver or Indy redirector.

If it comes down to lynching inactives, I'd prefer glyph over soup, but I'd like both of them to get back here ASAP and provide their input so we don't have to lynch people on policy.

At this point, I prefer Rake/Raz as the lynch for toDay.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'll be reading over the course of the next few hours since I'm hella behind, but I AM here at least

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
why sink bardull during the day ? It'd make more sense to just shoot him again to me from a scum pov, plus i would think scum would wanna sideline a little after losing a member
No.

Let's say you're mafia. (For reference's sake, let's say you're also a player who knows enough about the mod to know that the mod thinks one-shot BP is a trash role.) You shoot at my slot. I don't die. Another player does die. The assumption is that the player who didn't die is bulletproof SK, and shot the other player. And with a BP SK on the table, there is exactly one play to make.
I tracked Bardull/Nabe to Orboknown last night.

Vote: Bardull/Nabe
This is the only way for a mafia member to get a bulletproof player off the table whom the entire town believes not to be mafia. Raz's aggression and hard push in the matter is not because he has a bingo, it's because this was the only recourse available.

could be mafia tracker just as easily as town tracker tho.
I don't think townRaz the tracker would be going in hard on a slot he doesn't think is mafia. (Even if his read on my slot is somehow mafia, he definitely doesn't think mafia targeted Orbo.) And Raz isn't a mafia tracker, because then the kills don't line up unless scum shot my slot AND tracked my slot.

Kantrip

Kantplay
We're not lynching a claimed tracker in a non-LyLo situation. He's accountable for his results now and a prime target for mafia, we can deal with him later. Even if he's mafia, he has a partner.

Someone give me the lowdown on Rake.

I'll be rereading maven to get an idea of possible connections later.

If everybody universally agrees that Nabedull are probably indy, why are we letting them live? Don't keep claimed indies alive. Ever. Is there anyone who thinks they are town?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
There needs to be a nameclaim toDay, every player. This is non-negotiable.

BARDULL: this ability screams anti town lol, "imma just stick actions from me onto someone else" come one, thats indy **** right there, plus too, bardull had scum reads he didnt use his **** on, this is obvious, he chooses a null read over his scum reads ? i dont ****ing buy it . This slot needs to go asap
If you phrase it that way, it sounds anti-town. But if you look at my role in terms of it being a gimped vig who has to pull a scum NK to kill their own target, it becomes clear where I sit in the setup. The role is a -1 trade for Bard's slot (willing to bet Bard would have died if I had chosen the "evil path") to gain the ability to absorb NKs and redirect them where we want them to go.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Ok stream of thought here we go. Starting back where I last left off:

-wtf you guys REALLY don't think there's a massive red flag with the Soup ****? When his reasoning was 'I used it to use it?' Boo hoo I know meta logic and whatever but come on, there's 0% chance of a town aligned day ending ability existing except to troll the players, and based off the flips we've seen thus far I highly doubt a role with such arbitrary use would exist. A one shot scum ability, used really poorly for god knows what reason, is a **** TON more likely.

Man I didn't think I'd get caught back up in this but I mean come on, all this 'well I can see town motive behind it because it doesn't make sense as scum' stuff should be thrown out the window since it doesn't make sense regardless of his alignment. Stack that mess with giving us no heads up on using it, and then randomly claiming but also offering no line of through behind the usage and I don't know how much it would take to make you look at the situation.

Here's the only hurdle left for the Soup thing I really think I need to touch on:

yu said my soup logic for his action bein likelier from town than scum is "full of holes" in that post above. im sayin the way he used it doesnt benefit scum NEARLY as much as it culd

*executes a ho
"hey guys i did that btw"

vs

*executes a townie in complete silence n gets away with it

thats wat im sayin
K, this is very true, but consider that the play was a bad play now matter how you approach it. It hurt town, but also would have hurt the mafia faction (assuming his one-shot claim was accurate and could have made for a much more optimal play). Hell, even as town that lynch was already secured and would have been a waste of an ability. The 'must be used on D1' clause is a convenient excuse to deflect off the question of 'why do it', so much so that (again) I doubt the ability is truly THAT restricted in its usage.

A TownSoup wouldn't pull the trigger, and even if he did there would have been reason to claim it beforehand and confirm the kill was sent by him. ScumSoup wouldn't pull the trigger since the lynch was already set and there's no reason to burn his ability OR even inform the town an execute is available at all.

Guys just look at the absurdity of how perfect the claim lines up to block out reasonable suspicions and it looks to me like someone spent their night phase building a cover for their gaff.

Unfortunately guys I found another post I want to respond to I promise this is (probably) the last one though

also can we NOT get ourselves wrapped up in claim bull****? why is so much energy being put into accusations off claims when that JUST ****ed up the dayphase yesterday? yall realize ryker just hosted a game that had tripwires for town to hit? takin over reliance on claim discussion as scummy considering this games makeup n i suggest other innocents do the same UNTIL we hav enough pieces of the puzzle that we might deduce something from it instead of rolling around in the dirt blind
This isn't UTrick'd. This game, to paraphrase Ryker himself, is designed to be enjoyable, interesting, and more importantly balanced. Does a 'Last 2 irl Days of D1 Town Executor, otherwise VT' fit in this set up? We've seen not only four PR flips, but two more that have impacted the game (that I know of, Marshold's vote steal and the slot fusion thing). I'm comfortable saying based off the knowledge I have thus far no, it does not. In fact unless someone else has a restriction even modestly similar to that claimed one I'd say the tripwires argument holds no water.

Really though what else is new right, Glyph thinks Soup's claim was gross and pretty much nothing else so far. Lets squeeze some new content out if we can.

Later edit: And to be honest, I was expecting it to be not more of the same but OOPS it was more of the same.

-Nabe claimed Indy and is still alive??? How many times has that whole 'I was anti-town but now I promise I'm super good!' thing actually been true? I don't care when, but Nabe absolutely cannot be allowed to live til endgame and I'd even go as far as to say I'd be willing to lynch him based off the indy claim alone. As someone who's done it before, it does not go well for town.

Oh but there's even more! They're confirmed town to each other, which means if we kill Nabe we get a 100% clear on Bardull who's apparently important based of flavor. Or, what I find more likely, is we'll find the first of two indies who have another convenient means of keeping suspicion off themselves.

Oh god I'm just talking about another claim and how I don't like it again aren't I. Whatever deal with it nerds, I'll work with claims any day of the week since they're one of the only things we're ever going to get true confirmation of.

ALSO WHAT'S THIS

Most of the important people have said things and nobody is speaking up, so here's your bingo of the day: (I already made it clear enough it was PR related to not bother hiding it at this point)

I tracked Bardull/Nabe to Orboknown last night.

Vote: Bardull/Nabe

GEE AIN'T THAT SUSPICIOUS THAT THE POTENTIALLY INDY SLOT DONE PEEPED ON THAT DEAD GUY

vote: Bardull/Nabe

No thank you irt leaving this slot's giant liability alone any longer.

Then there's this Jexs claim but I don't think there's anything to mess with there. Unless he's like played a ton of mafia games (I don't think he has).

I'm down with doing a mass name claim, but if we agree to do so I want to make a post before the claims actually start.

Ok so where's that put me at:

Soup and Bardull need to die. Even if you think my case on Soup is full of big dumb stinky holes he's still massively inactive (lol) and thus a good target to bump off sooner than later.

I like Raziek a lot. Have all game, even the push on RR early on because I get it. I really do. I've played with both people in person and that reaction was one I don't think was out of character for townRaz.

Marshy I will speak on LATER for reasons that should be obvious

Everyone else is either dead or didn't do anything flashy enough to catch my eye during my readthrough.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't get the Rake push.
The Glyph push was cuz he was an easy target and was inactive.
The Raziek push was based on his pushing the mason and his track choice of maven? I've thought about it and both make sense.

Marshy spouting that one of the 4 people pushing Ruy must be scum was mad opportunistic. It was an easy thing to voice with the potential to garner 4 mislynches in a row. Werekill got mislynched off of it, Gorf got mislynched off of it, I almost got mislynched off of it, and now Raziek is being pushed off of it. Honestly, it was a silly move from all of us, but it was not scum motivated. I sympathize with Raz's push, I really do. Werekill was misguided and Gorf was Gorf. Scum would not put themselves out there pushing ruy in that situation. We were all being dumb, yes, but the scum motivation isn't there. Marshys insistence it was and systematically trying to lynch the 3 voters is grimy.

Nabedull is pretty clearly indy. Marshy actually suggesting we IGNORE the claimed indy is also grimy as ****. Everyone knows you lynch indies. You don't leave them alive to "mess with scum."

Look at Marshys reason for calling maven scum (I'll bet my ass that was a bus). It was because maven called me town when I was getting pushed and according to marshy: "No townie would hold that opinion." Lo and behold, marshy also thought I was town at that time. Thing is, he was right. Logically he should have been pushing me along with everyone who voted ruy. The fact he wasn't screams of outside knowledge, going for town points should I flip, and keeping me alive because I'm not threatening/can be mislynched later.

I say we lynch marshy toDay, Raz can track soup, we lynch him if he's scum, then deal with Nabedull if the games still going

Vote: we thuggin

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
I don't get the Rake push.
The Glyph push was cuz he was an easy target and was inactive.
The Raziek push was based on his pushing the mason and his track choice of maven? I've thought about it and both make sense.

Marshy spouting that one of the 4 people pushing Ruy must be scum was mad opportunistic. It was an easy thing to voice with the potential to garner 4 mislynches in a row. Werekill got mislynched off of it, Gorf got mislynched off of it, I almost got mislynched off of it, and now Raziek is being pushed off of it. Honestly, it was a silly move from all of us, but it was not scum motivated. I sympathize with Raz's push, I really do. Werekill was misguided and Gorf was Gorf. Scum would not put themselves out there pushing ruy in that situation. We were all being dumb, yes, but the scum motivation isn't there. Marshys insistence it was and systematically trying to lynch the 3 voters is grimy.

Nabedull is pretty clearly indy. Marshy actually suggesting we IGNORE the claimed indy is also grimy as ****. Everyone knows you lynch indies. You don't leave them alive to "mess with scum."

Look at Marshys reason for calling maven scum (I'll bet my *** that was a bus). It was because maven called me town when I was getting pushed and according to marshy: "No townie would hold that opinion." Lo and behold, marshy also thought I was town at that time. Thing is, he was right. Logically he should have been pushing me along with everyone who voted ruy. The fact he wasn't screams of outside knowledge, going for town points should I flip, and keeping me alive because I'm not threatening/can be mislynched later.

I say we lynch marshy toDay, Raz can track soup, we lynch him if he's scum, then deal with Nabedull if the games still going

Vote: we thuggin
yure ****ing awful dude

more l8r when i reread but i got my lynch!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Glyph's post is all role speculation and analysis, it doesn't read into intent whatsoever, nor does it acknowledge general play as a whole. I think Kantrip is Town, but I have to agree with marshy that he's being awfully linear.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Unless scum read this post and then don't do that and it was a waste of a lynch though

Also 0% chance of even pretending we're lynching Marshold (i'm sorry I felt so clever when I thought of that so deal with it) today so you should slap a vote onto someone more realistic.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Glyph's post is all role speculation and analysis, it doesn't read into intent whatsoever, nor does it acknowledge general play as a whole.
This is completely accurate but also doesn't exactly refute anything I've said either.

Top Bottom